2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36008 - 20/09/05 10:50 AM what do i have to look forward to?
Anonymous
Unregistered

so i currently have a 02 jeep wrangler, 6 cyl. with a 5 speed. its lifted alittle with 31's. im considering trading it in on a new '05 xterra with the 5 spd. auto. but im unsure which to get, the SE or the OR. which do you recommend. i love that night armor color on those things. i like the rims and all the OR has to offer, but the SE is alittle more refined, minus the rims which i plan on ditching for a set of something else... so what do i have to look forward to? thanks for your help guys. i look forward to your response...

mike [Wave]

#36009 - 20/09/05 11:17 AM Re: what do i have to look forward to?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've had my 4X4 SE for exactly 6 months now, and I love it. I was originally planning to get an Offroad with the fosgate upgrade. But then I drove it. I definitely liked the ride of the SE better, plus it already comes with the fosgate system, and it has the trip computer too. I don't do much offroading, so the locker wasn't important to me. I mostly wanted the 4X4 for the rough winters and unreliable road conditions. I also needed all the cargo room for the stuff I carry with me and for the weekend adventures. You just need to get out there and test drive both models. Then decide what you want to do with the vehicle in the next few years. If you plan to get into offroading, the locker would be beneficial to you. I do wish I could have gotten my SE with the OR wheels though. I hate that stupid Plus-sign design of the SE rims. Hell, I'd take the S wheels over the SE wheels. Just not willing to give up my fosgate. That thing rocks for a factory system.

#36010 - 20/09/05 11:28 AM Re: what do i have to look forward to?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea i mostlikely wont wheel it considering if i did i would keep the jeep. so i suppose i would go with a SE. i trest drove a brand new '03 when they came out. at 6'5, i was a bit cramped and my knee was pinned to the dash. any improvements in that? or should i just rule out the xterra already?

#36011 - 20/09/05 11:57 AM Re: what do i have to look forward to?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by paroxysym:
i trest drove a brand new '03 when they came out. at 6'5, i was a bit cramped and my knee was pinned to the dash. any improvements in that? or should i just rule out the xterra already?
You should try out the new X as it does have more head room and leg room than the 1st generation. It also has way more get up and go.

It sounds like you would want to go with the SE as the Offroad also has a much stiffer ride than the S and SE.

#36012 - 20/09/05 12:46 PM Re: what do i have to look forward to?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'm 6'3". i tried out an 04 xterra, and was very cramped. my 05 is much roomier, and i don't feel cramped at all. even at 6'5", i don't think you'll have a problem.

i sold my 98 XJ and got an 05 SE. i also have no plans of wheeling it (got all that out of my system). bottom line, i love the X. i think it will be more than capbable of doing whatever off-pavement driving i choose to do, but as far as a great daily driver, i'm quite pleased. the gas mileage could be better, but i wanted another SUV no matter what, so i wasn't expecting much in the MPG department.

#36013 - 24/09/05 02:57 PM Re: what do i have to look forward to?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by HoosXT:
i'm 6'3". i tried out an 04 xterra, and was very cramped.
Weird... I'm 6 foot 7 and I fit into my '02 just fine.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal