I don't usually post to these 2WD versus 4WD arguments. I believe that everyone buys what they buy for a reason. I will point out that even though my Xterra will never be a true "rock crawler" I do drive very slow(crawl)over large rocks. I really like all the 2WD folks I've met so far and am happy that they are here. The more the merrier. I think the reason that some 4WD people rag on them is two fold:
1) They enjoy the feeling of superiority they get when they put a similar truck ,with what they consider inferior ability, down.
2) They worry that a 2WD truck in the group will make them unable to go where they want to go.

I was one of the people that stated that they purchased their vehicle for "hard core off roading and rock crawling". In comparison to what the majority of XOC members do, what I do is hard core off roading and rock crawling. In comparison to the type of vehicle represented in Ian's first photo, what I do is a Sunday drive in the park. I assumed that the survey meant in comparison with other XOC members or people that buy SUV's in general. I wanted a Jeep Wrangler that I could modify over the years until I couldn't drive it on the road anymore. My wife insisted on a SUV. I compromised. I'm much happier than I thought I would be. One last point; several 2WD owners have traded in for 4WD, has anyone gone the other way around?

Don't let them bother you Todrick, I enjoy using my winch. wink