Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#625258 - 16/11/05 02:08 PM Google Base
chupasierras Offline

Loc: Monterrey, M�xico
Quote:
Help the world find your content.

Google Base is a place where you can add all types of information that we'll host and make searchable online.

You can describe any item you post with attributes, which will help people find it when they search Google Base. In fact, based on the relevance of your items, they may also be included in the main Google search index and other Google products like Froogle and Google Local.

http://www.google.com/base/default

Quote:
Google Base, the service that has been on an off the 'Net in alpha mode for the last few weeks has gone beta and is live. Google Base has been described variously as an online database, competition for Craigs List, or Google's first crack at eBay.
Google Base creates a structured Web

Abiel
www.abielg.com

#625259 - 16/11/05 02:17 PM Re: Google Base
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
wow... that thing sucks...

im not even sure what it is, how to use it, or why i would use it.

#625260 - 16/11/05 02:30 PM Re: Google Base
Todrick Offline

ok i think i get it... its like a free craiglist/ebay thing.

funny but there are A LOT of websites listed right now... i think others don't undertsan dit either.

#625261 - 17/11/05 05:21 AM Re: Google Base
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Google Base is exactly that. A free Craiglist. But hey it's Google, so stop using whatever favorite application, web portal, you are using and jump ship to the almighty Google. The new Microsoft.. the.. the.. the.. HIGHLY OVERRATED CONTENT PROVIDER WHOSE PRODUCTS ARE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME THING AS EVERYBODY ELSE'S.... :rolleyes:

#625262 - 17/11/05 10:50 AM Re: Google Base
Todrick Offline

its nto even craigslist... i use craigslist to get business for my web design and hosting company...

i look in the offered jobs section. posting another ad for my company doesnt really do me much good.

#625263 - 21/11/05 08:52 AM Re: Google Base
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Google Base is exactly that. A free Craiglist. But hey it's Google, so stop using whatever favorite application, web portal, you are using and jump ship to the almighty Google. The new Microsoft.. the.. the.. the.. HIGHLY OVERRATED CONTENT PROVIDER WHOSE PRODUCTS ARE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME THING AS EVERYBODY ELSE'S.... :rolleyes:
Though I somewhat agree, what other products even get close to Google Maps? Or Google as a search engine? Or Gmail?

Google is the same as Microsoft in that aspect, they don't create new products, they just make them much better.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal