Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 190 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#5547 - 29/11/04 08:46 AM What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just wondering...

Right now I have sunglasses hanging by one arm from them...not sure what else might work better.

Thanks.

#5548 - 29/11/04 09:34 AM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
pdanko Offline

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
If I didn't have a K-Tag, I'd probably use it for turnpike (toll road) tickets. It is too small for much more than that.

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." -Voltaire

#5549 - 29/11/04 10:14 AM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
I take it you are talking about the OEM Ceiling Nets that the 03-04's have right and not the Raingler ones...if so, I have Sunglasses,little bottles of hand sanitizers, Kleenix, packets of Gum and some small reciepts...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#5550 - 29/11/04 10:47 AM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That net is so tiny, it can't be used for much. I have a pack of gum, a pen, and small note pad of paper in the net now.

#5551 - 29/11/04 10:48 AM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My military id is there. It is much faster to have it there than digging through my wallet everytime i have to go through a gate. And my mailbox key. That way I can keep the X running while I get the mail.

Is it just me or is having that thing pointless?

#5552 - 29/11/04 10:56 AM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowX57:

...Is it just me or is having that thing pointless?..
Well, it's just an extra place to put some of your "Small Shit" that you wouldn't put somewhere else...

#5553 - 29/11/04 11:07 AM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My work id and parking hang tag are there. Makes it easy so I don't have to search for it each morning.

#5554 - 29/11/04 05:55 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I keep my YMCA ID there. I am afraid of putting to much in there and then have the netting all streched out. [Uh Oh !]

#5555 - 29/11/04 06:30 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
Parking stubs, recent gas receipts, parking passes, my cell phone earpiece, and copies of all the receipts for every product I've ever bought for the Xterra.

I'm just finding excuses to use it, I know smile .

#5556 - 29/11/04 06:49 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

emergency happy meal cash, entrance pass for the lake, tissues.

#5557 - 29/11/04 07:22 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I put my spare change in there, and I'll be damned if I don't keep finding more on the floor! [Laughing]

#5558 - 29/11/04 08:26 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My garage door opener, it does not have a clip, so the net worked out pretty good.

#5559 - 30/11/04 08:28 AM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I put my Texas State Park Pass in mine. I don't think much more would fit in it anyway. That netting is pretty tight. Glad its there though.

#5560 - 01/08/05 10:43 AM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Chromehead:
My garage door opener, it does not have a clip, so the net worked out pretty good.
I just figured this out too; the little remote slips in there and nearly disappears but is easy to trigger through the netting. Recently there have been break ins around here where first the garage door opener is stolen from the car and later this house is hit and it's been suggested to hide the opener. I think it's fairly well hidden up there.

#5561 - 01/08/05 11:02 AM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

can someone post a pic of what it looks like in a vehicle. Obviously mine doesnt have it because I have no idea what you all are talking about

#5562 - 01/08/05 04:10 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rickster43:
Quote:
Originally posted by YellowX57:
[b]
...Is it just me or is having that thing pointless?..
Well, it's just an extra place to put some of your "Small Shit" that you wouldn't put somewhere else...[/b]
[Crybaby] I wish I had one.

#5563 - 01/08/05 04:21 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I usually clip my cell up there, and a small flybox, just in case...

#5564 - 01/08/05 06:39 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I'm sure it weighs more than 8oz. but my husband keeps his hand held ham radio in that little net. We usually have a pair of sunglasses hanging on it too.
Quote:
Jclaseman asked, Can someone post a pic of what it looks like in a vehicle. Obviously mine doesnt have it because I have no idea what you all are talking about
[img]http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41c0917dz702870f5/mail/__sr_/daac.jpg?phpDt7CBwhCvzn7Y[/img] [Wave]

#5565 - 01/08/05 06:53 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Rickster43 Offline

Yeah...those little cieling nets are pretty cool...I utilize mine pretty much...I just wished they would have designed it little bit bigger, say maybe the size of a Sunroof...

#5566 - 02/08/05 07:01 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My garage door opener kept sliding off the sunvisors so I clipped it to the net. I also keep CDs in there. And I agree bigger would be nicer (or at least a looser net).

#5567 - 02/08/05 07:38 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Freak] I don't know what net you people are talking about, someone post a picture [Freak] [Huh?] confused

#5568 - 02/08/05 08:44 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jef2424:
[Freak] I don't know what net you people are talking about, someone post a picture [Freak] [Huh?] confused
Duhh...look above !!! [Freak]

#5569 - 02/08/05 09:02 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b] [Freak] I don't know what net you people are talking about, someone post a picture [Freak] [Huh?] confused
Duhh...look above !!! [Freak] [/b]
Duhh, the picture isn't working

#5570 - 02/08/05 09:28 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] [Freak] I don't know what net you people are talking about, someone post a picture [Freak] [Huh?] confused
Duhh...look above !!! [Freak] [/b]
Duhh, the picture isn't working[/b]
right-click on the red x and pick show picture...it should work...

#5571 - 02/08/05 09:34 PM Re: What do you use your ceiling net for (if you have one)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry guys, I posted a picture for Jclaseman yesterday and it was here earlier today, but since I don't know what happened to it click on the link below. Picture of that little net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal