Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#581431 - 25/08/06 05:52 PM Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got home with it: 2006 Black S w/ Utility Package and Air Bag Package and a few little things. I know, I know, it's a 4x2 but ya gotta understand, for what I want to do . . . Kayaking, surfing, beach camping, all the things I've missed in the last 4 years of driving a Miata, I just couldn't justify a 4x4. I don't think I would ever use it.

With the help of you here on the board, months of thinking, searching, following your discussions, this is exactly the package that was right for me. I thank you all, you've helped me without knowing it. I was actually contemplating a Mazda RX-8 for a whiles but between the fact that the people on that board are pricks and they make the car sound like a total piece of garbage, I'm so glad I re-thought what I want in a new ride and went with the Xterra.

I've owned small pickups before and driven more vehicles that I can possibly remember; Still I'm a little surprised that coming from a Miata how comfortable I feel in it already with just over 40 miles. Really does drive nice and the the power compared to what I'm used to is amazing.

Sorry to be so long winded but I'm excited if you can't tell. 43 F'n years old and it's the first time I've ever bought a brand new vehicle.

So say hello to me damnit! laugh Just kiddin ya all.

#581432 - 25/08/06 06:27 PM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#581433 - 25/08/06 06:45 PM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome!

#581434 - 25/08/06 06:51 PM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] [Wave] [Wave]

#581435 - 25/08/06 07:20 PM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] [Too much XOC]

#581436 - 25/08/06 08:37 PM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
[LOL] That was one of the best greetings post I've read! Breathe, breathe!
Welcome aboard and enjoy your new toy! [Wave]

#581437 - 25/08/06 08:37 PM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

hello to me damnit! smile

#581438 - 25/08/06 09:06 PM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL, Thanks BigE. I'm trying to breathe but it's hard, I have to keep running down the stairs to make sure it's there! laugh

Its funny, its sitting where my Miata used to and it's as if it ate it. I get this feeling that the next time I start it up it's gonna crap out little bits and pieces through the exhaust. The foot print of the X compared to the Mazda's footprint is shocking.

Anyway, appreciate the greetings. Its not like anyone here hasn't seen a new black Xterra before but I'll get some pics tomorrow and post them anyway ... because let's face it. Mine's special! [LOL]

#581439 - 25/08/06 10:35 PM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#581440 - 26/08/06 08:49 AM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#581441 - 26/08/06 09:39 AM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Man, welcome aboard! You're going to have a blast getting to your favorite spots in your new X [ThumbsUp] I kinda' went the opposite way though.. Bought the X and modded it for hardcore offroading, then I got tired of the cruddy gas mileage and 0-Thursday acceleration it has, so I picked up a '90 Miata which it turns out, is wicked fast. laugh Have fun and post pics often!

#581442 - 26/08/06 11:35 AM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey DBAX, thanks for the welcome. Yeah, don't get me wrong, the Miata was a blast to drive. Very free wheelin/high reving engine so if you put your foot into it--it had some get up and go. And it's cornering ability is superb. But this is my first V6 and the 265 ponies it has feels awesome to me. Just seems to get up to speed so effortlessly.

I see you have a 2001 X. I'm far far from an expert on these things but if I understand correctly, pre 2005 the X's were 4 cylinders and at some point a supercharged system was introduced. I can't make the comparison having never driven one of that year.

To be honest, even though I feel my trade-in value was acceptable on my Miata, if I could keep 2 cars at my apartment complex, I DEFINITELY would have kept the Miata too. I just can't keep 2 cars here. (and my Miata was in serious need of some maintenance - new tires, timing belt, A/C was out etc.) You have the best of both worlds, a great OR truck and a top-down fun in the sun roadster. That's very cool.

As for gas mileage, I'll probably hate it on Vegas trips but for the most part, everything I do is within 10 to 15 miles here in Orange County so I don't think it will bother me much. I was getting 22 mpg in city driving in the Miata, if I get 15 in the truck, that will be fine.

Again, thanks for the hellos everyone. I really do feel of all of the message boards I've watched or partipated in, the tone and character of this one is one of the best. Helpful, generally respectful but enough sarcasm and BS to keep it light and fun. laugh

#581443 - 26/08/06 06:17 PM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#581444 - 26/08/06 08:28 PM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello buddy, glad you got the Xterra and I'm glad that you didn't let people influence you into getting the 4x4. I'm not into offroading but I got the 4x4 anyway because I like playing in the snow. Enjoy it, I know you will!

#581445 - 27/08/06 06:39 AM Re: Whoaaaah! Count me in!
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
[Wave]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal