Do you have 5 years worth of service records to prove that the truck was properly maintained? If so then try taking it to another dealer explain the situation and the service manager will more than likely work with you...especially if it means your continued business.

If you dont have the records well Nissan is right you have no way to prove one way or another and small claims court will be a waste of your time and money.

When the truck was in for the RMS it may have been that problem indeed. A dealership is not allowed to "upsell" on warranty repairs....things get messy during audit time. If the truck is leaking they have a set diagnostic process and if they find that the RMS was bad they fix it.

To be totally honest it sounds lilke that dealer is pretty shaddy or like was said before maybe they had a bad mechanic..let him go and now his bad work is coming back...that happened in my wife's shop before as in all other shops.

Your best bet is to take the truck to another shop and explain things and see if you can work out a deal from there. I got my tranny done that way and Yes Nissan will ALWAYS side with the dealer!!!! They just put that 1-800 number up because they legally have to. Ask if Nissan has a coupon program that they can send you to help defray some of the repair cost...I know of a few OEM's that do this.

Your last scenario is to go to the dealership that the original service was done on and rape them on a new vehicle.

Hope all turns out well for you. Let us know what turns up.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson