Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#575680 - 14/08/05 06:06 PM New Owner - Just got it home and this sucks
Anonymous
Unregistered

2 hours after getting it home I was wiping the X down after a gentle rain to get the water spots off and low and behold I saw something I didn't see two hours ago when I did my final once over at the dealership................. The front of the hood in the right light shows a palm sized indentation barely perceptable when not looking for it, but now that I know its there ack!!!!! I can't keep my eyes off it now when I look at it.... I just feel sick..... And what really torques me is that last week when I was picking it out (I had to leave town for a few days while I worked out the details) I'm almost sure there was no dent. But the terrible thing is that when I opened the hood, thinking maybe it could be popped out. I saw that someone had already tried, one of the holes where you attach a wind deflector, right underneath the dent, I saw that the hole was all chewed up, as iff someone had used a tool already. Someone at Nissan (factory, original dealer, or current dealer) tried to fix it, did an OK job as an attempt, but dammit its a new truck, it shouldn't have any dents, and how an I going to installa wind deflector with one hole all chewed up........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this sucks and by the way I also feel like and idiot.

And I'm sure the dealer isn't going to do jack about it.

#575681 - 14/08/05 06:43 PM Re: New Owner - Just got it home and this sucks
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh man that sucks but welcome aboard hope you can get it taken care of! [Spit]

#575682 - 15/08/05 12:01 AM Re: New Owner - Just got it home and this sucks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome. Take it back and see what options are available.Let us know..good luck! cool

#575683 - 15/08/05 05:08 AM Re: New Owner - Just got it home and this sucks
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I picked mine up it had a big door ding and a long scratch across the rear hatch. The dealer had it repaired. You can't even see it. Hopefully your dealer will take care of it for you.

#575684 - 15/08/05 05:53 AM Re: New Owner - Just got it home and this sucks
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Bios:
Welcome. Take it back and see what options are available.Let us know..good luck! cool
go back to the Dealer, and maybe you can get some Nissan Accessories for your troubles...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#575685 - 15/08/05 04:52 PM Re: New Owner - Just got it home and this sucks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yahoo!!! They are replacing the hood n/c. All is well and right with the world.......

#575686 - 16/08/05 10:37 AM Re: New Owner - Just got it home and this sucks
Anonymous
Unregistered

i was wandering if that should have been covered by the bumper to bumper warranty since its brand new

#575687 - 17/08/05 06:30 AM Re: New Owner - Just got it home and this sucks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool. I have an object between the paint and the clearcoat on my roof. I am just waiting for Nissan to give the greenlight for my dealer to fix it.

I also just noticed my hatch isn't perfectly aligned. I have more space between the taillight and the rear hatch on the drivers side than the passenger side.

#575688 - 17/08/05 05:24 PM Re: New Owner - Just got it home and this sucks
GreenXandBam Offline

Loc: Norwich, CT
A buddy of mine works for Dent Wizard. It is a paintless dent removal company. His biggest clients are dealerships. I actually bumped into him during my "negotiations". Hope it all works out for ya!!!

#575689 - 18/08/05 11:06 AM Re: New Owner - Just got it home and this sucks
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Welcome and glad your dent was fixed.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal