Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#631395 - 05/04/06 12:24 PM Ripping CD's using WMP
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Does anyone use Windows Media Player 10 on XP to rip CD's? I like it all, except how it makes the file name? Is there a way to add spaces before and after the dashes so that is says (for example):

02 - Korn - Falling Away from Me.mp3

instad of:

02-Korn-Falling Away from Me.mp3

?? I know, it's a minor issue, but kind of annoying to me considering I used to use and old program that I no longer have installed and all my old mp3's were done that way.

#631396 - 05/04/06 12:30 PM Re: Ripping CD's using WMP
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Magic File Renamer

It costs $30, but it's perfect for rename multiple files at once, instead of one at a time.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#631397 - 05/04/06 04:21 PM Re: Ripping CD's using WMP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Use a program called CDEX to rip. Then you can format your filenames using any self imposed system (based on tags of course).

http://www.download.com/CDex/3000-2140_4-10226370.html?tag=lst-0-1

#631398 - 06/04/06 09:12 AM Re: Ripping CD's using WMP
NismoXse02 Offline

So, you can't do it in Windows WMP? I have other programs - Adaptec, Nero, Musicmatch - that aren't installed right now, but I was hoping to do everything through Windows Media Player.

#631399 - 06/04/06 09:46 AM Re: Ripping CD's using WMP
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can change the file names, song titles, album info, etc... one at a time. When you are in the media library, click once on the attribute that you want to change, then click it again to edit the name. But don't quickly double click, this will play the song. Is this what you're trying to do?

#631400 - 06/04/06 10:11 AM Re: Ripping CD's using WMP
Anonymous
Unregistered

i personally like winamp for ripping cd's...

#631401 - 06/04/06 10:48 AM Re: Ripping CD's using WMP
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
I bought this $10 plugin for Windows Media Player to rip MP3's. In the approx. 3 years I've had it, I've never had any problems. You can control pretty much every detail about the process (naming convention, bitrate, file format, etc). Plus, it integrates seamlessly into WMP10, and Microsoft lists it as a preferred plugin for WMP10.

#631402 - 06/04/06 11:53 AM Re: Ripping CD's using WMP
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by B.:
You can change the file names, song titles, album info, etc... one at a time. When you are in the media library, click once on the attribute that you want to change, then click it again to edit the name. But don't quickly double click, this will play the song. Is this what you're trying to do?
Yeah, I know you can change them one at a time. Matter of fact, that's what I did in Windows Explorer instead of in WMP like you said. Anyway, I was talking about setting it up to rip the way I'd like (see my first post) instead of having to go back and adding spaces to each file that it creates just to get it the way I'd like.

If it can't be done, I guess I'll just install one of the other programs. I have winamp too and actually use it as my player, but I don't think it will rip CD's very fast unless I pay for it.

#631403 - 06/04/06 05:43 PM Re: Ripping CD's using WMP
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been using AudioGrabber for a while now. It has a lot of neat settings, it's free and not a big download.
laugh

#631404 - 06/04/06 09:06 PM Re: Ripping CD's using WMP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mnemonic:
Use a program called CDEX to rip. Then you can format your filenames using any self imposed system (based on tags of course).

http://www.download.com/CDex/3000-2140_4-10226370.html?tag=lst-0-1
That's the same program I use. Works great.

Here's a good renaming program if you have a lot of files to rename. It's free too: http://www.1-4a.com/rename/

#631405 - 07/04/06 04:40 PM Re: Ripping CD's using WMP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah CDEX works the best for me. It is free, open source, simple, clean, supports OGG, WMA, MP3, WAV, even will fetch internet CDDB info to populate your tags for you. Even will place in specific folders based on tags. (I.E. c:\music\korn\issues\11 Somebody Someone.mp3)

#631406 - 08/04/06 11:46 AM Re: Ripping CD's using WMP
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use db Power Amp to convert mp3's, it can use tons of codecs so it's useful to do other things.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal