Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28334 - 20/01/05 05:18 PM Well, I guess the winch works
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
It all started with a simple job. I had to sit in the passenger seat of a humvee while we took it out to some guys doing some training and then come back in another guy's pickup. Well, the driver was a bit inexperienced, ignored my suggestions, high centered the front end and buried the back end. We tried everything - couldn't even turn the wheels - the rut was too deep. Went back and got the X. I wasn't too happy - had just waxed it on New Years day. Extended the winch cable to the max and was still short. Drove a bit deeper into the mud and hooked up a strap between the end of the cable and the humvee. Started winching and watched as the X slowly slid forward. Decided to park the ARB against a tree, using a humvee seat for padding. Hooked everything back up and started winching. Humvee started backing up slowly. Driver realized he had the parking brake on - no idea why, the humvee wasn't going anywhere on its own - and released it. Humvee came loose and glided back to more solid ground. The X has now gained more respect. Sorry, no pics - we weren't exactly having fun.

#28335 - 20/01/05 05:22 PM Re: Well, I guess the winch works
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Now that is impressive winching a Humvee out!! [ThumbsUp]

Dan

#28336 - 20/01/05 09:01 PM Re: Well, I guess the winch works
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Excelagator:
Now that is impressive winching a Humvee out!! [ThumbsUp]

Dan
Eh, I winched an elephant out once. Not too impressed with a little ol' Humvee! wink

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal