Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25483 - 07/07/05 11:16 AM Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

at oncoming Xterras?

An old habit from my Porsche 356 days in the 60s and 70s when it

was impolite not to flash.

I've never had an Xterra flash back, however.

No Porsches either.

#25484 - 07/07/05 11:20 AM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've always felt blinking headlights was done to get the drivers attention to alert them of something. you know, cop up ahead looking for speeders or "hey dumby, it's night and you don't have your lights on!". smile

#25485 - 07/07/05 11:35 AM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used to do it in my '69 VW Beetle, and most people would do it back. Like your Porshe, there was a sense of uniqueness to that car that drivers recognized.

The Xterra is unique in terms of being readily visible on the road, but most people that drive it probably won't view it the same as the situation with your Porshe. I find that people in Xterras usually don't even *look* my at me in my '05, let alone flash lights.

#25486 - 07/07/05 11:36 AM Re: Do you blink your headlights
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
No, I don't. Too bright here as it is. laugh

#25487 - 07/07/05 12:06 PM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

I usually go for a nod or a wave. There are so many different things flashing lights mean, it's safer. But I always acknolwedge a fellow X'er.

#25488 - 07/07/05 01:50 PM Re: Do you blink your headlights
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
The real trick is to "wink" your Xterra headlamps. I know the older ones would do it, not sure if the newer ones will or not.

If you just barely pull back on the highbeam lever it will turn only one on and not both, takes true talent.

Good luck.

#25489 - 07/07/05 02:14 PM Re: Do you blink your headlights
sandmanX Offline

Loc: Ridgecrest California
Yes.

#25490 - 07/07/05 02:18 PM Re: Do you blink your headlights
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
My 2001 winks the pass side light if I pull very lightly on the stalk, just pass the first detent.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#25491 - 07/07/05 02:46 PM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, there's a lot of Xterra's driving around denver. I might as well just keep my hand on the lights the whole time.

#25492 - 07/07/05 06:08 PM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

I always try to nod or acknowledge other Xers but have yet to have any acknowledge me back... pretty much every one I see is driven by a soccer mom who, I suppose, doesn't care that she is driving an XTerra so long as she can cram 4 kids into it.

I also ALWAYS go out of my way to let XTerra drivers in on the highway and have noticed that others do the same. Anyone else noticed this?

#25493 - 07/07/05 06:21 PM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

i would but the other few xer's around here are mostly all stock and appear to be the soccer mom sort, i give a wave to someone if they have mods.

#25494 - 07/07/05 06:35 PM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Hypancistrus:
I always try to nod or acknowledge other Xers but have yet to have any acknowledge me back... pretty much every one I see is driven by a soccer mom who, I suppose, doesn't care that she is driving an XTerra so long as she can cram 4 kids into it.
Ditto

#25495 - 07/07/05 06:50 PM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like the wave idea, i'll stop doing that. If I have a passenger, I always get excited and point out "Hey, it's another X!" and then they think I'm a dork. Ok, I am, but still. smile

I not only go out of my way for other Xs, but generally all Nissans as well. Soccer mom or not. smile

#25496 - 08/07/05 06:49 AM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by evanbio:
I like the wave idea, i'll stop doing that. If I have a passenger, I always get excited and point out "Hey, it's another X!" and then they think I'm a dork. Ok, I am, but still. smile

Heh...my girlfriend used to shake her head at me when I did that...now she does it too. I guess she finally "gets it".

#25497 - 08/07/05 07:05 AM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'll give a holler at another X that's modded; just the other day i saw an X with a lift and we pulled off the road and chatted. That's ok. And occassionally, another Solar Yellow will give me a wave if i catch them staring, which is frequent enough.

But usually, around here, its all soccer moms, and daddy's little girls who got a bright shiny "car" for graduation...beetches mad

#25498 - 08/07/05 07:06 AM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

You risk damage to your X and anyone in it if you flash your brights here in NY. [Too much XOC]

#25499 - 08/07/05 07:07 AM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by evanbio:
If I have a passenger, I always get excited and point out "Hey, it's another X!" and then they think I'm a dork.
Haha thats so funny, i do the same thing!
Hi my name is Nancy.... and I'm an Xterra addict...

I try to wave at other X's. I am guilty one time of not waving back, though. after i realized they waved, it was too late. So if you were in a green X in lancaster with a MD license plate, Sorry!
Whew, no more sleepless nights [Too much XOC]

#25500 - 08/07/05 07:12 AM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

If they have mods or look like they use their truck, I'll try a wave. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There seems like there is a strong push to get the Xterra community going (certainly Nissan is pushing hard!) but we aren't anywhere near Jeep status yet.

Mostly it has to do with whose buying the trucks. While Wrangler and Rubicon folks wave, Grand Cherokee and Liberty folks don't. Those vehicles are decent off-road rigs stock, but the people buying them are not. They are buying the image and capability - hence, the soccer mom approach to waves.

Same, same with the X.

#25501 - 08/07/05 08:06 AM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Nancycpt_21:
Hi my name is Nancy.... and I'm an Xterra addict...[/QB]
Welcome. [Wave]

#25502 - 10/07/05 09:27 PM Re: Do you blink your headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

there are mad x's everywhere here in rock hill and in charlotte and no one ever waves or bats an eye my direction. although the 5 years i have lived here i have only seen a hand full that have mods.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal