Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
[b]Great but....when was the last time you dusted your interior? At that mileage, I'll probably have my X completely detailed and then go offroading the next day! laugh
Hmm, why do you clean your truck? I have bathed her once in the past two years. I don't see the purpose. It isn't a show truck and the rain and a quick squirt with the hose does the trick. As far as the inside goes, I try to keep it cleaner, but that plastic is just a static nightmare and attracts more dirt, dust, dandruff than you can keep up, unless your name is Monk.[/b]
I agree with you on principle, but regularly washing and waxing your truck will make the paint last a lot longer. A fresh coat of wax protects the paint from sun (UV), dirt, salt, scratches, etc... and will keep it from peeling and rusting. X's haven't really been around long enough for the elements to take their toll, but down the road it will be appreciated. Plus, its a lot easier to work on if you keep the underside and engine bay clean. Appearance-wise, I couldn't care less what it looks like.