Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
[b]Not trying to be an ass but why bother? The Jeep "Trail Rated" badge is nothing more than a marketing campaign, just like Pepsi's "The Choice of a New Generation".

The Xterra is a Nissan not a Jeep. It is what it is. If you are that taken with Jeep marketing pitches then buy a Jeep.

Anyway, to each their own. Have fun. smile
But don't you see?? that is the whole point!!! To make fun of the Jeep marketing program by doing a sarcastic take off of their badge!!! It is supposed to anger/annoy/question Jeep owners in general and Grocery Getters in particular!![/b]
Sorry. I don't see the point. I don't understand this whole Xterra vs. Jeep thing anyway. Each vehicle has is pluses and minuses. I chose the Xterra because of it's offroad performance and the ability to take the family on vacation. The price tag didn't hurt either.

Besides, any real Jeeper knows that "Trail Rated" badge means nothing. Do you really think the TRUE Jeepers want that crap on their sheet metal. I doubt it.

That was an advertising campaign designed to dupe the soccer mom into think her Jeep is better then any other 4x4 out there. After all, it is TRAIL RATED. Gimme a break. If you want to tell if a vehicle is trail rated just look at the mods and that should give you an indication of it's trail worthiness.

Again, I'm not trying to be agressive. I just don't understand. smile