Quote:
Originally posted by Dave03X:
Ditto on that...you don't need to do that stuff. Like steel said...you can do a t-bar crank and fit some nice 32s under there...I'd take it a step further actually and just throw some shackles under there too...I mean, why not? They're less than $75 typically, and that's with more than one manufacturer. Plus, once the 32s are on, the t-bar crank and the shackle install can be done in an hour, or less depending on whether or not you can turn a wrench. It's not hard to do at all. Since you're looking at going body lift anyways...you'll get pretty damn near the same result on lift with a tbar crank and shackle install, and you will have spent a quarter of the money...body lifts for the X are around $250 to $300. A tbar crank is free, and shackles...again, about $75 or less depending on who you order from. And bam...about 1.5" or so of lift, and MUCH easier to do than a body lift for sure.

If you're going with 32s though, and are lifting with a tbar crank up front...at least get an idler arm brace...cheap insurance for prolonging the life of a stock steering set up.
Thats was some good info........And yes I'm in the Noob's are us club!
I was wondering if there was a
CHEAP way to give just a little lift... I have the 2006 OR and wanted just a little lift but didn't want to sink a lot of money in to since I just go my truck two weeks ago.... so the tbar lift look like a good cheap way to go.....As far as tires well I'll just keep the ones I got for now I guess.
Now I know some of you are going to go WTF this guy is dumb but does anyone have a pic of the t-bar I need to crank??? I'll start looking around for the shackles. Maybe I can even find some used ones or something on the buy sell forum.
Thanks for all the great info guys....