2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3107 - 07/02/07 09:43 AM Falling Apart at 50k
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just hit the 50k mileage mark on my 2004 X and it seems that it's falling apart. I've had basically no issues until this point. Now my window motors are real sluggish up front and look like they need to be replaced. I have a wierd noise coming from one of my drive belts. My bumper has mysteriously lost some screws and now rattles. I just replaced my front brakes and they still make tons of noise. And now i'm only getting about 230-250miles to the tank.

Other then just bitching, i would like to know if this is a common thing for the other X owners. Is there a magic number where i should start saving to fix things?

#3108 - 07/02/07 11:30 AM Re: Falling Apart at 50k
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
The window regulators are a common problem. Your getting better then i ever got in gas on my X, and u probably need to replace the belts.

#3109 - 07/02/07 11:43 AM Re: Falling Apart at 50k
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a little under 80K. At the most in my SC model, was 250 miles to a tank with premium. I also noticed a few screws popped off my plastic bumper (the far bottom center piece that is separate from the main bumper) and have it on my "to-do" list to repair this weekend. I blame the massive potholes we have in TX for the missing screws, and think it has nothing to do with the X.
The windows, yeah mine are slugs. I found the fastest way to get them up was to roll up the two driver's side windows first, then the two passenger side. (as opposed to both front windows and then both back. not sure why, but they do go up faster this way). But for 80K, the only major problem I have had was the steering gear box, which was replaced under warranty. Everything else has just been maintenance or little annoyances that go away with some TLC.

#3110 - 07/02/07 11:59 AM Re: Falling Apart at 50k
GrayHam Offline

No idea.

Never got close to 40K, let alone 50K . . . .

#3111 - 07/02/07 01:36 PM Re: Falling Apart at 50k
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nothing too big to worry about there. The windows regulators die early deaths. This is a common problem. The belts are getting old at this point and probably need to be replaced (regular maintenance). The bumper, well that thing's a piece of crap anyway, hence the strong aftermarket support. Gas mileage issue-come back with real numbers in mpg. Anything from 13-20 is accepted as normal.

The only thing that sounds "iffy" is the brakes. Maybe somebody will be able to offer up some help.

"magic numbers"... 100k for a new transmission if you've got an early model manual tranny (quite a few have bit the dust around this mark). 105k for a new timing belt. Search around for RMS and cracked manifold and you want to find a few big things to watch out for.

#3112 - 07/02/07 02:00 PM Re: Falling Apart at 50k
Anonymous
Unregistered

Brakes need to be re looked at... there is no reason for them to me be making noise.

Motor ... if they are going slow then it may just need the tracks cleaned.

Mileage you may want to check the knock sensor.

#3113 - 07/02/07 02:06 PM Re: Falling Apart at 50k
Anonymous
Unregistered

My last tank was 17mpg. Not bad for an SC X with 80K.

#3114 - 07/02/07 07:19 PM Re: Falling Apart at 50k
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Going on to 75,000 Miles on my 03' X, and so far, so good...However, I did have to replace the Front Brakes 2 times already and had a Broken Motor Mount replaced, but nothing major...never noticed any missing screws from the Stock Bumper (now replaced by a Shrock Bumper, Thank God)...Just take care of those annoying problems and you'll be Ok....Good Luck...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#3115 - 07/02/07 07:23 PM Re: Falling Apart at 50k
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
I just hit 40,000 miles today! The windows go up a little slow(big deal), the steering box has had a slow leak for a year now, the mileage sucks but I didn't buy it thinking I was buying a Civic. 8 more payments, then the bitch is mine! laugh

#3116 - 07/02/07 07:30 PM Re: Falling Apart at 50k
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
I got rid of mine at about 78,000 miles or so. Besides the window regulator on the driver's window, I had zero problems.

Then again, I was fanatical about taking care of it. Not saying that you're not, I might of just lucked out.

Usually the belts (at least on the older models) shit the bed about 100K or so. Looks like you got a bad belt. I too would also suggest having the brakes looked at again. You might get some dust noise, but nothing too serious. If it's more than the occasional squeak and they're brand new, get 'em checked out. Can't hurt.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal