2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#582445 - 19/03/07 03:23 AM 2002 SE / SC
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all, got a question that I thought I would feild... I'm looking at buying a used X 02- 04. I found an 02 SE/SC for $13 500CAD looks prety good, however it's got 130 000 kilometers on it. Reading the forums it seems as this is a relaible rig, but what is likely to go wrong around that mileage. And just how much more am I going to get out of it, will it be worth anything in the end if I do put another 60k on it? Thanks in adavnce for the advice.

Xkursion

#582446 - 19/03/07 04:49 AM Re: 2002 SE / SC
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Some people have had troubles with the supercharger so do your homework before you buy.

#582447 - 19/03/07 05:27 AM Re: 2002 SE / SC
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
I've got the same model with almost the same mileage, in the last year I've had to:

replace power steering box
replace crash sensor
get three alignments (three different shops and it still pulls to the right)
replace blinker relay
replace trunk hatch lock
replace fan belt
replace front brakes (pads and rotors)
new tires (this was a mod really)

now to be fair some of this stuff is just normal wear and tear but the others; they're things to be aware of as some fellow members have also suffered similar problems.

On the other hand I was looking into trading mine in for a '07 and the dealer offered me the same price for mine on a trade, sounds like yours may be a good deal...but have a mechanic check it out before you seal the deal...just in case.

I didn't trade it in - in case you were wondering.
I just bit the bullet and did what I could to keep her running like new. I just love it so much.

#582448 - 19/03/07 08:20 AM Re: 2002 SE / SC
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Hey! Another member from Ottawa! Welcome to XOC!

If you haven't already, You can also check out www.nissantruckclub.com . It's a bit more local to us, although not specific to Xterra's like XOC is.

Anyways, on with the show!

I have the exact same model as the one you are looking at and aside from the gas mileage, I have had a couple of issues, mostly related to wear and tear, some not. I’m happy with the truck, and I would buy it again given the opportunity.

First off, if you aren't aware already, the Xterra is a gas guzzling beast. Don’t try and fool yourself into thinking that the costs of driving the truck aren’t that bad, because they are. You can either choose to accept it, or you can choose to move on and choose another vehicle.

With ANY used vehicle, it totally depends on how it was taken care of before you got/get it, so like was said earlier, try to inform yourself as best you can about the X, and then verify that against the truck you are looking at.

Now, I purchased my beast @ Smith Falls Nissan (don't EVER go there for ANYTHING) and to be honest, I thought at first I had bought a lemon from them. I had more then a few issues, but they were more dealership related then they were with the truck.

Anyways, long story short, the Supercharger needed replacement, along with a broken rear right shock, and the upper control arm bushing on the driver side, and the slide for the driver seat was a bit messed up. These are all things that the dealership should have taken care of before they sold it to me, but they didn't, and I just got tired of dealing with them, and having to drive back and forth to have them fix something they should have taken care of in the first place.

In the end, I took it to 417 Nissan because I had a friend working there that I trusted, and without even mentioning that there was anything wrong with the truck, they found everything, and fixed it all under warranty because the truck only had 65,000 Kms on it at the time.

So, like has been done before, I would have YOUR mechanic check it for you before you purchase anything. If you can, take it to a Nissan dealership that you trust, and have them do the once over and check everything.

Good luck!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal