Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#642592 - 14/07/06 04:47 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

The best place to look would be on 300zx discussion boards. Or shearch google for "turbo VG33" but leave off "Xterra"

Probably around here you will just get a bunch of smart ass answers because there is a belief that by wanting a quicker, better handling Xterra is counter to its purpose. I dont really understand how having a slow shopping cart makes you cool, but thats what people believe.

I wouldnt do that personally. The X is quick enough for me, but that would be pretty cool if you got it to work. My friend turbo charged his jeep about a year ago- definately made it unique.

You can also bore it out and install Q45 pistons, which would make it a 3.4 liter with higher compression. Wouldnt give you as much as a good turbo, but Im just pointing out that there are quite a few things you can do to the engine. All they require is time, money and guts.

#642593 - 17/07/06 09:23 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

The world would be a better place if the name STS was never mentioned again. What a piece of shit. On the other hand, good luck on the turbo build. It won't be easy but it's nothing a little creativity, money, and welding skills can't handle.

Did you work for any shop in SA?

#642594 - 26/07/06 05:08 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
The turbo alone muffles the exhaust considerably already.
you should hear my car...

Quote:
Originally posted by BamaXman:
A turbo on an Xterra, might as well get the altezza tail lights and spinning hub caps while you're at it....oh, and don't forget your boost guage and bright neon blue underbody kit. Hell, might as well use NOS.
you are the single most moronic person i have read a post from in at least six months.

#642595 - 28/07/06 06:07 AM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

The answer to all your problems

#642596 - 28/07/06 06:23 AM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree that the X is not made for any more power than you can squueze out with some minor mods.

I mean you take a good turn with your 300+ hp and you are on your side......I would like to see those pics.......when it does happen.

#642597 - 28/07/06 06:32 AM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

STS = Shitty Turbo System....

Stay as far away as possible...

#642598 - 28/07/06 09:07 AM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

X-Quad I belive or it sounds like you know your stuff. No offense to others but I would do it post pic's maybe a vid and shut these pepole down. This site has helped me in so many ways I can not believe the crap you are getting it is sad. I know there is alot of pipe dreams on this site but once in a while somebody pulls it off. I say go for it prove them wrong!!!!! [Finger] Also I thought tell me if I am wrong this site is for help not bashing pepole!!

#642599 - 28/07/06 01:03 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

just trying to save time and money b/c its not worth it. i know i saw some pictures around here where somebody mocked on up with 2 intakes coming out of the hood or somethin. anybody know what im talkin about?

#642600 - 28/07/06 01:25 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

is this the one that you were thinking about?

turbo link

#642601 - 28/07/06 08:07 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

yep, thats the one.

#642602 - 28/07/06 11:15 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by chumpmann:

I mean you take a good turn with your 300+ hp and you are on your side......I would like to see those pics.......when it does happen.
yes, because since you have 300 hp, you dont have brakes any more. they just dont work.

#642603 - 29/07/06 07:17 AM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also, you realize that if you drive a stock Xterra into a corner too fast, it could roll over. Even the n/a model, do you understand that? Or does that go completely over your miniscule Cro-Magnon caveman brain?

FAST BAD!

#642604 - 29/07/06 08:03 AM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by tyrone biggums:
Also, you realize that if you drive a stock Xterra into a corner too fast, it could roll over. Even the n/a model, do you understand that? Or does that go completely over your miniscule Cro-Magnon caveman brain?

FAST BAD!

Ummmmmmmm...yeah we get it. There are several reasons that we suggest not Turbo Charging an X.
1) It's NOT A SPORTS CAR
2) It should not be driven like a sports car (see #1)
3) See #1
4) The vast majority of X owners are either: a) mall crawlers who could care less about more power or b) people that take their X off road for whatever reason: trail head access, camping, wheeling, desert running, etc...Most of these activities (except desert running where speeds/revs are high a good majority of the time) do not lend themselves to effective turbo use. But would be better off using a super charger.
5) Did I mention that the X is NOT A SPORTS CAR?

That is all

#642605 - 29/07/06 10:43 AM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

you know absolutely nothing about turbos, and you never will because you are closed minded. why did you mention the high rev thing? because you think you have to have high revs to spool a turbo? yet again you are wrong. unless you are trying to make a thousand horsepower with a turbo the size of your big stupid head, turbo lag can be avoided. my wifes car makes peak torque at 3500 rpms, with a turbocharger. my car has a large turbo and it is fully spooled by 4200. this is with a small 4 cylinder. with a bigger six, and a small to medium sized turbo, you could make torque with a turbo at very low rpms. turbo lag used to be a problem, but with todays technology, it is a thing of the past. this is all without the parasitic friction of a supercharger belt/pulley.

listen to and respect peoples ideas, and opinions. you aren't always going to be right. especially when there is a subject with no right or wrong answer.

my xterra is a sports car.

#642606 - 29/07/06 11:27 AM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
my xterra is a sports car.
No. It is not.

#642607 - 29/07/06 11:46 AM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
removed rear swaybar.
i know why you are worried about cornering.

#642608 - 29/07/06 12:04 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is what happens when people think that there truck is a sports car [url= [url=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d6259532-8f28-42b5-8f6e-f45a7208eafa.htm] [/url] Click here to see Video]link[/URL]

#642609 - 29/07/06 12:18 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
This is what happens when you have more suspension than horsepower. I for one would go faster. laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfB-RvmVaTU

#642610 - 29/07/06 12:22 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

i bet that jeep had a turbo, thats why it rolled over

#642611 - 29/07/06 12:40 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

no silly :rolleyes: . it rolled over because it's not a sportscar. it was never meant to be driven like one either.
smile

#642612 - 29/07/06 01:14 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tyrone, what people here are saying is that turbocharging an Xterra and thinking it's a race car is kinda like lifting a Corvette and putting mud tires on it.

Not like it hasn't been done to a Vette, but think about it for a second... different purposes for diff. vehicles.

You get the idea.

#642613 - 29/07/06 02:57 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

you know, lowering the vehicle will help reduce the chance of rollover.

might as well do all the XOC deadly sins and put 20" wheels on it too.

dont let these guys deter you. you just have to go out and do it, come back with pictures, and then listen to the crickets chirp. just dont expect much help from them. find a few performance forums and talk to them. youll get much better information.

#642614 - 03/08/06 06:20 PM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know this is a hair off topic, and possibly my first post on this board. However, have any of you even tried taking your Xterra to a local racetrack to see how it does? I took my 05 with literally 3000 miles on her. And a full tank of gas.

She ran a 15.632 @ 87.71mph. No lie. Thats pretty freaking quick for a street TRUCK. Now. I agree, My X, is not a sports car. I have another car that i tinker with, which is also not a sports car, but will be sure to hold it's own vs a vette and corner a hell of a lot better than my X.

I got news for you, this 4.0 DOHC motor in these trucks. Would be a huge victim for a turbo. I actually had the Greddy shop here interested in doing a single turbo (under hood) install. But, I won't ever come up with the money they want me to fork out. I'd LOVE To get more performance out of my truck, it's my daily driver. I already built myself an air intake, couldnt' see spending $200 bucks for the K&N kit, I used an K&N Filter, just my own welding and piping experience.

I've contemplated numerous things in order to achieve my need for rapid acceleration. First, find some type of throttle body i can install that isn't throttle by wire, Second, to install some type of Boost pressure, whether it be a directly mounted Vortech supercharger. Or a turbo done by myself (now that my other car is dependable again). If not, oh well. I've even, done the extreme and thought about taking the Titan 5.6 V8 motor, and bolting it up to the 6 speed manual trans since they share the same bellhousing and transmission according to Nissan. It'd be hella quick.

Anyway, enough jibber jabber.

#642615 - 15/08/06 09:01 AM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, first of all, the Xterra is not a STREET TRUCK...second of all, that is a good 1/4 time for a heavy off road SUV, but it's just not what these trucks are for. I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's kind of pointless to track an SUV...let alone add a turbo to it.

There's no place for that kind of stuff in the Xterra...well, at least not amongst a vast majority of this forum anyways.

If you guys with dreams of 300+ RWHP want that kind of thing, you should have just bought a Lightning or an SSR. That way, you could have your "truck" and eat imports too.

If you've never driven or ridden in a Lightning, let me tell you, there's nothing like the pure power of an MP112 supercharger pulling you forward and setting your hair on fire wink And the sound is incredible.

But damn...just wheel it or commute in it...if you're not going to wheel it or introduce it to dirt, mud, and rocks in its life, no one's going to give you shit for it...but if you want to drop turbos in it, and talk about getting Greddy parts, euro tails, 3" exhausts, and big Nissan stickers that cover the back window...you're in the wrong place. Just my view is all, take it or leave it.

#642616 - 21/08/06 04:14 AM Re: Turbo a 2001 Xterra V6
Anonymous
Unregistered

i left it

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal