Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#27963 - 19/08/05 09:08 AM Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you guys/gals check to make sure everyone in your X (or whatever ride) fastens their seatbelt or is that just me? I feel like a seatbelt nazi sometimes cuz I bitxh-slap my friends (especially the ones in the back seat) about it all the time... is the stadium seating that exciting that you forget to buckle-up?

#27964 - 19/08/05 09:18 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn right I do. Firstly I don't want the $200 (per passenger) fine if the fuzz stop me with any unfastened passengers.

Secondly I don't want a body nailing me at 50mph if I was to get into an accident. Not good for them or me.

My wifes step father refused to belt up, so I refused to drive anywhere until he did! lol. Being just as stuborn as me he decided not to go smile

#27965 - 19/08/05 09:32 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yup. Always. I spent 20 years in the military and they ENFORCE it on base (in a LOT of ways if you catch my drift!). So I've always been in the habit of wearing them and so has my family.

-G-

#27966 - 19/08/05 09:39 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
I also refuse to ride bikes with anyone that does not wear a helmet smile

Guess I'm a bicycle "Nazi".... and proud of it!

#27967 - 19/08/05 09:41 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

right here with you !

#27968 - 19/08/05 09:41 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Funny, because I also make everyone buckle up, mostly for my safety.

The whole helmet argument though, I don't know. I don't wear them, but It's also not against the law, Yet.

#27969 - 19/08/05 10:09 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Damn right I do. Firstly I don't want the $200 (per passenger) fine if the fuzz stop me with any unfastened passengers.

Secondly I don't want a body nailing me at 50mph if I was to get into an accident. Not good for them or me.

My wifes step father refused to belt up, so I refused to drive anywhere until he did! lol. Being just as stuborn as me he decided not to go smile
Hm - didn't know they could fine the driver for stuff the passengers did.

Along the same lines, I've always wondered if I could get in trouble as a passenger when my psycho friend is street racing etc.

Back on topic, tho... I'm not a nazi about others wearing it - though I certainly wouldn't blame anybody for being that way - and I ALWAYS wear my own.

#27970 - 19/08/05 10:44 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

yup, i always yell at my passengers because they never buckle up in the back, my truck, my rules...dont like it? walk [Finger]

#27971 - 19/08/05 10:45 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
poe67 Offline

Loc: Bar Harbor, ME
Yeah, but after 10 years of working in the medical field as an EMT, I've seen people killed with seatbelts/helmets on and off. I ask that the people were their belts. I don't force them to.

Joe

#27972 - 19/08/05 11:09 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraintx:
I also refuse to ride bikes with anyone that does not wear a helmet smile

Guess I'm a bicycle "Nazi".... and proud of it!
Ditto [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#27973 - 19/08/05 11:37 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only time I enforce a seatbelt law in my truck, is when I'm offroad. 'Cause I don't want them falling out of their seat, and onto me.

The rest of the time, I don't say anything. It's their ass if there's a crash; not mine. Not my place to boss people around. And in KY, the seatbelt law applies to each person; driver doesn't get fined, the individual w/o the belt gets fined. So it's still not my problem. I buckle up, because I choose to; anybody else has their own choice to make.

Same goes for the motorcycle... I wear a helmet abot 90% of the time, 'cause I choose to. But if somebody else doesn't want to, it's their problem, not mine. You're almost as likely to die in a motorcycle crash with or without a helmet, so to me, there's not a whole lotta' difference in it. As a friend of mine once said, "I don't wear a helmet, 'cause I don't want my head to be the only thing that survives..." (anybody wants to debate this opinion... bring it on. This is a common arguement over on motorcycle.com... All I gotta' do is cut & paste my arguements from over there...)

#27974 - 19/08/05 11:48 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here in AZ I believe it is the driver that gets fined if passengers aren't wearing. I could be wrong tho. Either way, if they are in my X they are wearing a seatbelt. It's been law in the UK for so many years now tho that I just grew up having to wear a seatbelt. I'm not comfortable being in the car if I don't wear it. If I drive the 1/2 mile to my local Safeway on residential streets I still wear the thing.

#27975 - 19/08/05 11:52 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
The rest of the time, I don't say anything. It's their ass if there's a crash; not mine.
How about when one of your unbelted passengers flys into you like a 150lb projectile in a crash and kills you?

That is the point the "for MY safety" people were trying to make earlier.

#27976 - 19/08/05 12:32 PM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seatbelts always. I was in a head on with my brother when I was a teenager. We had our belts on thank God!

#27977 - 19/08/05 02:09 PM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]The rest of the time, I don't say anything. It's their ass if there's a crash; not mine.
How about when one of your unbelted passengers flys into you like a 150lb projectile in a crash and kills you?

That is the point the "for MY safety" people were trying to make earlier.[/b]
I remember seeing a commmercial a year or so ago (in Europe i think) re-enacting a crash... 4 people in the car (3 w/ seatbelts on, 1 without). The commercial showed the accident happening in slow-mo... the guy w/o the seatbelt flew around, bashing the shyet out of the other passengers who wore their seatbelts (who apparently should have survived were it not for the guy who didn't buckle-up) as the vehicle was struck and flipped over-n-over.

#27978 - 19/08/05 04:03 PM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PowrdByX:
is the stadium seating that exciting that you forget to buckle-up?
i think so, everyone that rides in the back of my X thinks the stadium seating is like some amazing invention. they get side tracked by it. but here in SC the law is pretty strict about wearing seat belts. they pretty much scare the shit out of everyone so its not a huge problem with people not wearing their seatbelt.

#27979 - 20/08/05 01:49 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hell yeah! My rule is wear or walk.

#27980 - 20/08/05 05:24 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes, I'm a seatbelt Nazi and a helmet Nazi; especially when kids are involved. I'm also a headlight Nazi and a signal Nazi. Basically, I'm a Nazi! [Wave]

#27981 - 29/08/05 05:58 PM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

In Wasington State, the driver is responsible for seeing that all children under the age of 16 are properly secured. Passengers 16 years of age and older are responsible for themselves and may receive their own ticket if they are not
properly restrained.

#27982 - 30/08/05 07:23 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another point.

In some states you can't be stopped just for seat belt non-comliance. In Michigan you can and the DRIVER gets the ticket. They figure it's the drivers job to make sure everyone is wearing them. He/She is the one that is supposed to be in control of the vehicle.

RayNut, I'd like to hear the logic in giving a passenger a ticket for non-compliance. You don't have to have a license to be a passenger, so how can you get a violation against a license for something you're not even licensed to do (and yes it counts AGAINST your license)? confused

#27983 - 30/08/05 09:32 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not really a nazi about it but I prefer that people wear them. I flipped a Tahoe end over end 4 or 5 times a few years ago and the seatbelt was the only thing that kept me alive.

When I had my motorcycle I would not pull out of the driveway without a helmet. To each his own but I'de like to keep my head on straight.

#27984 - 30/08/05 10:23 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo:
... RayNut, I'd like to hear the logic in giving a passenger a ticket for non-compliance. You don't have to have a license to be a passenger, so how can you get a violation against a license for something you're not even licensed to do (and yes it counts AGAINST your license)? confused
... and is it just more of a warning or is there a fine of some sort along with it? confused

#27985 - 02/09/05 07:34 PM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know what the logic is, I just posted an excerpt from a summary of all the states seat belt laws.

I must say though that I completely agree with that logic. Today's society has a really big problem with people failing to take responsibility for their own actions. Too much "it's not my fault" and "somebody else could've/should've/would've". Alas, that is the topic for a completely different discussion.

Seems simple to me. At 16 you're allowed to drive a car. Time to step up to the plate and obey the rules of the road yourself. The seatbelt law doesn't just apply to people who are licensed drivers. Regardless of whether you have a license to drive a car, you are in violation if you're 16+ and don't wear a belt. You don't have to be licensed to receive a citation for an infraction.

#27986 - 04/09/05 08:06 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't enforce any seatbelt rule, nor do I even make it an issue. Most people who ride with me know to buckle up. Simple as that.
As for the TR, that has the dreaded motorized seatbelts from the 1980's. It is more of an effort to remove the shoulder belt from its clip on housing than to just leave it alone and wear the seatbelt. The lap belt is totally optional.

#27987 - 04/09/05 08:10 AM Re: Seatbelt Nazi
Anonymous
Unregistered

As the owner and operator of the vehicle, I won't move the vehicle until everone buckles up. Anyone not buckled up becomes a potential missile in the event of an accident. That could hurt me. Anything laying loose in a vehicle is the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal