2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#614202 - 18/02/07 06:35 AM Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX

#614203 - 18/02/07 07:20 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
[Spit]

#614204 - 18/02/07 09:13 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bit of a dumbass move really - Gotta hope the folks in the other car aren't packing if you pull that kinda shit here in AZ.

#614205 - 18/02/07 09:45 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Anonymous
Unregistered

2 years for a cup of ice? But in Vermont you can rape a kid and get 60 days. Fucked up justice system we have. :rolleyes: I am moving to Virginia in about 3 months so I will remember never to throw anything out of my truck.

#614206 - 18/02/07 04:06 PM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Virginia also has a law (a few years old) that can gain you a ticket for ANY kind of signalling (hand gestures, etc) to another driver - meaning they are trying to quell any kind of road rage.

Problem is, they could technically ticket you for flashing your lights at all - even if it's meant to signal to another driver that they can merge in front of you, or to signal to a driver that they have their brights on.

That being said, this woman could EASILY have caused an accident by throwing the cup. Even though 2 years is a bit ridiculous.

What I found even more fucked up is that her husband is over in Iraq fighting, yet she has to get food stamps. Now THAT is fucked up.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#614207 - 18/02/07 05:36 PM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
What I found even more fucked up is that her husband is over in Iraq fighting, yet she has to get food stamps. Now THAT is fucked up.
Yep. That is becasue we have to spend our tax money feeding, caring for, schooling and catering to illegal immigrants. Now THAT is fucked up.

#614208 - 18/02/07 05:38 PM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Anonymous
Unregistered

seems a bit harsh to me. i know i hate driving through Virginia. can't tell you how many times i have heard this, "in Virginia,....." first thing the cops say after stopping you when they see out of state plates.

#614209 - 18/02/07 06:16 PM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fronterra:
Quote:
[b]What I found even more fucked up is that her husband is over in Iraq fighting, yet she has to get food stamps. Now THAT is fucked up.
Yep. That is becasue we have to spend our tax money feeding, caring for, schooling and catering to illegal immigrants. Now THAT is fucked up.[/b]
A soldier's salary doesn't drop a little with each breach of the border. Military enlisted should be paid more, illegals should get legal (either by jumping through the hoops or by going back to their home nation) but one thing has nothing to do with the other.

#614210 - 18/02/07 08:26 PM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
OnlyOneDR Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MattyX:
[QUOTE]...but one thing has nothing to do with the other.
You're kidding yourself with that one and fooling no one else. The pie is only so big, and the majority of liberals out there (and soft-hearted others) all want social programs to take care of people's crap. Take more of the pie for social programs, that leaves less for other things. Did you look at how your tax dollars are spent? Read the back page of the 1040 uncle sam mailed you. In 2005 approximately 14% of every one of our tax dollars went to social program bullcrap that most people that acually pay the majority of taxes do not benefit from. It's complete bullcrap.

I'd rather spend 40% of our federal tax dollars on the military so we can keep the freeloaders out and oust the ones that are already here, then spend the rest of programs to get people off their butts and back to work.

Yes this is coming from someone bitter with government and taxes. I get to pay "full price" (read: no deductions) on my 1040 just because I am not a free loader and up to my ears in debt like half of america.

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#614211 - 19/02/07 06:37 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OnlyOneDR:
Quote:
Originally posted by MattyX:
[b][QUOTE]...but one thing has nothing to do with the other.
You're kidding yourself with that one and fooling no one else. The pie is only so big, and the majority of liberals out there (and soft-hearted others) all want social programs to take care of people's crap. Take more of the pie for social programs, that leaves less for other things. Did you look at how your tax dollars are spent? Read the back page of the 1040 uncle sam mailed you. In 2005 approximately 14% of every one of our tax dollars went to social program bullcrap that most people that acually pay the majority of taxes do not benefit from. It's complete bullcrap.

I'd rather spend 40% of our federal tax dollars on the military so we can keep the freeloaders out and oust the ones that are already here, then spend the rest of programs to get people off their butts and back to work.

Yes this is coming from someone bitter with government and taxes. I get to pay "full price" (read: no deductions) on my 1040 just because I am not a free loader and up to my ears in debt like half of america.[/b]
Please. Social programs are causing it?

The government already spends 40% on the military.

You can't say a percentage of your income tax goes to social security - that's a different tax. Medicare - same thing. Different tax.

And you might want to talk to Bush about the pie being "only so big." Guess that's why the debt keeps rising.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#614212 - 19/02/07 08:01 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I'd rather spend 40% of our federal tax dollars on the military
Do a bit of looking into it and you'll be quite pleased with what you find.

Trying to turn this chick's use of food stamps into an illegal immigration debate seems like a stretch to me. If you want talk about illegal immigration, start a thead about it. That might attract some of the insane stupid fuckers who want to start running death squads along the borders. Those guys are always good for a laugh. [Freak]

#614213 - 19/02/07 08:38 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
You know I never quite understand the we don't pay our soldiers enough debate. Before you all toast me, here is what my experience was and that was back in the day. I could live on $10 a month when I was in. My lodging was paid for, meals at the mess hall were free, medical free, dental free, insurance free, clothes (intitial issue) free, they took care of my every need. You are right we don't pay an E-1 enough to have a family but the military in my opinion is not there for E-1's to have cars and raise a 1/2 dozen kids.

#614214 - 19/02/07 08:39 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Please. Social programs are causing it?

You can't say a percentage of your income tax goes to social security - that's a different tax. Medicare - same thing. Different tax.

And you might want to talk to Bush about the pie being "only so big." Guess that's why the debt keeps rising.
How does the federal government spend 40% on the military?

The federal budget is now over $2.9 trillion.

40% of that IS NOT going to the military.

#614215 - 19/02/07 08:42 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
NY Madman Offline

Another note...

Regarding food stamps..... A soldiers salary in some states does qualify for food stamps. It also depends on things like number of dependents, etc.

Another thing regarding food stamps..... Haven't we all seen people in the supermarket paying with food stamps who were wearing expensive clothes, then loaded their groceries into an expensive car.

Our system is loaded with fraud and abuse.

#614216 - 19/02/07 08:53 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]Please. Social programs are causing it?

How does the federal government spend 40% on the military?

The federal budget is now over $2.9 trillion.

40% of that IS NOT going to the military.[/b]
Are you including social security and medicare?

Those are two HUGE social programs. But they are a different tax than income tax.

#614217 - 19/02/07 08:58 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Are you including social security and medicare?

Those are two HUGE social programs. But they are a different tax than income tax.
Why should I have to include anything.

I'm addressing your claim that 40% goes to the military.

Take a look at that $2.9 trillion budget and get back to us with what percentage is spent on the military.

#614218 - 19/02/07 09:45 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
You know I never quite understand the we don't pay our soldiers enough debate. Before you all toast me, here is what my experience was and that was back in the day. I could live on $10 a month when I was in. My lodging was paid for, meals at the mess hall were free, medical free, dental free, insurance free, clothes (intitial issue) free, they took care of my every need. You are right we don't pay an E-1 enough to have a family but the military in my opinion is not there for E-1's to have cars and raise a 1/2 dozen kids.
and also, everyone is in the military by their own free will, so they should consider the pay in on the thought process and not bitch about it...

#614219 - 19/02/07 09:51 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
I agree...how ever I think there maybe a difference in the Natioal Guard. We got activated a couple time when I left regular duty. Luckily the company I work for made up the difference in salary. I knew a few guys that weren't so lucky. They left or were called out of 60k-70k a year jobs to active where they were making 1/2 or less than that.

#614220 - 19/02/07 07:45 PM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
OnlyOneDR Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]Are you including social security and medicare?

Why should I have to include anything.

I'm addressing your claim that 40% goes to the military.

Take a look at that $2.9 trillion budget and get back to us with what percentage is spent on the military.[/b]
~20% to the actual military, ~3% to veterans benefits. (2005 figures)

And no, I wasn't including social security and medicare with my original comment. Two more taxes I have to "grin and bear" but will probably never get to benefit from myself.

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#614221 - 20/02/07 07:52 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
~20% to the actual military, ~3% to veterans benefits. (2005 figures)
It was more than 20%.

I find for 2006:

28.5% military.
3.7% veterans benefits.

And as far as I know, those don't include interest the DoD is paying.

#614222 - 20/02/07 07:57 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]~20% to the actual military, ~3% to veterans benefits. (2005 figures)
It was more than 20%.

I find for 2006:

28.5% military.
3.7% veterans benefits.

And as far as I know, those don't include interest the DoD is paying.[/b]
Probably also doesn't include Iraq/Afganastan or the military related DOE spending. I don't have a link, but I read that somewhere at some point.

Enough of this - I'm off to go skiing. [Wave]

#614223 - 20/02/07 08:08 AM Re: Damn Virginia is a fucked up state
NY Madman Offline

The military budget for 2007 is $532.8 billion. The federal budget is a little over $2.9 trillion.

What is that? It seems about 17-18% of the federal budget.

Veterans Affairs are mostly included in the budget of other federal agencies. Not the Dept. of Defense.

Other things like the war in Iraq or Afghanistan are supplemental spending bills not included in the DoD budget.

Congress spends much more money than is included in the federal budget. All supplemental spending and additional appropriations such as pork and other earmarks are not included in the federal budget.

There is no social security fund either. All that money that is deducted from people's paychecks through payroll taxes goes into the federal governments "general fund". Congress spends the money at will. It does not save the money.

The government just keeps track of what you pay in payroll taxes. The government spends it as soon as they get it. Future wage earners will be paying your social security when the time comes.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal