Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#628333 - 23/02/05 06:46 PM New Laptop Battery
Anonymous
Unregistered

My battery has gone to shit. I have put off getting a new one for long enough now. Anyone have an online retailer they would suggest?

#628334 - 23/02/05 08:19 PM Re: New Laptop Battery
Anonymous
Unregistered

outpost.com....(fry's electronics)

the batteries are expensive mine was $100....Im sure there are other sites with deals...I once found a few much needed Laptop parts at a goodwill computer center....

#628335 - 24/02/05 06:02 AM Re: New Laptop Battery
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Did you try e-bay? I just got at $120 Compaq power supply for $40. I was surprised I found it there.

#628336 - 24/02/05 10:38 AM Re: New Laptop Battery
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
I'd be wary of e-bay for laptop batteries. They do have a limited shelf life and I'd never by a used or reconditioned battery. You might end up with one that has the same problem you have now. Have you tried your laptop manufacturer? It would be pricier, but at least it would be new. There are also places that make new batteries for old laptops. I think this is the place we bought some replacements for a couple laptops at work: http://www.laptopbattery.net/

#628337 - 24/02/05 11:52 AM Re: New Laptop Battery
Anonymous
Unregistered

I purchased batteries from porta tech after the original batteries crapped out on mine. Very reasonable and I had the replacement packs 2 days after I ordered. So far the packs are holding up great and are performing as well or better than the original packs. Portatech Batteries

#628338 - 25/02/05 02:53 PM Re: New Laptop Battery
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Aero Steve:
I'd be wary of e-bay for laptop batteries. They do have a limited shelf life and I'd never by a used or reconditioned battery. You might end up with one that has the same problem you have now. Have you tried your laptop manufacturer? It would be pricier, but at least it would be new. There are also places that make new batteries for old laptops. I think this is the place we bought some replacements for a couple laptops at work: http://www.laptopbattery.net/
You do know you can get new stuff on e-bay, right? Careful is one thing. Overpaying for something you might not have to is just plain dumb. As with anything on ebay, be careful. If it's a new battery, who cares if you got it from ebay or the manufacturer?

#628339 - 22/03/05 03:37 PM Re: New Laptop Battery
Anonymous
Unregistered

try www.batteriesplus.com

there may be a store near you.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal