2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8857 - 22/05/05 06:20 PM How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have owned my X for a about 3 months now, and for the first time today washed it by hand, top to bottom. Even vaccumed it out, windexed the windows, cleaned the tires, and detailed the whole inside. It took me about 3 hours :rolleyes: Just wondering about how long it takes u guys to clean yours? Then again I NEVER seen clean X's on the road laugh

#8858 - 22/05/05 06:35 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

between washing, buffing, waxing and polishing- about 2hours.. interior- vacuum, wipe clean, vinyl protectant, shampoo everything, terminated and put back together, about 2 hours..

or, the alternative.. hand the keys over to the bf to take the truck to work with him and do all of the above..no time smile

id say ya did good with 3 hours.. usually i just use the ol'chiwala and some quick detailer on it- thats about 15 minutes if even..

are your windows tinted? its not good to use windex on tints- the ammonia turns the tint purple.

even tho i like a clean vehicle- these trucks tend to look good whether they're clean or dirty laugh

#8859 - 22/05/05 07:11 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just washed mine today for the first time and waxed it. The inside is still pretty clean but I still spruced it up. It took me an hour and a half to wash and wax it. I clean the windows with winshield wiper fluid on a cloth.

I posted a pic of her sparkling in the pics section.

#8860 - 22/05/05 07:58 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dont its a 4x4. Ok, ok we might clean it for the first couple of years....My current trail rig gest shoveled out when ever the sticks, critters, dirt and rocks gets 6' deep or so smile

#8861 - 22/05/05 08:15 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I drove a couple of hours in the rain today, so I guess it took me a couple of hours this time.

I do actually need to clean the inside up at some point - I think I'm carrying around at least 100 lbs of dog hair...

#8862 - 22/05/05 10:05 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

took me a little under 3 hours interior/exterior. had my girl do a half fast job, it took her 30 mins. looked the same when she was done [Huh?]

#8863 - 23/05/05 11:35 AM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spend about an hour or two doing the interior. Armor all the dash, vacuume, hose off floor mats, clean the windows, and reorginize the stuff in the cargo area. I usually leave the exterior dirty until it starts to get bird crap on it. then it takes about 2 hours to clean and wax. I always wax when I wash to give a little more protection between washing since I leave it dirty for a long time.

#8864 - 23/05/05 01:12 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Mine gets a wash and wax twice a year. 2 hrs tops (after that I'm bored and don't give crap anymore). My X is 5 years old now...no rust, looks new, minimal effort.

#8865 - 23/05/05 04:29 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
I used to loath washing it - takes four times as long as the Miata - makes sense, it's four times as big smile Now, I use the Mr. Clean car wash system and the spot free wash is a godsend - now instead of spending a half an hour of wiping it down, I just rinse it off and let it dry. Love it....

#8866 - 23/05/05 04:38 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was skeptical but tried the Mr. Clean Autodry car wash and it does work. It saves time because you don't have to dry the vehicle yourself to avoid water spots.

#8867 - 23/05/05 05:25 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Three beers.

#8868 - 23/05/05 07:46 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeX:
I was skeptical but tried the Mr. Clean Autodry car wash and it does work. It saves time because you don't have to dry the vehicle yourself to avoid water spots.
i have that Mr Clean thing as well- works wonders on my moms green truck.. works like poop on my blac truck :rolleyes: it takes care of the majority of the water spots but I still have to go over it with some quick detailer afterwards to make sure all the spots are gone (when i clean..im anal about it being totally clean..no half assed jobs here) smile

#8869 - 23/05/05 08:52 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dont forget to remove the air dam and wash/wax there too.. Dirt does get under that rubber gasket and scratches the hell out of your finish. Some use 3M clear tape under the rubber to protect the paint. cool

#8870 - 24/05/05 03:53 AM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Three beers.
... occasionally reaches 5 or 6 [Wave]

#8871 - 24/05/05 06:13 AM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
It's the Honda that kills me... there is a wash/wax system out there by the Zaino brothers (called the Zaino system!) that is the BEST thing available (and priced accordingly).

I spent SEVEN hours washing, rewashing, clay bar-ing, waxing, waxing, waxing, waxing, and waxing that sucker. Looked really nice when I was done, though laugh

The X? I've washed/waxed it once in the past two years... probably spent 2 hours on it.

#8872 - 24/05/05 09:32 AM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
babyX Offline

About 2 minutes in that touchless car wash thing at the gas station. laugh

#8873 - 24/05/05 11:59 AM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have you beat. About 30 seconds to sign my signature to the slip I get from the detailing company that washes my car inside and out. (I am lazy sometimes)

#8874 - 24/05/05 12:04 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
About 2 minutes in that touchless car wash thing at the gas station. laugh
Spend the extra dollar for the Supreme Wash.

10 minutes of luxury.

BTW, I'll get around to using the detail gift-certificate. [ThumbsUp]

#8875 - 24/05/05 03:18 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
babyX Offline

Did you check to make sure it doesn't expire???

#8876 - 24/05/05 08:00 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wash? [Huh?] Wash [Freak] ?

Hmmm what a novel idea. [LOL]

#8877 - 25/05/05 10:06 AM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
off2cjb Offline

As long as the rain lasts.

#8878 - 25/05/05 12:30 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

A run through an auto car wash does it for me. Unfortunately I don't have nearly the time to wax and scrub her; I would if I could, it really needs some clay bar right about now.

If I do have spare time I have other things that I need or want to do like drinking beer with buddies, camping out, wheeling, sleeping, you get the idea.

#8879 - 26/05/05 11:25 AM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

any products out there I should stay away from when washing and waxing?

#8880 - 26/05/05 05:58 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Exterior-usually 2 hours top to bottom; 4x a year. Although I do wipe it down twice a month.
Interior-about half hour; 2x a month.
I think I overdue it.

#8881 - 28/05/05 05:15 PM Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
I take it to a local place and let them do it. I am tired of washing vehicles. Besides, I can relax in air conditioning and watch them work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal