Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11494 - 19/11/06 03:33 PM some basic questions about my '07 OR...
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi, i visited before, but it didn't make sense to register until i actually got the X. so yea, nice to meet yall'...

the first thing that came as a shock to me, is 3 different dealers telling me to fuel up with regular 87 gasoline... now, i don't care for gas mileage so much; i'd rather keep the engine/fuel lines as clean as possible, but was told that using premium 93 is not a good idea since it burns colder??? if someone could shine some light on this issue for me, i'd appreciate it. i'm using 89 at the moment. got the thing with 22 miles on it, and planning a synthetic oil change on Tuesday, so if you guys got any more suggestions regarding fuel type/oil brands/viscosity - i'm all ears(eyes)...

next thing i'm interested in is a short shift kit. yea, i didn't mention it was a 6 speed... so, are there any for the 06-07 models?

and finally, i'd love to hear(read) your guys experiences with any nismo performance parts offered for the Xterra/Titan, specifically the headers and cold air intake. can you really feel the extra torque? hp?

thanks in advance for your input.

#11495 - 19/11/06 06:55 PM Re: some basic questions about my '07 OR...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome, and congrats [Wave]

Run what the manual says to run as far as gas goes. If you go search the performance section for "octane" you will see why you should run 87 not 89 (aside from the engineers @ Nissan telling you to and the fact that your truck is tuned for it...). Reader's Digest: you will not make as much power, yeah I'm serious. Oh, yeah and most gasoline's today contain the same detergents and additives regardless of what octane rating they have, check google too It'll tell you more than I can laugh

Short shifter kit...get the flame suit out...but I'll help (I think) the shifter is a bastardized 350Z 6 speed, whether or not it will work I don't know, but it's a starting point laugh

As for the Nismo stuff, I have no idea.

#11496 - 19/11/06 07:00 PM Re: some basic questions about my '07 OR...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any type of header is going to increase your torque/hp

#11497 - 19/11/06 07:24 PM Re: some basic questions about my '07 OR...
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok, i'll just try a different shift handle for a while... and i guess i'll hold off on the synthetic switch at least until after a couple of oil changes...
thanks for replies.

#11498 - 20/11/06 05:34 AM Re: some basic questions about my '07 OR...
Anonymous
Unregistered

ChefTyler is correct. You are wasting your money on high octane. Octane is used to retard ignition and help prevent detonation in high compression engines. In an engine that isn't high compression you will be inhibiting the full burn of the fuel and it can actually cause more carbon build up. So, don't waste your money. Also, I'd run regular oil for the first 3,000 to 6,000 miles until the rings seat good before going to synthetic.

#11499 - 20/11/06 07:36 AM Re: some basic questions about my '07 OR...
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Soooo... you bought the offroad model - and you're wanting to put a short shifter and performance mods on it? Seems like a waste.

All the mods you need can be found HERE

#11500 - 20/11/06 07:42 AM Re: some basic questions about my '07 OR...
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you want a shorter shifter, get a body lift laugh

#11501 - 20/11/06 09:43 AM Re: some basic questions about my '07 OR...
Anonymous
Unregistered

well..there are several people looking for a short shifter..as they think the 6sp feels...odd. of course, they haven't found one yet...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal