Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95961 - 15/12/04 01:04 AM Re: Xterra water forging
Anonymous
Unregistered

I remember forging through a puddle that was like 2 ft deep and like 20 ft long, and regret ever doing it. being the idiot kid i am, water got through my cold-air intake, and the next thing i know, i come out of the puddle, not hearing the supercharger, and having it not rev any higher than 2 grand. luckily i only made myself look like a partial dipshit, and farted around with it for 30 minutes, realizing all i had to do was turn the car off, and back on again, and PRESTO!, i guess i got lucky. But no more water forging for me, for awhile.

#95962 - 16/12/04 03:04 PM Re: Xterra water forging
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, i did that a couple times, then the big shebang, 2nd and 3rd rod ( i believe ) were abt as crooked as michael jackson and elton john's kid would be wink thankfully, ins covered it

#95963 - 18/12/04 04:04 AM Re: Xterra water forging
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraNut808:
I remember forging through a puddle that was like 2 ft deep and like 20 ft long, and regret ever doing it. being the idiot kid i am, water got through my cold-air intake, and the next thing i know, i come out of the puddle, not hearing the supercharger, and having it not rev any higher than 2 grand. luckily i only made myself look like a partial dipshit, and farted around with it for 30 minutes, realizing all i had to do was turn the car off, and back on again, and PRESTO!, i guess i got lucky. But no more water forging for me, for awhile.
I did the same thing but not in that deep of water. Here on one of the main streets in Norfolk if it rains hard and fast enough it causes the street to flood. In a couple of spots the water floods out the 2 left lanes. Well I went through one and water hit the MAF sensor and it was just mist at that. I came out of the puddle and had the same exact thing happen as you did.

I shut her down, turned the truck back on and that was it. The only thing is that my SES light was on. I hooked up my OBDII Scanner found out the problenm and reset the computer. No problems since then thankfully. I was upset about the whole thing but like you I was the only one to blame!

#95964 - 18/12/04 04:18 AM Re: Xterra water forging
Anonymous
Unregistered

Which scanner do you have Dan? I've been contemplating getting a scanner for personal use.

I'd love to get a laptop. Then use it as a GPS, a scanner and even an offroad camera (using a webcam on the front of the X to see where my tires are). But am not too familiar with aftermarket scanners.

#95965 - 19/12/04 07:05 AM Re: Xterra water forging
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
Which scanner do you have Dan? I've been contemplating getting a scanner for personal use.

I'd love to get a laptop. Then use it as a GPS, a scanner and even an offroad camera (using a webcam on the front of the X to see where my tires are). But am not too familiar with aftermarket scanners.
I know I'm not Dan, but this is the one I'm using. It's worked well so far.

Diag

-Doug

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal