Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#19728 - 07/10/06 04:23 PM My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

So last night my X got tboned by a Dodge Neon when I was making a left turn and it got flipped onto it's drivers side. It's completely totalled. The impact hit the front passenger side and basically my engine and passenger side got crushed inward and upward. My driver side was pretty banged up with a lot of body damage. The drivers side windows shattered, the back passenger window shattered. Now for the most important part, I was driving, my girlfriend was in the passenger seat, and my friends were in the backseat. Somebody was watching over us last night, because all of us escaped with a few minor bumps cuts and bruises. My girlfriend should have been killed because her door almost crushed her, but she somehow got off with only a minorly chipped tooth. Neither of my friends in the back were wearing seatbelts, (I had no idea), but one got out with a minor cut on her head, and some back pain, and the other with a couple glass cuts on his hand. When we flipped my elbow and forearm shattered my window, so I have a fairly nasty evulsion on my elbow and a lot of smaller cuts all up and down my arm. So it definitely wasn't a fun experience, but we all were able to walk ourselves out of it which is a miracle as far as I can tell. The X is totalled, my dad took some pictures at the salvage lot today, so I'll post those when I get a chance. Just wanted to let everyone know. I don't know what's going on with the insurance and all or the police report or whose fault it is or anthing so I can't really comment on that. Josh.

#19729 - 07/10/06 04:32 PM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow dude that sucks so bad

thank god no one got seriously hurt

the X will be replaced by insurance, the important think is that you, your girlfriend, and your friends walked away

#19730 - 07/10/06 05:16 PM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear that. Glad you are all ok and walked away.

Hopefully, everything will get resolved soon.

Good luck!

#19731 - 07/10/06 05:28 PM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow man!

Glad everyone is okay to this point.

Trucks can be replaced, friends can't.

#19732 - 07/10/06 06:11 PM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad to hear everyone came out of it OK.

Sorry to hear about the truck, but that can be replaced...

#19733 - 09/10/06 07:36 AM Re: My X got totalled.....
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
yeesh! and a nice new '06 OR too [Crybaby]

That sucks man - glad you're okay.

#19734 - 09/10/06 07:51 AM Re: My X got totalled.....
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
ow

Yeah - you were lucky.

Same would have happened to me 2 times, except the sliders acted like side bumpers and took all the impact, and spread it along the frame...so the T-Boner absorbed all the impact forces, not me, no damage. laugh

The X is a tough beast though, and it protected you and yours, and that's the important thing...you could all walk away from an accident that you would not have, had you also been in a Neon, etc.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#19735 - 09/10/06 08:26 AM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
she somehow got off with only a minorly chipped tooth.
Oohh, you're gonna' want to get that fixed asap.. wink

#19736 - 09/10/06 08:28 AM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oooo that sucks... glad u and the fam are OK.

#19737 - 09/10/06 08:51 AM Re: My X got totalled.....
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Glad everyone is OK. Nearly the same thing happened to my wife about 1.5 years ago with her brand new '04 X (6 days old and 300 miles on it), except she ended up on the roof. Only injuries were a sore shoulder from hanging upside down by her belt.

#19738 - 09/10/06 09:53 AM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow that sucks big time.

I'm glad you and your friends are all OK. That's the main thing.

#19739 - 09/10/06 10:36 AM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I totalled my X this weekend too!!! so sorry to hear it happened to you too. I got into the worst accident over the weekend. Luckily I had insurance, let me just say that the people at Mercury rock, and they probably are from outer space like their ad campaign says (www.mercurytheory.com) because so far they’ve been super and I have a loaner that’s better than the one I crashed. So stupid. My fault, too. I was approaching an intersection and I accidentally got into the left-hand turn lane for the intersection before the one I meant to. It was only a few feet between the two left-hand turn lanes, so I gunned it to make it into the next one, but someone pulled into the lane and I hit them. So there goes my car. Anyone else totaled a car? What should I expect?

#19740 - 09/10/06 11:10 AM Re: My X got totalled.....
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Quote:
Originally posted by hubertusbigend:
Anyone else totaled a car? What should I expect?
Haven't totalled one myself, but have had two of my vehicles totalled (wife and daughter driving). What you should expect will vary from state to state and insurance company to insurance company.

In Alabama, insurance companies are required to total a vehicle if the estimate of repairs meets or exceeds 75% of the vehicle's value as determined from the NADA Southeast Regional Retail value. This part of the equation may vary from state to state, with some states not having any hard and fast rules.

Our insurance company, State Farm, in both cases determined the status of our vehicles within a week of each incident and, once it was determined that a total loss had occurred, had a check ready the next business day. Again, the speed and efficiency of your insurance company may vary.

Just for grins, I looked up the NADA Retail Value on my '02 and came up with $13,400, which is $600 more than I paid for it almost 2 years ago.

Not sure if this holds true everywhere, but when I got my insurance payoffs, they included an amount equivalent to the sales tax on a vehicle valued at the NADA value as well as an amount equivalent to one year's license plate fees and excise taxes.

#19741 - 10/10/06 07:06 PM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

good to hear that nobody got seriosuly injured. hope everything ends up alright.

#19742 - 11/10/06 09:13 AM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let me just say that Mercury has so far been very efficient with processing my claim, and has called me every time they've made any progress. Very impressed, but I don't have any experience to compare this with.

#19743 - 11/10/06 06:38 PM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

so this morning the insurance adjuster went and looked at my X and deemed it fixable, so it's at a body shop right now and they're gonna see what they can do about it. might work out better because insurance might not go up too much as they're only paying for repairs instead of paying for the cost of the truck plus sales tax.

#19744 - 12/10/06 01:53 AM Re: My X got totalled.....
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Cost of the truck plus tax? Your insurance going up?

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#19745 - 13/10/06 03:18 AM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by hubertusbigend:
Anyone else totaled a car? What should I expect?
I would assume that what state you live in prety much dictates what/how your insurance comes through.
I live in Mass- and all rates are regulated. I had a Buick Regal GS at the time(98 with 95K miles in 2002). I was rear ended so hard- I was pushed out ahead and into the other lane of traffic and hit someone head on. The floks I hit head on ended up in the hospital. I was fine mostly.

At the time I would have been lucky to get $5K on a trade, and I owed $8K. I ended up getting $12K from insurance, plus the other insurance CO gave me a reantal for 30 days or until I found another car(when I bought my first SUV- Pathfinder).

In my dealing with a total- I felt I was dealt a more than fair hand.

Glad you are all ok!

Chris

#19746 - 17/10/06 12:45 PM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate neons and anything else with the word dodge in it. It was probably one of those really cool ones that are turbo and superduper fast huh? What does his car look like?

Glad you are all alright. I can't believe your arm broke the window. Ouch!!

#19747 - 17/10/06 02:15 PM Re: My X got totalled.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

very glad to see that everyone is alright. Metal can be fixed/replaced, people can't.

i totaled my first X
59 days after i bought her. My fault though.
see my post on NTC.com under owners rigs.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal