2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#23346 - 16/01/06 01:05 PM Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey everyone. I did a search for this, but couldn't come up with anything. How can I get the dealership decal off the back of my truck? Is it simply a sticker? Should I do this when it's warmer out (and not 10 degrees)? Thanks in advance.

#23347 - 16/01/06 01:15 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

When you do a search, make sure you're in the appropriate section. If you type 'dealer decal' in the 'Care and Maintencance Forum-Appearance' you'll find what you're looking for.

I used a hair dryer to heat up the decal, peeled it off with my fingers, came off smoothly. Then i used 'Goo Gone' adhesive remover to take off any sticky stuff left.

This worked great for the vinyl pin striping as well.

#23348 - 16/01/06 02:12 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive used a razor carefully to get started then 3M ahhesive reover. Works great.

#23349 - 16/01/06 03:24 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Be very careful with a razor blade!!!!!

Try warming it up (hair dryer/sunlight) then using dental floss or a plastic putty knife.

#23350 - 16/01/06 03:39 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hair dryer woork really well....heat the decal up and peel away.

#23351 - 16/01/06 03:49 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

I took mine off with some string and it came right off. Then I polished up the area. But I think the one your talking about is a vinyl. That I just peeled off and polished as well.

#23352 - 16/01/06 07:37 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Arterra:
When you do a search, make sure you're in the appropriate section. If you type 'dealer decal' in the 'Care and Maintencance Forum-Appearance' you'll find what you're looking for.

I used a hair dryer to heat up the decal, peeled it off with my fingers, came off smoothly. Then i used 'Goo Gone' adhesive remover to take off any sticky stuff left.

This worked great for the vinyl pin striping as well.
This is the only SAFE way to do it - Worked for me every time over the past 10 years!

I hate dealership stickers - I don't do FREE advertising - The very first Mod done on every wheels I owned...

Regards

#23353 - 16/01/06 08:25 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

They still do that shit back east? You have to pay for advertising if I ever left the lot with some crap on the back of my X. I even tossed the dealer supplied chrome lic. plate frames just because.

#23354 - 16/01/06 08:25 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

That sucks that your dealer put a sticker on your X. I just had to throw away the license plate frames.

#23355 - 16/01/06 10:25 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can always tell them not to place the decals on when the make the delivery of your truck.

If you pick up your new vehicle with the decals, just ask them to take it off or pay you if they don't.

#23356 - 17/01/06 08:22 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has a dealer ever paid anyone to keep the sticker on? I plan on taking my sticker off when the weather warms up, but I never thought of asking the dealer to take it off or pay me $.

#23357 - 18/01/06 04:37 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by rodterra:
Has a dealer ever paid anyone to keep the sticker on? I plan on taking my sticker off when the weather warms up, but I never thought of asking the dealer to take it off or pay me $.
I think telling the dealer to pay you is just a sarcastic way to tell the dealer that you're not legally obligated to advertise their dealerships name on your vehicle. It's a more suttle way of saying,

"Take that f#ckin ugly ass decal off my beautiful ride"

#23358 - 18/01/06 05:08 PM Re: Removing Dealership Decal
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by Arterra:
Likewise, I'd figure a mod would have moved this there already... [Freak]
After all this thread didn't last long here.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal