Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#578610 - 05/06/06 06:22 AM Noob Foglight Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an 06 X 4x4 S and i was wondering of there is any way to just have the fog lights go on with out the headlights? i have this on my 03 3.5se altima and i was wondering if its possible to to it. i think that i have seen it on one of the MOAB pics on a silver X (pic attached). And Also Where is MOAB located on the map is that on the west coast?

#578611 - 05/06/06 05:45 PM Re: Noob Foglight Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mostly those fogs are aftermarket.

#578612 - 05/06/06 09:56 PM Re: Noob Foglight Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

That photo looks like an Off Road which comes with Fog Lights so I don't think they are "aftermarket". Good question XtreamX. Don't have an answer though sorry.

Chuck

#578613 - 08/06/06 04:27 AM Re: Noob Foglight Question
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The OEM wiring gets power for the relay from the headlights...so they have to be getting power to power the fogs...and the low beams at that, so they go off if you hit the hi-beams as well.

To get independant operation, re-wire it so you get power to the relay from the fuse box directly...so its always hot, and or from a hot source with the ignition on if you want them to go off when you trun the engine off, etc.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#578614 - 08/06/06 06:53 AM Re: Noob Foglight Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks for the info TJ im going to get cracking on it this saturday and let you guys know what the out come is. im going to try to take some pics if anyone will be interested in doing it later on.

I have also been wondering when i turn off the VDC the X, it still has alot of traction Control on. is that normal? how do i trun that off? is there a way to do it or no?
i was actually thinking of getting one of those ECU Tuners and hoping that it might have some sort of option for that. can i get some fede back on that?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal