Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#300021 - 05/12/01 02:45 AM Re: Motorola talk about, any good?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by MeWantSnow!:
Ummmmm...nevermind

laugh

I like the TalkAbout.. I got two of them and it works pretty good when I take it out fishing or traveling.. Actually used it on the golf course too, when we got a party of 8, I let the other foursome borrow one and we keep in contact for the hell of it.. Pretty neat.. cool

#300022 - 05/12/01 05:06 AM Re: Motorola talk about, any good?
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Yup, seems to confirm it, the Cobras just don't jive with the rest of the FRS world. Either they sound like crap or they just don't come in at all.

I don't know why everyone seems to have so many compatibility issues. I have one Motorola 6320 and the two Cobras from Nissan and I have no problems using all three together. We've used all three together in three different cars with no trouble. The Cobras don't sound as good, but given you could buy 5 of them (or take 5 test drives) for the price of a 6320 it's to be expected.

#300023 - 05/12/01 06:10 AM Re: Motorola talk about, any good?
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I just got a 2 pack of the Motorola 5200 on sale at Best Buy this week for $45. Pretty good deal. They're usually around $65 for two. They have the 14 sub codes, battery meter, backlight, and have an outlet for a headset. I like 'em.

#300024 - 05/12/01 07:40 AM Re: Motorola talk about, any good?
MeWantSnow! Offline

Loc: Sparta, NJ
I have 4 Talkabout 250's the things are GREAT!!!!! I use them on the trails, when I go skiing, I even took them on my vacation to Finland and Sweden...although customs got a little curious about them.

#300025 - 06/12/01 08:08 AM Re: Motorola talk about, any good?
MadMax Offline

Loc: San Antonio, Texas
Okay, so I have been doing some research. Walmart has the talkabout 6200 which seems to have everything except the rechargable battery for $49.95. As recommended by another memeber I took a look at the Bellsouth 1022 and while it's not as pretty, this one has just about everything the motorola has except hands free (which I don't see the point of anyway). My only question is does anyone know if the Bellsouth is weather proof? The Motorola says it's weather proof but the Bellsouth does not say if it is or not. I cannot remember which member it was that said they used these Bellsouth models, and that they work great. So, if your out there, let me know if they are weather resistant. Thanks guys.

#300026 - 06/12/01 07:49 PM Re: Motorola talk about, any good?
CDXX Offline

Loc: Beverly, MA
Quote:
My only question is does anyone know if the Bellsouth is weather proof? The Motorola says it's weather proof but the Bellsouth does not say if it is or not. I cannot remember which member it was that said they used these Bellsouth models, and that they work great. So, if your out there, let me know if they are weather resistant.

I have assumed that they are NOT weather proof but we have used ours in the rain a bunch of times. One did get fogged once. I just opened up the battery compartment and let it air dry. It's still working fine. In bad weather we would sorta bend slightly to allow our head to shield the unit. I wouldn't call them water proof (as in drop it in the lake) but I haven't worried about using them either. BTW they do have VOX a voice activated mode which allows you to not have to press the send button. I never use it 'cause your first word is always cut off! If you decide to go with the 1022's realize that there are 2 versions out there. Go with the one that has the battery level display in the upper left hand corner (as opposed to the lower right hand corner). These units have a couple extra features including 3 different ringing patterns.

#300027 - 07/12/01 01:48 AM Re: Motorola talk about, any good?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
I don't have any experience with the BellSouth walkies, but if they're anything like their phones, then they suck.. I had a couple of their cordless phones and they stunk worse than an oyster's ass.. :rolleyes:

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal