The reason I've gathered why someone else always steps into the 2wd forum when anyone mentions anything about a 2wd being even remotely capable offroad is just to make sure that anyone who's thinking about getting a 2wd or just got one doesn't get misled and get their hopes up thinking that they have a decent offroad machine in their hands...
So why don't we just put some big fat disclaimer at the top of the forum saying that?
Then they'd have a good heads up knowing that they should avoid getting a 2wd if you want to do anything fairly difficult offroad. Then the 2wd people can live without having a 4wd coming in and "correcting" us about what we're discussing about offroading etc. Just an honest suggestion.
I KNOW my 2wd can't go many, many, many of the places a 4wd can, I've got that in my head... but I'd like to see how far it will go, because I know that for me, it is a decent offroad truck. My definition of "offroading" is different than someone from Colorado, or California, or New York.
I know I love my 2wd... sure, I honestly wish I had 4wd, but I don't... I'm still going to have fun and see what I CAN do. Learning experience. Just my little thought.