Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#617014 - 17/03/07 12:26 PM Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know if anyone else here uses bluetooth (or how many of you are annoyed at all the other people talking on these things)... but I posted a blog regarding the subject.

Have a look here:

http://activerain.com/blogsview/59261/Bluetooth-Etiquette

#617015 - 17/03/07 12:40 PM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
skiterra Offline

Loc: Toronto
I have never understood why people when in a store/office/home/mall are set on leaving the headset on their ears.

Stick it in your pocket. The phone is going to ring no matter where it is. Nice points BTW.

I try and limit my use of it to the car, since it is much easier to drive while not having a blackberry stuck to your ear.

#617016 - 17/03/07 01:56 PM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

I listen to mp3's through mine smile

But I do think it's rude to wear it when talking to someone in person. I have a Plantronics 640, and it comes with a nifty pocket holder/charger that happens to vibrate when you get a call. It's the only way to go.

Also, Blackberry sux wink Windows Mobile is the only way to go.

#617017 - 17/03/07 02:12 PM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraAdam:

Right on!

#617018 - 17/03/07 05:24 PM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
x3, love my Q!
Whenever I see the idiots that walk around with those in their ear all the time I always think of Lando's assistant-

[LOL]

#617019 - 17/03/07 06:25 PM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
How about the Macintoshes, “Big Mac” with Bluetooth? laugh

Anyway, I have a friend that lives with one stuck in his ear. I will be talking to him about something, he will reply “yes”, I think he is answering me, but he is saying yes to his dang phone so it will accept a call… I hate that. mad

#617020 - 17/03/07 07:06 PM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:

Anyway, I have a friend that lives with one stuck in his ear. I will be talking to him about something, he will reply “yes”, I think he is answering me, but he is saying yes to his dang phone so it will accept a call… I hate that. mad
I totally agree with you on that one. I have a friend that does the same shit all the time. I usually just stop talking to him when he does that. It'd be nice to say "hang on, I have to take this".

#617021 - 18/03/07 02:29 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I stopped using my bluetooth about a month ago. Got tired of asking people to repeat themselves 50 times! I don't know if it's the bluetooth or my phone, but it sucks ass, especially if I'm talking to someone else who is also on one. So, I've gone back to my wired earpiece for now. I mostly just use them when driving anyway and I have to have something... it's just not possible to hold a friggen phone to your head while trying to steer 75 feet of truck around, shift gears, shave, and cuss at other drivers all at the same time! [LOL]

#617022 - 18/03/07 07:22 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use it in the X or if I'm paged at home and I'm on a marathon conference call.

I don't understand the folks that walk around with them in all the time - it takes all of 4 seconds to hang it off your ear.

#617023 - 18/03/07 07:51 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AHTOXA:
Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:
[b]
I totally agree with you on that one. I have a friend that does the same shit all the time. I usually just stop talking to him when he does that. It'd be nice to say "hang on, I have to take this".[/b]
Just call your friend when you need to talk to him. He'll get the message.

#617024 - 18/03/07 12:04 PM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by XterraAdam:
I listen to mp3's through mine smile

But I do think it's rude to wear it when talking to someone in person. I have a Plantronics 640, and it comes with a nifty pocket holder/charger that happens to vibrate when you get a call. It's the only way to go.

Does the 640 support A2DP? I've been trying to find a solo ear headset that supports it.

#617025 - 18/03/07 02:30 PM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Does the 640 support A2DP? I've been trying to find a solo ear headset that supports it.
Yes, works fine. The headset will accept anything the phone pushes to it.

I downloaded an app to spoof the A2DP, I'll look for it.

#617026 - 19/03/07 03:07 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Outstanding. Thanks a lot Adam.. 5 truck for you!

#617027 - 19/03/07 07:54 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
I think everyone knows my thoughts on this subject... Lord knows, I've posted it enough. I travel for a living and I believe the problem isn't with the technology, but with the idiots who use it incorrectly.

If you are a Blackberry user, you're destined to buy a bluetooth earpiece since the Blackberry sucks as a phone. My earpiece works flawlessy and its super comfortable. The thing most people don't get is, you don't have to SCREAM to use it. I can whisper and my wife can hear me.

The other problem is the earpiece seems to give people a false sense of importance. The phrase, "I've landed and I'm heading to the rental car counter" is a completely useless one, and probably not a phrase EVER used prior to the invention of the cell phone. Nevertheless, it makes people feel 50x more important if they can say it with a widget in their ear.

I have a BlackJack now and I love it. The only thing I need the ear piece for anymore is for those one hour evening meetings when I like to be ambulatory while I talk/listen.

One day for sure, you'll all hear a news story about me going crazy in an airport somewhere... ripping those damn things out of the ears of the idiots and flinging them into the nearest deep fat fryers in the airport Burger King.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#617028 - 19/03/07 08:17 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

I really don't like these things... much like my old blackberry, my earpiece has become a paperweight in the house.

I find that my Treo 700p is the best phone ever. When I'm driving I can easily turn on speakerphone, and when I'm anywhere else the phone doesn't feel too bulky for my taste.

#617029 - 19/03/07 08:30 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Claus Offline

I have my office drawer full of these (3-4) I stopped using it after I realized that I am not such an important person that I can not reach for my pocket and excuse myself.

I have the Nokia handssfree bluetooth carkit in the X and LOVE it. Easy to install works with any Blue tooth phone. the phone rings the music is automatically turned off.

Nice post ! [ThumbsUp]

#617030 - 19/03/07 09:26 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Outstanding. Thanks a lot Adam.. 5 truck for you!
Thanks!

and here's the app I use:

http://www.freewareppc.com/communication/bluetoothaudio.shtml

#617031 - 19/03/07 09:27 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use my bluetooth all the time, however, when I'm not talking on it, it goes into it's "holster" dealy bob (Plantronics 655).
I use it for my T-Mobile MDA as the screen quickly turns nasty if talking on it like a regular phone. I do not use the bluetooth feature on my personal phone (PEBL) as it's actually easier to just answer it manually.

We have a guy @ work who always has his in (used with his BB) and you can never tell when he's actually talking to you or it, because he makes eye contact with you while answering the phone...wtf? At least ask me to hold on and look away from me.

#617032 - 19/03/07 09:44 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use my bluetooth headset all the time...on the playstation 3 that is. I also like to use it in the car, otherwise its just easier to pick up my SLVR and hold it to my ear.

#617033 - 19/03/07 10:41 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Maybe I'm going out on a limb here... but maybe I'm not.

I think it is safe to say that the people who walk around all day with their bluetooth headpieces on are major assholes.

I'm not talking about people wearing them in their cars or the people who use them to multitask on the job and have their hands free for other tasks.

I'm talking about the people who wear them walking down the street. The people who wear them walking around the mall. The people who wear them in restaurants. The idiots wearing them and talking while on line in any store... especially while the cashier is trying to talk to them about something.

No one is that busy and no one is that important.

But basically, the bluetooth headpiece assholes are just the next evolution that has taken place in our cell phone society. Many people don't have much manners when it comes to cell phone etiquette regarding using the handsets either.

Regardless of where you go today, it seems like you always have to endure listening to other people's completely inane telephone conversations.

#617034 - 19/03/07 10:44 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
babyX Offline

Apparently, I'm just not on the phone often enough. My cell phone calls consist of "Baby, I'm at the grocery store. Do we need anything besides milk?" All I ever use my SLVR for is sending text messages and taking pictures when my regular camera's not handy.

Bluetooth headsets are a major annoyance in the wrong hands, but what I can't yet figure out is why anyone (mostly men) would wear their phone on their belt. Does it really ruin the line of your jeans to put it in your pocket? Unless your phone rings every 30 seconds, give me a break.

#617035 - 19/03/07 11:48 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Claus Offline

i take the train to and from work when i do not need my truck for sales. Sitting on the train I have made it a little sport to search out bluetooth connections and request pairing. fun to see someone 2 rows down utter...someone is trying to hack my phone ...lol.

a few rules I live by:

1. in public my phone is always on vibrate.
2. if I need to take the call I find a spot where it is not bugging others
3. if a spot is not available people can leave mme a voicemail.

Nothing more annoying to listen to a woman trying to reprimand her kid over the phone.

#617036 - 19/03/07 11:54 AM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
Just saw a funny Keystone Light commercial about this subject. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfJb1E3fnHs

#617037 - 19/03/07 12:52 PM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:

but what I can't yet figure out is why anyone (mostly men) would wear their phone on their belt. Does it really ruin the line of your jeans to put it in your pocket? Unless your phone rings every 30 seconds, give me a break.
I kept my old phone on its belt clip because it stuck me in the thigh every time I bent over or sat down with it. Plus it was impossible to get to when it did ring when it was buried in my jeans.

There certainly wasn't any 'status symbol' associated with keeping a phone on a belt. It's simply just the least invasive place to keep it. You noted that it's mostly men doing this - that's because women carry purses where a phone can go and be non-invasive. Men don't have that luxury.

#617038 - 19/03/07 01:18 PM Re: Bluetooth Etiquette
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
Just saw a funny Keystone Light commercial about this subject. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfJb1E3fnHs
That commercial was definitely part of the inspiration for me writing the blog post. [Spit]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal