Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#670483 - 20/01/07 03:31 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice win by Tech today, Nismo. 69-64 over Kansas. [ThumbsUp]

We've got Cal coming up tonight. Should handle them okay, but Braun has had Kent's number for quite awhile. Need the win because the next two weeks are all road games - at UW, WSU, UCLA, and USC. [Freak]

If we can split those 4 and get 2 wins I'm a happy Duck.

#670484 - 20/01/07 04:35 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Nice win by Tech today, Nismo. 69-64 over Kansas. [ThumbsUp]
Yeah, go figure. Lose to Baylor on the road and beat #5 Kansas at home. [Freak] We're definitely going to be good after this year, so anything we get out of this year's team is a bonus. This team reminds me of our Sweet 16 team from two years ago. [ThumbsUp]

#670485 - 20/01/07 09:47 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

18-1 [Smoking]

#670486 - 21/01/07 02:43 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

This:

Equals this:

[Smoking] and hopefully a Top 20 RPI ranking. [ThumbsUp]

#670487 - 24/01/07 07:16 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

#5 Gone!

#6 Gone!

Who else thinks they can come into our house and win?! laugh [ThumbsUp]

Well, besides UNLV. [Freak]

#670488 - 25/01/07 03:39 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
#5 Gone!

#6 Gone!

Who else thinks they can come into our house and win?! laugh [ThumbsUp]

Well, besides New Mexico. [Freak]
Nice win by the Techsters over the Ags... congrats to Knight and his boys...

Tech should help the Big 12 make quite a splash in the big dance come March...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/ncaa/01/24/texasam.texastech.ap/in dex.html

Quote:
Aggie coach Billy Gillispie said Knight is a great coach and his offense is a reflection of that.

"We haven't seen a motion offense as well organized," he said. "I mean it's the master offense and the master does a great job of doing it. It's disappointing because we lost and it's disappointing because they got so many foul shots and they made them."

Defending Tech was tough because "they're just constantly moving," Law said.

"That's a very difficult offense to defend," he said. "They made plays tonight and they made more than we did."

#670489 - 28/01/07 10:48 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Split on the Washington road trip, which is about as good as I could have hoped for (with Brooks not playing v. UW). 19-2, heading on another touch trip next week (UCLA and USC).

#670490 - 28/01/07 05:16 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Well, we lost two guys to injury that didn't get to play in yesterday's game. That basically brought our team back to what they were last year which is basically crap. Those two plus our 7-footer that the OU guy knocked out for the season with a cheap shot to his eye in the first game of the Big XII play and we suck again. mad Hopefully, we'll get our two that didn't play yesterday back before we play Texas and at Oklahoma so we can continue our tear in the Big XII. [ThumbsUp]

#670491 - 28/01/07 07:12 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

The trees just beat the bruins.

Oregon is now alone at #1 in the Pac-10, arguably the toughest conference in the country this year. Nice. [Smoking]

Pauly's gonna be tough on Thursday. [Uh Oh !]

#670492 - 12/02/07 04:03 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

All alone at the top of the Big 12...

Sweet.

#670493 - 13/02/07 08:17 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
All alone at the top of the Big 12...
Well, take us out of the Big XII and maybe ya'll would go undefeated. laugh

Sorry, looks like we may have just helped Kansas win another Big XII title. [Geek]

#670494 - 16/02/07 07:34 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn - Oregon lost another close one last night. We're really fading in the second half of the season. Furd will be tough on Saturday with 14 feet of those damn freshman twins to deal with.

Our seeding is slipping. I can't help but think that if this slide continues, the coach may be out at the end of the season. The only reason he's still here is the old AD and him were buddies, but now with the new AD in town...

Mark Few?
Mike Montgomery?

#670495 - 20/02/07 08:05 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]All alone at the top of the Big 12...
Well, take us out of the Big XII and maybe ya'll would go undefeated. laugh

Sorry, looks like we may have just helped Kansas win another Big XII title. [Geek]

[/b]
No kidding... Kansas now leads the Big 12 over TAMU by half a game...
mad

#670496 - 20/02/07 08:10 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
]No kidding... Kansas now leads the Big 12 over TAMU by half a game...
mad
Yeah, but that 1/2 game doesn't really matter. If you continue to go undefeated against the rest of the Big XII, ya'll will win. Only problem is, A&M still has to go to Oklahoma St. and Durant... I mean Austin. Kansas's only tough game left is at Oklahoma. As for us, tonight should hopefully be our last loss. It better be if we want to go dancing.

#670497 - 24/02/07 06:02 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Oh please give us a win over Baylor and Iowa St. this week so I can breathe better during the Big XII tournament. These close games are literally killing knocking years off my life. At least the UT game was a painless loss. Not only was it expected, but it was over the minute Durant stepped on the court.

#670498 - 24/02/07 11:15 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]]No kidding... Kansas now leads the Big 12 over TAMU by half a game...
mad
Yeah, but that 1/2 game doesn't really matter. If you continue to go undefeated against the rest of the Big XII, ya'll will win. Only problem is, A&M still has to go to Oklahoma St. and Durant... I mean Austin. Kansas's only tough game left is at Oklahoma. As for us, tonight should hopefully be our last loss. It better be if we want to go dancing.[/b]
so you're saying Texas is a tough game for A&M but not for Kansas? [Freak] :p (I know, I know, I'm just bustin' yer balls)

If Texas wins out, which is highly unlikely, they would be the conference champion (regular season). I had to go look it up because I know nothing about basketball and their tie breakers. It takes 3 layers to finally pick a winner:

Quote:

(a) If two teams are tied and they are from different divisions, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the higher seed. N/A
(b) If two teams are tied and they are from the same division, the team with an advantage in head-to-head competition shall be the higher seed.
Series would be tied 1-1
(c) If two teams remain tied, there will be a comparison of overall record against division teams only (10 divisional games).
Texas takes it here. A&M would have 3 losses to "division" teams
(d) If two teams remain tied, there will be a comparison of record against the highest ranked team(s) (based upon Conference winning percentage) in the division and proceeding through in order of divisional record.
(e) If two teams remain tied, there will be a *comparison of record against the highest ranked team(s) (based upon Conference winning percentage) in the opposite division and proceeding through in order of divisional record.
(f) If two teams remain tied, the higher seed will be chosen by draw.

#670499 - 25/02/07 07:19 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
It better be if we want to go dancing.
so you're saying Texas is a tough game for A&M but not for Kansas? [Freak] :p (I know, I know, I'm just bustin' yer balls)[/QB][/QUOTE]
I don't know if you're saying that knowing I missed that, but yeah... I totally missed that. I thought they played already for some reason. :freak
Quote:

If Texas wins out, which is highly unlikely, they would be the conference champion (regular season). I had to go look it up because I know nothing about basketball and their tie breakers. It takes 3 layers to finally pick a winner:
Not highly unlikely. There's an excellent chance they win out. It's too bad the Kansas game is in Lawerence though. But hey, A&M won there this year (the first time a Big XII South team won there) so anything is possible now... especially with Durant.

#670500 - 25/02/07 09:36 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, here's my Pac-10 update.

Oregon swept the Washington schools this weekend. I didn't expect that cause WSU is damn good this year and UW is a bad matchup for us. I guess it's pretty much a question of seeding now, as we've beaten 3 top 10 teams, including UCLA when they were #1 and Georgetown at their place, and I believe they're leading the big east now. WSU was #9 when we beat them on Thursday, and they should make some serious noise in the dance.

Gettin' closer to March, and this'll be my first time watching the dance in HD. [drink]

#670501 - 25/02/07 11:07 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
...as we've beaten 3 top 10 teams...
Not many schools can claim that, but our two schools can. laugh
Quote:
Gettin' closer to March, and this'll be my first time watching the dance in HD. [drink]
Bastard! [Finger] [Wave]

#670502 - 25/02/07 03:12 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]...as we've beaten 3 top 10 teams...
Not many schools can claim that, but our two schools can. laugh [/b]
Which is cool because it means we have dangerous teams, but it also means we have consistency problems. But then again the only team I feel really bad about losing to this year so far is Cal. All of our other losses were to good teams.

Will Tech get into the dance? At 18-11 and .500 in the Big 12 you seem like a bubble team, but the three top 10 teams on your belt make a pretty strong case. I assume you've got a conference tourney at the end of the year like the Pac 10 does? That could help add some wins.

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Gettin' closer to March, and this'll be my first time watching the dance in HD. [drink]
Bastard! [Finger] [Wave] [/b]
I'm stoked. 55" of glorious Sony SXRD 1080p technology. laugh

#670503 - 25/02/07 04:18 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Will Tech get into the dance? At 18-11 and .500 in the Big 12 you seem like a bubble team, but the three top 10 teams on your belt make a pretty strong case. I assume you've got a conference tourney at the end of the year like the Pac 10 does? That could help add some wins.
We're defintely a bubble team, but in great position. We only finish with Baylor and @ Iowa St. However, Baylor already beat us at their place (one of our close "bad" losses) and Iowa St. took Kansas to OT when they played them at home. Definitely not a gimme, but I'd rather finish with them instead of the bigger schools. Not only that, but we've got a great resume. 3-0 vs. Top 10 teams, SOS of 11 and an RPI in the 40's. We could still get in with a .500 conference record, but I'm praying it does come to that as seen in my previous post.
Quote:
I'm stoked. 55" of glorious Sony SXRD 1080p technology. laugh
So you went the 1080p route, huh? How come? I'm currently saving up right now. The Mrs. won't like me buy one and make payments (even at 0% interest), so I have to save up on my own to purchase it out right. frown The good news is I should have one by the time college football starts back up. smile

#670504 - 25/02/07 04:49 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
So you went the 1080p route, huh? How come? I'm currently saving up right now. The Mrs. won't like me buy one and make payments (even at 0% interest), so I have to save up on my own to purchase it out right. frown The good news is I should have one by the time college football starts back up. smile
You're probably better off buying outright anyway - at least that's my policy with these kinds of items. Why 1080p? Basically I decided that I could get a bigger screen out of a rear projection set rather than a plasma (LCDs were out because they're terrible at fast moving things like sports, which is obviously priority #1 for me), so my choice ultimately came down to a Sammy 56" DLP or a Sony 55" SXRD. The Sony looked a bit better to my eyes so I coughed up an extra couple hundred for it. I went 1080p for a couple of reasons. First is that Sony's LCOS sets only come in 1080p, so I really had no choice. But I would have gone 1080p even on the Sammy because the 1080p sets have far superior image processing and black level capabilities compared to their 720p RP cousins. So even if I didn't need the extra resolution, I'd still get far better picture quality.

avsforum.com is a great place for researching this stuff as you get closer to buying. Once I get my stand and everything else set up I'll probably post a pic or two of the setup. I'm like a proud father. [ThumbsUp]

#670505 - 28/02/07 10:30 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, as much as I hate it, I have to give it to the Ags, they are pretty good this year. Acie Law is flat out amazing. Pretty fun game to watch as someone who isn't really a basketball fan.

but oh yeah...Hook 'em Horns

[LOL] [drink]

#670506 - 28/02/07 10:36 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go Bucks!

#670507 - 01/03/07 06:50 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
Well, as much as I hate it, I have to give it to the Ags, they are pretty good this year. Acie Law is flat out amazing. Pretty fun game to watch as someone who isn't really a basketball fan.

but oh yeah...Hook 'em Horns

[LOL] [drink]
That was a sweet game! [ThumbsUp] I'm glad and Law AND Durant will be gone next year. [Smoking]

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal