More install notes:

The installation is straight-forward--nothing too advanced. This forum was helpful in locating the VSS wire (which is the light blue wire in the factory harness--and gets "translated" to a black wire on the aftermarket wiring harness). I did not install the reverse-light sensor, as I don't plan on installing the rear-mounted camera.

As for the in-motion video bypass, here is what I've done: I noticed that so long as the VSS signal is detected, it trusts the connection. This means that so long as it's on, and senses the connection, and the signal drops, then it assumes the vehicle is stopped. Soooo, I simply but a switch on that line. When I start the X, I make sure the circuit is closed, and then I start moving, and everything is as designed. Then, if I want to watch a DVD, I simply open the circuit and the Z1 thinks the vehicle is stopped (shows a speed of 0mph on the vehicle dynamics display), and displays the DVD video on the monitor. The only bad (sort-of) part to this, is that because the Z1 thinks you're stopped, it stopped tracking your GPS position. But simply flip the switch, and it relocates your position on the map to your position on the world. Not bad for a cheap fix, in my opinion...

Testing and evaluation:

AV Source Menu:

XM Display:

iPod Interface Display (notice all id Tag info):

iPod Search Display (just like using your iPod):

GPS Display (notice NavTraffic inputs on I95 around DC):

Hard Drive Library View:

Destination Menu:

Unit Open: