Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#22107 - 08/03/06 12:01 AM Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA027806.kens.nissan.6dd4302e.html

Apparently SUVs can Roll Over!!! OMG! Even an Xterra at 50mph! I think i'm going to sell mine now. :rolleyes: [Smoking]

#22108 - 08/03/06 12:10 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

People are amazing. So a vehicle looses control and flips... Sad that it happened, but it shouldn't be Nissan's fault.

#22109 - 08/03/06 12:43 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

hmm he drifted off the road and then rolled his car and got ejected...I kno it's hard to hit ur pipe and drive at the same time but u should at least have ur seatbelt on...jeeze [Smoking]

#22110 - 08/03/06 01:17 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Besides the ludicrous subject, that has to be some of the worst writing ever in terms of grammar and punctuation. I'd be embarassed to send an e-mail like that much less have it posted on the website of a supposedly reputable news organization. Are they kidding? One example:

<<
They're touted as being tough, all terrain and can drive through just about anything, but when one attorney hired a group to test the vehicle.

Some 2002 four-door Nissan Xterra wagon's rolled at less than 40 miles an hour.
>>

That first sentence just ends, and clearly the period after "vehicle" should have been a comma, and "wagon's" should be "wagons." Good grief.

#22111 - 08/03/06 02:46 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

So... should we expect a recall to install wheel spacers? :rolleyes:

#22112 - 08/03/06 04:51 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Wahhhhhhh!!! Nissan should have fought that harder, but maybe it was less expensive to just settle. They should have been able to easily win if the Xterra were structurally sound and the dipshit would have lived with his seatbelt on. Especially since seatbelt use is required by law!

#22113 - 08/03/06 07:06 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
Wahhhhhhh!!! Nissan should have fought that harder, but maybe it was less expensive to just settle. They should have been able to easily win if the Xterra were structurally sound and the dipshit would have lived with his seatbelt on. Especially since seatbelt use is required by law!
x2...i mean you really have to be an idiot if your just fucking around to roll a truck, if weather\ice\snow is a factor, thats one thing, i've done an evasive maneuver to avoid nailing a fox on the highway one night, quick left right at around 65mph, no sway bar attached, wasn't the greatest feeling in the world but the X handled it...you're son died because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt, so lets sue Nissan :rolleyes:

might sound a bit harsh but seriously, cry me a frakin river, wear a seatbelt and i bet he would still be alive, don't blame a manufacturer for your mistakes [ThumbsDown]

#22114 - 08/03/06 07:38 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holy crap, does this mean I get to sue jeep? I rolled a friends yj at about 35-40 kmh one night when I went around a corner without slowing down.

Freaking stupid, does anyone here remember when people were held responsible for their own actions? That must have been a ruff time, scrape your knee walking up to another persons house and you couldn’t sue, do some drinking do some driving do some jail time. You kids play on their friends swing set and fall and get hurt you just picked them up dusted them off and let them go play without threatening to take their friends parents to court. Pffff and they call those the good old days

Sorry just venting

#22115 - 08/03/06 07:48 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with all the above posts. He should have been wearing a seat belt. I don't know what kind of a news agency is that, but I believe that their opinion or overview should be objective, and in this case it seemed a little biased. If they were objective they might have mentioned the death being likely to the occupant not wearing his seatbelt.

#22116 - 08/03/06 08:16 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
AMAZING!!!!

They roll at low speeds also, so be VERRRRRY CAAARRREFULLL.

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#22117 - 08/03/06 08:18 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
That's pathetic.. :rolleyes:

#22118 - 08/03/06 08:31 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

From the article, "Wigington says that high center of gravity is caused by the narrow track width he says that causes the Xterra to rollover when it shouldn't.".

Who is this attorney to determine when a vehicle should or should not rollover? Doesn't physics determine that.
Also, isn't there a warning about the increased chance of a rollover, on the inside of the sunvisor?? Why didn't this driver follow the strong advise of that warning??
The whole case is BS. But Nissan probably settled because they know that if a relative/friend of the deceased gets on the witness stand at the civil trial and cries a good sob story of how the deceased was such an angel and how the world is so much worse off without him, then the morons on the jury would penalize Nissan with a much more costly award to the "victim's" family. confused frown

#22119 - 08/03/06 08:35 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

So....With alift and bigger tires I could sue Calmini, BFG, and Nissan. Or I could just pay attention to what I'm doing.

Reminds me of the family that had 12 people or so in a fullsize Bronco in CA. The truck rolled and people died or something. They sued Ford for the same reason and that the removable top came off when the truck rolled. Lets not consider the fact that they were seven people over what the truck had seat belts for. [Freak]

#22120 - 08/03/06 09:06 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
"We made a small change to the vehicle, we widened the track width we made it wider,"
1- Another typo
2- I'm curious how they did this small change. If they put a wider axle under it or what. This reasoning is just plain stupid.

