2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#616954 - 22/01/07 12:15 PM GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sorry, but after hearing they want to sing OUR National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough!

In no other countries do they sing their national anthem in another language - Italian, Japanese, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German, Portuguese, Greek, French, or any other language because of immigration. It is sung in their native tongue and I respect that.

It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung word for word the way it was written. The news broadcasts even gave the translation - not even close.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but this is MY COUNTRY IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY, SPEAK UP!

I am not against immigration -
just come through like everyone else.
Get a sponsor;
have a place to lay your head;
have a job;
pay your taxes;
live by the rules;
and
LEARN THE LANGUAGE
as all other immigrants have in the past
and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

PART OF THE PROBLEM

Think about this:
If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone, YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM! I AM FED UP WITH ALL THIS PC BULL SHIT!!

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by people from other countries who came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice?

Think about it!

All we have to say is, when will Someone do something about MY RIGHTS?

We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended.

But it seems no one has a problem with that.

It is Time for America to Speak up!!!

If you agree - pass this along;
If you don't agree - I don't give a shit!!

But since it is a country of Choice and Freedom of speech you are more than welcome to voice your opinion.

#616955 - 22/01/07 12:23 PM Re: GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Amen.

#616956 - 22/01/07 12:35 PM Re: GO USA
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
Actually Canada's national anthem is sung in two different languages (French and English)...learn more HERE

As for the languages, I don't think it's that big of a deal...It's not like they're making YOU sing it or learn it in spanish right? I guess I just don't get what the hubbabaloo is all aboot, eh?

#616957 - 22/01/07 12:39 PM Re: GO USA
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally posted by NuDan:
As for the languages, I don't think it's that big of a deal...It's not like they're making YOU sing it or learn it in spanish right?
Couldnt agree more but dude...get ready cause the shits about to hit the fan...

Be strong young Jedi.

#616958 - 22/01/07 12:47 PM Re: GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
All we have to say is, when will Someone do something about MY RIGHTS?
How does somebody singing the Anthem in another language impact your rights? Why can't I sing it in Greek, if that's what I want to do? It isn't like the official version is being changed or anything.

Note: I'm assuming this is the flap from a few months back, where a spanish-language version was released, as opposed to some new story.

#616959 - 22/01/07 12:51 PM Re: GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lets just say I took the last year in review both personal and business & I am throwing PC BULLSHIT to the Hyenas. I am just absolutely sick of it, this was just one of the items that was on my little list.

#616960 - 22/01/07 03:23 PM Re: GO USA
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
...I am throwing PC BULLSHIT to the Hyenas...
You're going to get a Mac?

:jackass graemlin:

#616961 - 22/01/07 03:46 PM Re: GO USA
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Quote:
I'm sorry, ...If you don't agree - I don't give a shit!!
But you do give a shit, else you would not have posted this laugh

So now STFU and go learn to speak spanish, French, Latin, Greek, Russian, and 200+ others. Then come back and say you belong here, in the melting pot. [Finger]

Oh, side note about learning spanish. If you go to school to leran it, you get proper spanish. Now the spanish that the Mexican's speak, is a broken spanish. they are not the same. No wonder we can't get along.

#616962 - 22/01/07 05:12 PM Re: GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pretty sodomized version of the English language you folks here speak anyway compared to the Queens English I speak.

#616963 - 22/01/07 05:28 PM Re: GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:
If you go to school to leran it, you get proper spanish. Now the spanish that the Mexican's speak, is a broken spanish. they are not the same. No wonder we can't get along.
I wouldn't let that distract you from learning Spanish, though. I learned "university Spanish" before I learned any "caliche" phrases. I can get along fine in any Spanish-speaking country, with few exceptions. I've got to tell you that Spanish, anywhere it is spoken, is a hundred times more uniformly spoken than English. We don't notice it, but anywhere English is spoken, it is done so with an incredibly vast etymological base, constructed by and large on a foundation of broken rules, implied meanings, and cryptic local phrases of unknown history.

Mastery of the English language is a huge linguistic endeavor, even for someone born into it...that's what makes our language so fucking cool.

A Salvadoran coworker of mine who has been here almost thirty years, speaks English well, and still struggles with euphemisms says, "Gringos always say 'Learn the language, speak English', and to that I say 'Fuck you, go build a rocketship! It's easier!'"

#616964 - 22/01/07 06:55 PM Re: GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually Canada's national anthem is sung in two different languages (French and English)...learn more HERE

As for the languages, I don't think it's that big of a deal...It's not like they're making YOU sing it or learn it in spanish right? I guess I just don't get what the hubbabaloo is all aboot, eh?
And Canada's OFFICIAL LANGUAGES (highlighted that last bit since you might be a bit slow...and you have Xterrapin backing you up which means your thinking must be flawed) of Canada are English and FRENCH. And (granted it's been a while since I lived in Canada) I do believe their national was written in both languages.

What is the official language of the United States of America? I'll give you a hint, it sure as hell isn't Spanish (or any form thereof).

RiNkY: you are correct, sir laugh

#616965 - 22/01/07 07:21 PM Re: GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, the US has NO national official language.

#616966 - 22/01/07 07:38 PM Re: GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MXO Chris:
Actually, the US has NO national official language.
Yeah, but what's the unofficial official language?

#616967 - 22/01/07 07:42 PM Re: GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
spanish, French, Latin, Greek, Russian, and 200+ others.
And sign language.

America is the boiling pot of the world. Get along with your fellow American like the rest of us do, or go live in the mountains in a shack and be all alone so that the rest of us can make fun of you.

#616968 - 22/01/07 08:03 PM Re: GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not trying to be an ass or a jackass or a stick in the mud, but this is the time in our lives that we can make a difference. Attitudes like yours are what is dragging us all down.

By you making a big deal about this, it is now in everyone that reads this vocabulary. This is now water cooler talk, then it will be dinner table talk, then it will be on the news, then you will post it here, then we will read it, then it will be water cooler talk,... see how this cycle goes round and round? When it gets that much publicity then it starts to grow all by itself and then you will bitch more and then the cycle starts all over.

As crazy as this sounds, shut up about it and it will go away all by itself. 'News cycle' is what it is called. The more it is talked about, the more it is talked about.

I don't want to get on my soap box ( but I would like to use the soap to wash out someones mouth ), but chill out man. This is America. We were formed by others from other countries speaking other languages. We speak English as the norm here in America. We have for 200 years, and we probably will for 200 more.

Learning languages is a good thing. Study up!

#616969 - 22/01/07 08:20 PM Re: GO USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Melting Pot: combines various ingredients to create a fairly uniform mixture from the respective ingredients.

Mosaic: takes individual pieces, keeping them whole, to create a picture/design yet still maintaining the various, distinct, pieces.

Comments welcome.

ETA: I have no issues learning other languages, I'm cool with that, hence why I took French from grade school to Freshman year in HS, and Spanish Sophomore to Sr. in HS.
I DO have a problem when the fawking illegal shits making it harder to get by without learning another language.

#616970 - 22/01/07 08:22 PM Re: GO USA
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

I don't think Canada is such a good example.

Quebec has a strong political party based solely on separtism. Many people in Quebec when polled would like to see themselves as a separate country.

It's a problem in Canada. It's not what can be called a very cohesive country. There is animosity because of the differences in people in Canada. Separate language has exasperated the problem more than most people would care to admit.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal