Quote:
I kinda prefer the bar girl... myself... [LOL]

That's the reason I didn't want the slush box. Why have gears that are so close in a manual. I know 1st is good for steady crawling in four lo, but for the street it is really short.

Now you could go first, third and final for the speed and conditions. You may get an increase in mileage if you treat the skinny pedal nicely. That won't hurt the clutch as you wouldn't be letting it slip. If you find yourself not removing your foot entirely from the clutch pedal between shifts, you're most likely wearing it out prematurely.

Good luck! [Wave]
The 1-3-4/5/6 could work, but I'm thinking I'll use the straight normal sequence, just make sure I shift around 2.5K every time. With the teeniest of throttle blips, there shouldn't be too much slippage and unless I'm needing to merge in a hurry, skipping gears probably doesn't net too much of a savings.

I'm thinking that relaxing and not being in a hurry is also driving my mileage up. Columbus isn't known for bad traffic*, so it's not that difficult to not get angry.

*They may think it is, but that's because they've not driven in Manhattan, NJ, Boston, or DC. All of which have consumed many, many hours of my life in bumper to bumper traffic.