Hi all, i was going to post this on the sale thread but i thought this might get me better results.

Since were trying to stop having car payments for a while i dont want another car loan. I let my wife talk me into a 4x2 when i first purchased my xterra and now that i have an opertunity for a 4x4 i dont want to pass it up. I have ALWAYS enjoyed the outdoors, be it camping, beach, anything really.

It seems the way for me to get one [4x4] without putting any more money out of pocket is to step back to a year earlier, say a '01 xterra 4x4.

Im trying to look at this from all angles, yes its a year older, no warranty, offroading will cause additional wear and tear, no real assurance of it being mechanically "sound". On the other side, its something ive wanted for a long time; since i bought my 4x2 actually. I have put alot of stress on my 4x2 trying to keep up with a 4x4. I beleive that the couple issues i have had with my 4x2 would not have happened with a 4x4.

1. In conclusion, would this be a viable option?

2. How have your '01 xterra/frontiers been?

3. Have any of you bought a '01 used?

4. How has it performed?

I know this is allot of rambling, but i would like your input and i want to make an educated decision. Please post any other info which may help my decision. The trade in value of my '02 4x2 is roughly $8495 on the KBB with a "good" condition.

Thanks!

[Wave]