Bring good bug spray!! In June it will be daylight till almost 1:00 and then the sun will come back up around 4:00. Are you going to have a car or truck to explore or will you be be staying around Anchorage? If you've got time and a vehicle, Denali is about 4 hours north and definetly worth it. You're just about guranteed to see bears, moose, caribou. If you don't want to go all the way to the park, then Talkeetna is about 90 minutes north and has a great view of the mountain. Independence Mine in Hatcher Pass is about 45 miles North, and has great views and you can hike around the old mine. If you go south, Portage Glacier is about an hour drive. Girdwood is about 45 minutes south. That's where Alyeska Resort is. You can take the tram up to the top of the mountain for a great view and to hike around. 2 hours south is Seward. It's a cute litte town on the Bay. Near there is Exit Glacier, it's about a 30 minute drive from Seward and you can hike right up to the Glacier. If you like to hike there's tons of places around town. Flatop Mountain is right in town, you can drive up and have a great view of the city, Cook Inlet, and McKinley. And if you're up to it, you can hike to the top. We've got pictures up at our website here of places we've been. You can see some of our adventures. We've only been up here about a year and a half, so we're really looking forward to exploring this summer too. There a lot of stuff to see and do without spending money. Let me know what you're looking for and we can give you more ideas.