2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#10913 - 10/05/06 11:29 PM driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

i got an undeserved off roading ticket. 75 bucks... anyways anyone know if this goes on your record as a moving violation? will it require traffic school and will it kill my insurance? got it in california. i'm thinking about challenging it in court but the drive itself is probably will probably be about 75 bucks. thanks all.

#10914 - 10/05/06 11:31 PM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

where were you?? Be lucky it was only 75 bucks in HI I think its upwards to $250-$500...

#10915 - 10/05/06 11:48 PM Re: driving off road ticket?!
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Maybe you did deserve it? You're going to get roasted here if you don't give more details. Was it for driving on private land, or driving in a protected area, driving in an area that required a permint, or what? Even if you aren't guilty, what was the cops reason for the ticket? Can't just say you got a ticket that you didn't deserve without telling us what it's for and why you don't think you deserved it!

:rolleyes:

BTW, if you were 4 wheeling in an illegal area (whether you knew it or not), I don't feel sorry for you. Sometimes shit happens.

I doubt it affects your insurance or anything if it's just for being somewhere you didn't belong, but again, we need to know exactly what the ticket is for!

#10916 - 11/05/06 01:03 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

some tickets aren't on companies books anyways. i got one for carpool violation and my agent said i can't cpunt it against you cause i have no option for it.

#10917 - 11/05/06 07:37 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

To bad the fine wasnt more as 75 bucks in california is nothing. Pay the damn thing and quit whining about the ticket your deserved to get.

http://www.treadlightly.org

#10918 - 11/05/06 07:49 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is no reason to get a ticket off road in CA. There are so many public trails in CA there is no excuse not to be on one of them. Remember, wheel responsibly.

#10919 - 11/05/06 08:20 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
give the guy a chance to respond before flaming too much here...

#10920 - 11/05/06 08:34 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heck in NJ, we say $75.00 bux to off road, is like "PAYING A FEE" to ride.....

MGJ

#10921 - 11/05/06 08:38 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, more details please. Were you speeding? What type of officer of the law actually gave you the ticket

#10922 - 11/05/06 09:25 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the reason for the post was to ask if the ticket would go on his driving record, not about the legitimacy of the ticket itself.

#10923 - 11/05/06 09:31 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll reserve judgement for now. the situation in so many urban areas is that of political and powerful groups fighting over land that was once public open space with dirt roads and such that everybody drove on freely. Now developers are in an all out battle to grab suburban acreage for either housing developemnts or the greenies are trying to make them into ecological preserves. either way, the common guy loses since, in many cases, you can't even walk onto a preserve. It is elitist land grabbing and I can't support either side.

sucks that you have to drive so far from the city whereas before you could drive 10 or 15 minutes for an hour playtime trail tour on local backyard county land.

there would be no ticket 10 years ago. driving on back roads was not considered bad. Too many people..where is the bird flu they were talking about, never seemed to get a foothold.

#10924 - 11/05/06 09:42 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by skaggs396:
I think the reason for the post was to ask if the ticket would go on his driving record, not about the legitimacy of the ticket itself.
Ok - simple answer is that if it was not a moving violation it should not go on your "record". A moving violation will most likely get you points on your driver's license and possibly raise your insurance.

#10925 - 11/05/06 09:47 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

--MOST of you don't realize/remember this, but in the late 60's we would go over the Sierras to lake almanor and really 4-wheeled to fish in ALL the HIGH LAKES in between Chico and the lake. in mid 70's the Sierra club politically pressured the BLM/Dept of fish and game to CLOSE off (for MOTOR vehicle use) 80% of these wonderful areas-oh, you could still backpack or bike to them, but you couldn't drive your 4wd!!. that was 30+ years ago!!! [Spit] [Spit] --JIMBO

#10926 - 11/05/06 09:59 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Doug703:
Quote:
[b]I think the reason for the post was to ask if the ticket would go on his driving record, not about the legitimacy of the ticket itself.
Ok - simple answer is that if it was not a moving violation it should not go on your "record". A moving violation will most likely get you points on your driver's license and possibly raise your insurance.[/b]
The definition of "moving violation" is VEEEERY broad around here. They give the college kids at A&M tickets for running stop signs on their bicycles on campus (yeah - I guess they are roads... but come ON... they're bicycles... and it's in the middle of freakin' campus) and they count against your DL because it is a "moving violation" :rolleyes:

#10927 - 11/05/06 10:25 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Well, he *did* say an undeserved ticket, for whatever that's worth.

#10928 - 11/05/06 11:29 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

you guys sure know how to jump to conclusions. thanks to the few who responded to my post for its original intent. for you other flamers, like i said, the ticket was not deserved.

just for you curious ones: i was camping and someone backed my X up closer to the tent area of our campsite. the car remained on trail the entire time and was only moved about 20 feet. when i got back i figured id just leave it there and sleep for the night. next morning awoke to a park ranger writing me a ticket for offroading.

so my question is: is this considered a moving violation? the park ranger never saw the car moving, and i was not the one who moved it in the first place. points on my record? etc. save the BS about treading lightly.

#10929 - 11/05/06 11:34 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow.. lame... At least if you going to get that kind of a ticket you should have something to show for it.... Seriously who does that??

#10930 - 11/05/06 11:41 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Post the citation number. You can look up the citation information at the California DMV website, it will tell you what level of offense the citation is, and therefore if it will be points on your license.

Edit to add: also, what county were you in? Citation numbers can vary by county and city.

#10931 - 11/05/06 11:45 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

--Just out of curiosty, How could SOMEONE move YOUR X without you being there????? [Spit] [Spit] --JIMBO

#10932 - 11/05/06 11:50 AM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by gymbo:
--Just out of curiosty, How could SOMEONE move YOUR X without you being there????? [Spit] [Spit] --JIMBO
my guess is with the keys [Finger]

#10933 - 11/05/06 12:02 PM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe a friend/girlfriend moved it.

Not really important to his topic, if you ask me. But you didn't, so I'll keep my opinion to myself.

Hope you get that taken care of man.

#10934 - 11/05/06 12:24 PM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
you guys sure know how to jump to conclusions.
"WELCOME TO XOC"

#10935 - 11/05/06 12:40 PM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cali83:

so my question is: is this considered a moving violation? the park ranger never saw the car moving, and i was not the one who moved it in the first place. points on my record? etc. save the BS about treading lightly.
He wouldn't have to actually see your vehicle in motion. The fact that your vehicle was parked offroad speaks for itself. Your best bet would be to call whatever government entity has jursisdiction over the park/land you were on and verify what rules and regulations there are for offroading. If the park ranger is the one that wrote a ticket, then my guess would be that you're paying a fine for a parking ticket/breaking rules, not necessarily a moving violation that would put points on your license. Either way you can call that entity running the park to find out if it is indeed a moving violation. Be nice and polite. Don't go spew off a rant and rave about how you didn't deserve the ticket and the world is out to get you. Just say you got a ticket at (x) location at (x) time and you want to know if it's a moving violation and what specific rule or statute was used in determining the need to write a ticket. Don't be an ass, just ask questions now and deal with consequences once you know exactly what you got into.

#10936 - 11/05/06 01:35 PM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

--Not really important to his topic! Gosh, I wonder what YOU think is important to his topic???Perhaps you should have Proof read HIS topic before he submitted it-- [Spit] [Spit] --JIMBO

#10937 - 11/05/06 02:26 PM Re: driving off road ticket?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sometimes rangers are just pricks. Give a certain kind of guy a badge, and all of a sudden he thinks he's the frikin' Clint Eastwood of worthless citations.
Back in March, I was with a buddy cross country skiing. We parked in a "snow park permit area." Neither of us thought you had to buy the permit beforehand because just about every other rec site in this state has pay boxes. Apparently, they don't for snow parks, so we asked some people what the fee was. We left the fee amount in an envelope under the windshield wiper blade—and wrote "fee" on it. While we were skiing, some dickhead ranger left us a $45 ticket right on top of the envelope we had left (yes, the cash was still in there). The worst thing is that my friend and I both have like six other rec use stickers/permits in plain view on our vehicles. The guy could obviously see that my friend was a "good citizen" because he had so many other permits on his truck. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal