Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 217 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#256932 - 13/02/08 04:48 PM almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

title says it all. not bad for my first go off road eh? my buddies helped me out & was back on the trail in no time. i really did almost have it & the guys i was with were impressed that i made it that far for a first timer & then i told em i didnt even have a 4x4...

because when your friend tells you to "hammer it!" and you dont listen, this happens:

#256933 - 13/02/08 04:52 PM Re: almost made it
Claus Offline

My vote for Dumbass of the month....

#256934 - 13/02/08 05:10 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
x2

#256935 - 13/02/08 06:18 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

why?

cause youve never been stuck in the mud? Shit I know i have so does that make me..and everyone else stuck in a hole dumb? Or you just the smartest dude alive?

get some mt's and go back and show that hole whats up laugh

#256936 - 13/02/08 06:18 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
[b]My vote for Dumbass of the month....
x2[/b]
Spoken like 2 guys that think parking their X on the gravel shoulder is considered offroad.... [Finger]

#256937 - 13/02/08 06:27 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bpc:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
x2[/b]
Spoken like 2 guys that think parking their X on the gravel shoulder is considered offroad.... [Finger] [/b]
[LOL]

[drink]

#256938 - 13/02/08 07:34 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

I vote no. getting stuck is all part of learning what you can and can't do, at least he had the balls to try.

#256939 - 13/02/08 08:27 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think you would even need M/T's. Looks like you're basically running street tread. Get some decent all-terrains and I think you'll see a huge difference.

And FYI, "hammer it" doesn't always cut it.

Did you creep into the hole or did you hit it with any momentum?

#256940 - 13/02/08 09:43 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

#256941 - 14/02/08 04:57 AM Re: almost made it
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
x2[/b]
Spoken like 2 guys that think parking their X on the gravel shoulder is considered offroad.... [Finger] [/b]
[Spit] [LOL] [LOL]

#256942 - 14/02/08 06:40 AM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Claus, don't you have a subaru board to troll?

#256943 - 14/02/08 08:33 AM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool It's simply amazing, that actions like that, can instill PRIDE !!

-- [ThumbsDown] [ThumbsDown] --JIMBO

#256944 - 14/02/08 10:39 AM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake N Bama:
I don't think you would even need M/T's. Looks like you're basically running street tread. Get some decent all-terrains and I think you'll see a huge difference.

And FYI, "hammer it" doesn't always cut it.

Did you creep into the hole or did you hit it with any momentum?
yeah, i'm gona be getting some BFG AT's when these tires have had it. im in the navy so i dont get to much in the lines of a paycheck to toss at tires. i didnt really creap in but i wasnt cruising through. i'd say i slowed down to much when i approached the hole when i know i should have tried to keep up momentum. i read here that you should rock the truck by going reverse & drive a few times. i got almost out a couple of times but then i got high centered & thats all she wrote. as to the others [Crybaby] about it, what ever. your not born with the ability to off road so i took a chance to see what i could do. i'll get better as i keep at it but i'll prolly get stuck more. also wasnt there a thread earlier about "show us your stuck pics?" meh, i had fun.

#256945 - 14/02/08 11:26 AM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] You gotta live in and learn... ignore the people who never get their tires any deeper than a mud puddle.

#256946 - 14/02/08 01:20 PM Re: almost made it
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Another trick when you are stuck is to wiggle the steering wheel from left to right in a quick fashion, while you get on the throttle.

#256947 - 14/02/08 01:32 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mosi:
Another trick when you are stuck is to wiggle the steering wheel from left to right in a quick fashion, while you get on the throttle.
I think at that point he'd be digging in deeper but what do I know. The left to right did work for me in the sand though.

#256948 - 14/02/08 01:36 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mosi:
Doubt that'd help without any power to the front wheels/tires.

#256949 - 14/02/08 03:46 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

before i put tires on that thing i would seriously think of lowering it and sticking to mall parking lots.
it's 2x guys.
.... and yes i have been stuck in mud before in my X....
imma dumbass noob 2.

#256950 - 14/02/08 05:19 PM Re: almost made it
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kavett:
...but i'll prolly get stuck more. also wasnt there a thread earlier about "show us your stuck pics?" meh, i had fun.
I've seen some 2wd X's do some pretty impressive things, but they are limited because they aren't 4wd. Just like I've seen stock Xterra's do impressive things, but they too were limited because they were stock, not modified. And you're definately going to get stuck more if you hit the trails simply because you have a 2wd X. :rolleyes: There are trails out there which a 2wd vehicle can do, but there are others which a 2wd has no business being on.

The "Show us Your Stuck pic" thread had one thing in common for all of the Stuck pics -
they were of 4 wheel drive vehicles, all in sticks much more "severe" than yours...

#256951 - 14/02/08 05:31 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=002613

#256952 - 14/02/08 06:00 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
x2[/b]
Or spoken like somebody who thinks driving a 2wd X with stock tires through a deep water/mud hole is a dumbass.

#256953 - 14/02/08 06:04 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kavett:
your not born with the ability to off road so i took a chance to see what i could do. i'll get better as i keep at it but i'll prolly get stuck more. also wasnt there a thread earlier about "show us your stuck pics?" meh, i had fun.[QUOTE]
That's the spirit. Don't worry too much about Claus, he's just bitter since his chicken shit to methenol scheme didn't pan out. Oh, and Mel Gibson killed his giant retard. That also put him in a bad mood.

#256954 - 14/02/08 06:29 PM Re: almost made it
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Claus, don't you have a subaru board to troll?
Subaru?....

If you think driving a 2 wheel drive vehicle through a mudhole to see if you can make it is cool, then you should also try the snowbanks at K-mart..who knows you might make it.

I have wheeled since 2001, on my 2nd X (which has seen less wheeling after we had a kid). I have done most of the trails in Moab, WA, some in Oregon and driven BC thin. I have been stuck over 2 dozen times...all in 4 low mind you.
[Finger]

#256955 - 14/02/08 06:45 PM Re: almost made it
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mitch1351:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kavett:
your not born with the ability to off road so i took a chance to see what i could do. i'll get better as i keep at it but i'll prolly get stuck more. also wasnt there a thread earlier about "show us your stuck pics?" meh, i had fun.[QUOTE]
That's the spirit. Don't worry too much about Claus, he's just bitter since his chicken shit to methenol scheme didn't pan out. Oh, and Mel Gibson killed his giant retard. That also put him in a bad mood.
"Methenol" scheme? you mean Methanol?. well they are building as we speak...and it is Grain not Chicken shit.

So off-roading on street tires in a 2 wheel drive CAR is getting the spirit?. he either is a Dumbass or has money to blow, and I think he explained the latter...

#256956 - 14/02/08 06:54 PM Re: almost made it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mitch1351:
[b][QUOTE]Originally posted by Kavett:
"Methenol" scheme? you mean Methanol?. well they are building as we speak...and it is Grain not Chicken shit.

So off-roading on street tires in a 2 wheel drive CAR is getting the spirit?. he either is a Dumbass or has money to blow, and I think he explained the latter...[/b]
I stand corrected.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal