Quote:
Originally posted by Bruzer:
Quote:
Originally posted by mcatdtX:
[b]...I'm a firm believer that how much you make annually, and how much you purchase vehicles for should be private because someone will always be able to say, they did better. Or they found it cheaper here.
A freaking MEN! mcatdtX

I am so sick of reading posts that people bragging how low they got their Xterras for. Either they really did get a great deal and they are trying to make others feel bad for not getting such a great deal. Or they are lying (or misrepresenting the truth) to only appear that they scored a great deal, which is even more sad.

I really enjoy the posts like "I got my Xterra for this much and here is how I did it". This kind of post does not try to make others feel bad. It actually gives the rest of us a chance to learn from other people and possibly become better negotiators and get offer tips and advice to get the best deal.

Here is an excellent example:
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000427

I joined this XterraOwnersClub.com back when I got my 2001 Xterra and I did not post the price I got it for. I am currently shopping around for a 2005 Xterra and I will not post the price I get for that one. Not because I didn't get a good deal, but because I don't need to brag about it here to impress people I hardly know.[/b]
But it is nice to know the X's can be had for X number of dollars above/below Invoice/MSRP. That just make consumers work harder at breaking the stealership backs etc. etc.