The crazy part about it is that the roll over that the lawsuit is for is for 50mph! Not the lower 'tested' speeds. I can't beleive they settled either. [Freak]

#22121 - 08/03/06 09:46 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

'There's a problem here and this vehicle rolls over when it shouldn't," attorney Jeff Wigington said.

We $hould all tru$t the opinion of an attorney. They have our be$t intere$t in mind. [Huh?]

Rollovers are common in FL. People drift off the road onto the soft (sand) shoulder, and yank the steering wheel to try and get back on the road. Doesn't matter much that they're in an SUV or not, hooking a tire still tends to flip the vehicle.

Maybe this lawyer should examine all the Honda Civics that end up in fatal crashes here in FL. I'm sure it's the fault of the cars, and not the teens who drive them. [Freak]

#22122 - 08/03/06 10:03 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

At this point the whole story sounds like a load of BS to me. They said the changed the track of the vehicle to be wider, yet don't mention how they did it. They did not say anything about the passenger not wearing any seatbelt. All there is is some lawyer saying some bullshit. Not all layers are bad but many of them are full of shit. just like this article.

At 50 mpg any vehicle can roll over given the right conditions, certainly many SUVs would.

The article is very poorly written, an average highschool student can write better than that. Looking at the article, I don't give it any credit at all.

#22123 - 08/03/06 10:32 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

What the hell do you expect a vehicle with a high center of gravity to do when it's jerked to one side at 50+ mph. I think those kinds of tests are so bogus. If you drive the truck like a dumbass what the hell do you think's gonna happen. I'm not saying I'm the best driver in the world but come on, I'm not gonna drive a 4,000+ lbs SUV like it's a race car.

#22124 - 08/03/06 10:33 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
xterra3202 Offline

Dumb shits who cant drive get what they deserve!!!! [Finger]

Like the Firestone bull shit!!!! confused

You get a flat the first you do is slam on the brakes and yank the wheel because it wont upset the cars dynamics at all!!!! mad

Shit like this pisses me off!!! mad

Simple physics that you dont even learn in school should tell people this stuff!!!!

Like I said above dumb shits that cant drive get what they deserve!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#22125 - 08/03/06 10:42 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anything is possible... I managed to flip a Toyota Prius (very low c of g cause of all those batteries) at less than 30mph. smile

#22126 - 08/03/06 10:43 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

And this crap continues the idea that "someone else is at fault" for my screw up.

#22127 - 08/03/06 10:54 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra312002:
Dumb shits who cant drive get what they deserve!!!! [Finger]
Garth! Take your ritalin!

#22128 - 08/03/06 10:57 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
xterra3202 Offline

I know man but that stuff just gets under my skin bad.

I worked at a driving school for three years and it really boils down to the simple fact that it is far too easy to obtain a license in the United States. No focus on driver responsibility, vehicle dynamics, vehicle control, emergency procedures etc.

BTW popped a few "happy pills" and im good now cool HeHe

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#22129 - 08/03/06 10:58 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

why would nissan settle at all? I mean, it states on the visor that avoid adrupt maneuvars at high speeds... [Freak]

People are always trying to find ways to blame someone else for their mistakes....

I mean, your not supposed to drift off the road.. and doing so making an adrupt maneuvar to maintain control at that high speed? rollover could thus happen and come on, the person should have had his seat belt. it would have helped.

I mean, you buy a car for a particular purpose and the design of a car has its advantages and disadvantages, xterra aren't meant to do high speed manuvers you get an evolution or sports car to do that.

So that that mean that they are going to start suing people for having a stronger bumper(ARB, TJM) in an accident and because the bumper caused more damage to the other vehicle.. or better yet, the tow hitch caused more damage to the other vehicle because it was there(seen this happen a lot, who needs a rear bumper guard when all you need is a tow hitch?) ?

I mean I make fun of my friends with sports cars that I can play bumper games with them if they want.....

#22130 - 08/03/06 11:09 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

all goes to prove my theory that common sense is not common....

#22131 - 08/03/06 11:38 AM Re: Gen 1. X's not safe
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Polak:
Anything is possible... I managed to flip a Toyota Prius (very low c of g cause of all those batteries) at less than 30mph. smile
I managed to roll my Xterra as well.

I was doing about 0.5mph, climbing out of a hot tub on Hell's Revenge. The sticker on the visor didn't say not to do it, so I'm going to sue Nissan too. [Finger]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal