Quote:
Originally posted by edstorm:
this is not reall that off topic, but my friend from a japan motorsports mentioned that I could maybe fit a Nissan Skyline GT-R engine in the xterra. Anyone tried that out.

Probably cost 5000 to get the engine and itll make a killer speed racer...but really nuts....just wondering the possibility though considering that they managed to put a pathfinder enginer in an xterra.

p.s - NO WAY I AM GETTING THAT DONE---car relaibilty will go down.... smile
Your friend is full of shit. The RB26DET won't fit under the hood of the X. Unless you cut the firewall, relocate the radiator and condensor and know a cheap but reliable welder.

Everyone's fantasy of putting a Skyline motor in their ride can quit jerking off to pics of it in their bathrooms, put on their McDonald's hat (wash your hands) and get me some fries.

The only vehicles the RB will fit in is the 240. The 'other' Skyline engine is the SR20DET, and you can put that into a lot of things, even an Xterra. But then you have a turbo 4 banger that'll spit out a whopping 235hp stock. Then you can upgrade that (SAFC, JW computer, cams, boost controller, etc.) and get around 250hp & 260'lb of torque (but that's up here at altitude, and after the dyno tune, stock computer).

Save your pennies, buy the '05 and get it all at once, with a warranty.