Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#315969 - 22/02/04 07:23 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
pinoy Offline

Loc: TinleyPark, IL.
First off I would like to thank the Firewalker Jeep Guys for their support and professionalism on this run. These are the kind of people you definately want to run with. I never once heard them mock or complain about all the winching that went on and they were also the first to dive in and help everybody out. Without them I'm sure it would have been a very long day.
On the most part I think the run went very well. Conditions were slick but that was to be expected with all the ice and snow. I think everybody had a good time and learned from this. Hope none of the winching and breakages discouraged anybody from wheeling, (trust me I've had my share on other runs).
I was really impressed with the 4runner (stock) and how he walked up some of those hills but then again he was locked in the rear. Can't forget to mention spiderman and the slicks he ran with and still managed to show us up. laugh
Nice to meet everybody, hopefully we can have more runs in the future.
Big thanks to broncox for setting this up...
roofgoat I think the jeep guys name is Dave Glander from firewalker4x4.org.

#315970 - 22/02/04 08:57 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a great time!! The only thing that sucked were the Long Trail TAs that caused me to be pulled up one hill and winched from two points to get back on the trail....Other than that, I had a blast!!!

I'm looking at new tires this week (oh thank GOD!!!0, so hopefully next time the "Grabber Guy" [Wave] laugh can make it up slick slopes without being questioned!! :rolleyes:

As for the Jeep guys.....VERY Professional. I think they were actually impressed(without saying it) at what the X was actually capable of. They finally helped me understand why they are so hell bent on getting Jeeps - Stripped Xterra 4x4 XE - $20-23k....Stripped Jeep 4x4 - $16-17k!! Take the extra $3-6k and throw it into wheeling accessories, and you got yourself a hell of a rig......This, however, does not mean that I am going to get a Jeep in the near future though....I'm having too much fun with my X!!!

I actually have one of the MANY pics that were taken with my camera set as my computer desktop background right now!! Pinoy, thanks for takin the camera on those occasions!! You're the photographer of the desktop!!(its one of the 4 you took of me crawling up that hill in the main pit) Nice Shot!! [ThumbsUp]

I even have a few video clips as well....not the greatest quality because they were done with a digital camera, but viewable.

GREAT to meet all of you guys!! Can't wait till the next run!! Unfortunately, this week end weekend is going to be rough, and I'm not sure if work will permit me to make it to the Meet and Greet on the 28th mad

BroncoX....Thanks for organizing it!! We gotta go for a beer sometime now that I know someone here is as close as you are!!

Pinoy....Nice rig man!! Thanks for the tow out of that rut!! Can't wait till next time!!

Roofgoat....Sorry bout the damage man...It wasn't too bad (according to the body shop) was it? Shoulda stayed anyways...We coulda used a 5th X in some of the pics!!

Lincolnnellie....Great to finally meet the master of the Midwest Owners board!!

And thanks to all of you guys for being understanding about the tires, and not ripping on me too much! Thanks also for the help in deciding which tires to get.... [Wave]

#315971 - 23/02/04 07:57 AM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
Xrugger Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like you guys had much more fun than I could have in my 6 hour meeting in Valpraiso. Hopefully I'll be there next time.

#315972 - 23/02/04 09:00 AM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
roofgoat Offline

Loc: IL
look forward to getting together for a few cold oils with you guys. Joe, thanks for the info on Dave.

#315973 - 23/02/04 12:09 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
broncox Offline

Loc: chicago
Hey Guys, Thanks to all of you who came out. hopefully we can do this again soon with a few more members. I think that we learned alot about what our trucks can do as well as our own ability off road. I sent a e-mail to Dave and the guys that came out from firewalkers thanking them for a job well done. When I invited them I had no intention of them taking the ball and running with it. I thought that it would be nice to have
a variety of trucks out to see what every body can do. I'm glad they were there I think we would have been a little more conservative if we were on our own. I think we learned how important tires are for the first mod. as well as having at least one truck with a wench. I think Roofgoat would have suffered alot more damage if we didn't have Dave there to wench him up.
Hats off to everyone that came, and big hats off to Firewalkers. laugh

#315974 - 23/02/04 05:37 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
pinoy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:
I actually have one of the MANY pics that were taken with my camera set as my computer desktop background right now!! Pinoy, thanks for takin the camera on those occasions!! You're the photographer of the desktop!!(its one of the 4 you took of me crawling up that hill in the main pit) Nice Shot!! [ThumbsUp]
Glad the pics worked out for you, I figured I'd take more than one so you can pick one that looked halfway good.

#315975 - 23/02/04 06:49 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
Anonymous
Unregistered

All four of them turned out cool...I also like the one where the truck has crossed the apex of the hill and is on its sharp descent. All you see is the back end, trailer hitch, and spare tire. This is the one I picked....

[img]http://www.kpwolfenstein.com/webportal1/pic_show.asp?picid=284[/img]

#315976 - 24/02/04 11:01 AM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
SplashMan Offline

Man, wish I had seen this last week, I could use a offroad "fix". I'm going to have to keep a better eye on this place from now on... so when is the next time you guys are going and where can I see the pics from this run?

#315977 - 24/02/04 01:12 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
roofgoat Offline

lincolnnellie, thanks for the fender info, the guy in ARK checked the fender and called back and said there were some scratches on it (like I cared too much). I found a junked 02 Xterra in Blue Island, IL(ABC Auto Parts), and lucky enough, it was Black. $100. smile

For $150 I can get a new mirror installed and $95 for the fender install so the damage is easier to swallow.

As the day went by, did it get muddier? You guys should know the place like the back of your hand now since you were there for over 6 hours.

#315978 - 24/02/04 02:52 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
broncox Offline

As the day went by, did it get muddier? You guys should know the place like the back of your hand now since you were there for over 6 hours.

No, it didn't seem to get any muddier. The temp started to drop a bit so everything seemed to hold together pretty well. Yes, I think we know the place pretty well now and maybe next time we will have a few mor trucks.

#315979 - 24/02/04 06:45 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
pinoy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SplashMan:
Man, wish I had seen this last week, I could use a offroad "fix". I'm going to have to keep a better eye on this place from now on... so when is the next time you guys are going and where can I see the pics from this run?
Brian, check the pictures section, thread titled lake geneva pics or something like that.
So... Have you brought the explorer out of retirement?

#315980 - 24/02/04 09:06 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Here is a link to the pics

Thread with pics from Lake Geneva

At the end of the thread I talk about trying to get another run started. Let me know if you are interested in the other thread.

#315981 - 24/02/04 09:08 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by roofgoat:
lincolnnellie, thanks for the fender info, the guy in ARK checked the fender and called back and said there were some scratches on it (like I cared too much). I found a junked 02 Xterra in Blue Island, IL(ABC Auto Parts), and lucky enough, it was Black. $100. smile

For $150 I can get a new mirror installed and $95 for the fender install so the damage is easier to swallow.

That is great news man! Are you getting that fender installed right now? It is drivable, isn't it. If you can bear the damage for a while, I would wait until after MXC (if you are planning on going) just incase you damage it again. I hope this doesn't shy you away from wheelin. The more you get out there and learn, the less likely things like this will happen. Happy to help you out man!

#315982 - 25/02/04 08:07 AM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Roofgoat.....In case you're interested -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33649&item=2461857387

BRAND NEW Passenger side mirror. Currently at $100. Not sure if you had yours fixed yet, but you may want to watch this just in case.

#315983 - 25/02/04 12:58 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
IUScott Offline

Loc: Chicago
Oh freaking shiznit!!! I've been so busy at work--migrating 500 plus machines and users to Active Directory--I havent had the chance to hit up and read all of XOC. I just found out that yall went for a run this past weekend.

You can count me in for the next run thats planned. I will have to keep a closer eye open!!!

Scott

#315984 - 25/02/04 01:15 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
broncox Offline

How many people would be up for another run up to Lake Geneva this spring or fall? Those of us that did go, would you go again?

#315985 - 25/02/04 01:56 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
I'd be up to going as long we can get enough people to keep costs down and as long as I have no schedule conflicts!!

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#315986 - 25/02/04 03:47 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm in again!!

#315987 - 25/02/04 08:18 PM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
Lincoln Offline

I started talking about this in the pictures thread. I am definatly in.

#315988 - 26/02/04 10:57 AM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
IUScott Offline

Loc: Chicago
I already said I was in..but I'll say it again..

I'm In. I'm getting married at the end of May, so most weekends are booked with wedding F-ing crap. Good thing the future wife doesnt read XOC.
If we got a date well in advance it would be cool. The finacee is down with it..we where out at the badlands together when rubber-duckey took a swim smile

Anytime after June 6th would work as well.

#315989 - 26/02/04 11:24 AM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Count me in! wink

Dan

#315990 - 26/02/04 11:59 AM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
broncox Offline

Well lets pick a day. Lets also pick a day far enough a head of time that we can get more people to go. I can put everything together again if anyone likes. I would love to start doing more outings on a regular basis. As well as have a more structured club. Maybe do a Xterra 101 class so that more people learn what their trucks can do. I passed five Xterras today how do we get these people involved!

#315991 - 27/02/04 08:56 AM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
SplashMan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pinoy:
Quote:
Originally posted by SplashMan:
[b]Man, wish I had seen this last week, I could use a offroad "fix". I'm going to have to keep a better eye on this place from now on... so when is the next time you guys are going and where can I see the pics from this run?
Brian, check the pictures section, thread titled lake geneva pics or something like that.
So... Have you brought the explorer out of retirement?[/b]
No, she is still retired, but a light trip like that and I could get away with running her. I'd just have to stay out of the deep mud since I'm running the 32" ATs now instead of the 33" MTs.
She will be gone in 6 mths or so anyway and it would give you a chance to return the favor of a pull. wink The X looks good by the way, haven't seen it since last year some time. [ThumbsUp]

#315992 - 27/02/04 09:41 AM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
roofgoat Offline

broncox, I'm in but my truck will go nowhere near any tree. I promised my wife I would wheel on flat to semi flat areas only (muddy OK). laugh

#315993 - 29/03/04 10:14 AM Re: Lake Geneva Wi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys....I reduced about half of the pics I took at Lake Geneva. Zipped up, it is about 6.5 MB worth of pics(avg size is around 105k - 58 of the 127 pics I took). Anyone other than Joe and Michael want them? I need an email address so I can send em out.

Also, Joe and Michael, will your mailboxes take files that large, or do I have to break them down and send multiple emails?

I also have some short video clips (18 of em) from the trip. They range anywhere from 2.6 MB to 50.3 MB. I think I'm going to put those on CDs and pass those out at the next gathering. I need a list of people that would like the videos(some are kinda lame, but some are cool).

[Wave]

Email me to let me know what you want - jurrien74@sbcglobal.net

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal