Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#596581 - 15/05/07 02:55 PM Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Darn.. who will tell us how much god needs your money now?

One less religious "i\'m better than you and need your money" in the world

#596582 - 15/05/07 02:57 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a Christian, I just have to say...

.....FINALLY! Now if only Pat Robertson will go tits up and stop making the rest of us look bad.

#596583 - 15/05/07 03:08 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
As a Christian....
Jesus doesn't like liberal deviants like you. [Finger]

#596584 - 15/05/07 03:08 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:

.....FINALLY! Now if only Pat Robertson will go tits up and stop making the rest of us look bad.
Eh....there are and there will be others......

wink

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#596585 - 15/05/07 03:09 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

The whole "moral majority" deal was before my time, so I'm not really too familiar with it. I do seem to recall that this was the nutjob that went off on one of the tele-tubbies for supposedly being gay, however.

#596586 - 15/05/07 05:09 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where's he gonna be buried?

#596587 - 15/05/07 08:06 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
In hell, hopefully.

Yes, I was raised to not disrespect the dead, but...

Fuck him.

#596588 - 15/05/07 10:55 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm only asking, in case I'm nearby and I have to take a shit.

#596589 - 15/05/07 11:48 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
I'm only asking, in case I'm nearby and I have to take a shit.
You'll have to get in line behind Larry Flynt.

#596590 - 16/05/07 08:07 AM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:

You'll have to get in line behind Larry Flynt.
According to Larry Flynt, he and Falwell became friends over the years.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah5356.shtml

Quote:
Larry Flynt:

" I hated everything he stood for, but after meeting him in person, years after the trial, Jerry Falwell and I became good friends. He would visit me in California and we would debate together on college campuses. I always appreciated his sincerity even though I knew what he was selling and he knew what I was selling."
He did say some stupid things over the years, but he usually either clarified what he said or apologized for getting something wrong.

One thing I can say about the guy is that I think he was unfairly attacked by many people over the years for the sole reason being that he held himself out as a conservative. Some of it may have been because of the Christian aspect, but the Christian left is NEVER attacked by the media and the so-called progressives.

The media did often reduce him to a caricature. Some of it was his own fault but much was not.

What was never discussed about him was all of the good things he has done for people over the years. His charitable work and the schools he built. He gave free scholarships to many people who would not have had an education otherwise.

It's easy to criticize a guy like Falwell, but one thing is certain. He has done more goods things than any of his critics have ever done or will ever do.

#596591 - 16/05/07 10:07 AM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
He did say some stupid things over the years, but he usually either clarified what he said or apologized for getting something wrong.[/QB]
You mean "stupid" like this?
Quote:
JERRY FALWELL: And I agree totally with you that the Lord has protected us so wonderfully these 225 years. And since 1812, this is the first time that we've been attacked on our soil and by far the worst results. And I fear, as Donald Rumsfeld, the Secretary of Defense, said yesterday, that this is only the beginning. And with biological warfare available to these monsters -- the Husseins, the Bin Ladens, the Arafats -- what we saw on Tuesday, as terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact -- if, in fact -- God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.

PAT ROBERTSON: Jerry, that's my feeling. I think we've just seen the antechamber to terror. We haven't even begun to see what they can do to the major population.

JERRY FALWELL: The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this.

PAT ROBERTSON: Well yes.

JERRY FALWELL: And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system..

JERRY FALWELL: Pat, did you notice yesterday the ACLU and all the Christ-haters, People For the American Way, NOW, etc. were totally disregarded by the Democrats and the Republicans in both houses of Congress as they went out on the steps and called out on to God in prayer and sang "God Bless America" and said "let the ACLU be hanged". In other words, when the nation is on its knees, the only normal and natural and spiritual thing to do is what we ought to be doing all the time - calling upon God. ~~~

PAT ROBERTSON: > Amen
Screw Falwell. There's no explaining that.

#596592 - 16/05/07 10:27 AM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

You mean "stupid" like this?
Yes. That was a stupid comment.

As far as what I have read, he apologized for saying that.

If you are going to make a list of everyone who has made similar and stupid comments regarding the 9-11 attacks.... you are going to be making a very long list. Most of whom will be on the political left.

#596593 - 16/05/07 10:46 AM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
RedX Offline

And we're off on another XOC political thread......Gentlemen.....START YOUR ENGINES!

laugh

#596594 - 16/05/07 10:47 AM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that entire discussion qualifies as something a little beyond just "stupid."

#596595 - 16/05/07 11:03 AM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
I think that entire discussion qualifies as something a little beyond just "stupid."
Coming from a guy who defends Rosie O'Donnell and some of her lunatic 9-11 comments and theories, your opinion of what qualifies as beyond stupid will be taken for what it is worth.

#596596 - 16/05/07 11:15 AM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I think that entire discussion qualifies as something a little beyond just "stupid."
Coming from a guy who defends Rosie O'Donnell and some of her lunatic 9-11 comments and theories, your opinion of what qualifies as beyond stupid will be taken for what it is worth.[/b]
I don't recall ever defending Rosie O'Donnell. In fact, in the only discussion I recall having recently that involved her, I beleive I indicated that I agreed with you that she was a nutjob but then challenged you to name a nutjob on the other side of the spectrum (which you failed to do).

If you can find someplace that I did actually defend "Rosie O'Donnell and some of her lunatic 9-11 comments and theories," I'd sure like a link so I could read it for myself.

What I find curious is your apparent obsession with Rosie O'Donnell. I've noticed that everytime her name pops up you join the thread in short order. [Freak]

#596597 - 16/05/07 11:40 AM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

I don't recall ever defending Rosie O'Donnell. In fact, in the only discussion I recall having recently that involved her, I beleive I indicated that I agreed with you that she was a nutjob but then challenged you to name a nutjob on the other side of the spectrum (which you failed to do).
You didn't agree that she was a nutjob. I don't recall using the term nutjob either. I believe I stated she a leftist conspiracy loon.

You had a big problem with her being labeled as a "leftist". If I recall you also wanted to bizarrely compare and even equate her to people with radio shows.

For some reason you cannot come to the realization that extremists like her are tolerated on mainstream television only when they are of the left.

You didn't make an overt defense of her, but your objections to what was said about her was tantamount to defending her.

Quote:
What I find curious is your apparent obsession with Rosie O'Donnell. I've noticed that everytime her name pops up you join the thread in short order. [Freak]
I don't have an obsession with her. She is a controversial person. She is also in the news and/or newspapers several times a week with the things she says.

Also when discussing bizarre 9-11 comments, who else has recently made such bizarre comments other then her. It was more than apt to use her as a current example.

#596598 - 16/05/07 12:34 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:

[b]I don't recall ever defending Rosie O'Donnell. In fact, in the only discussion I recall having recently that involved her, I beleive I indicated that I agreed with you that she was a nutjob but then challenged you to name a nutjob on the other side of the spectrum (which you failed to do).
You didn't agree that she was a nutjob. I don't recall using the term nutjob either. I believe I stated she a leftist conspiracy loon.

You had a big problem with her being labeled as a "leftist". If I recall you also wanted to bizarrely compare and even equate her to people with radio shows.

For some reason you cannot come to the realization that extremists like her are tolerated on mainstream television only when they are of the left.

You didn't make an overt defense of her, but your objections to what was said about her was tantamount to defending her.

Quote:
I don't have an obsession with her. She is a controversial person. She is also in the news and/or newspapers several times a week with the things she says.

Also when discussing bizarre 9-11 comments, who else has recently made such bizarre comments other then her. It was more than apt to use her as a current example.[/b]
Uh-huh. So basically you're completely full of shit. Got it.

Anybody that wants to read the thread he's referring to can check here.

#596599 - 16/05/07 12:57 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

And where I am I full of shit?

Other then the fact that i did call her a lunatic, my recollection was fairly accurate.

#596600 - 16/05/07 01:05 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Uh-huh. So basically you're completely full of shit. Got it.

[/b]
Quote:
Coming from a guy who defends Rosie O'Donnell and some of her lunatic 9-11 comments and theories
hth

#596601 - 16/05/07 01:32 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:

Amen!

#596602 - 16/05/07 01:47 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

[b]Uh-huh. So basically you're completely full of shit. Got it.

[/b]
Quote:
Coming from a guy who defends Rosie O'Donnell and some of her lunatic 9-11 comments and theories
hth[/b]
So you are saying by attempting an attack on any right wing media in a discussion about RO's leftism, is not in any way a defacto defense of her?

I'm just trying to wonder if that comes from the lawyer in you or the liberal in you. confused

#596603 - 16/05/07 02:04 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

[/b]
Quote:
hth[/b]
So you are saying by attempting an attack on any right wing media in a discussion about RO's leftism, is not in any way a defacto defense of her?

I'm just trying to wonder if that comes from the lawyer in you or the liberal in you. confused

I wasn't attacking anything or anybody, I was simply giving you an opportunity to prove your objectivity and point to RO's equivalent on the other side (ie, a loud mouthed ignorant moron from the other side). I specifically stated that I didn't disagree with your view on RO, and I still don't. You just always fire in one direction and I wanted to see if you were capable of firing in the other direction. You apparently aren't.

Call me liberal if you want. I've been called conservative too.

#596604 - 16/05/07 02:08 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
RedX Offline

Quote:
.....and point to RO's equivalent on the other side (ie, a loud mouthed ignorant moron from the other side)........
I think he just died yesterday.... wink

#596605 - 16/05/07 02:08 PM Re: Awwww Moral Majority founder Falwell dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll take the bait, pnwbeers.

Madman is a conservative Rosie O'Donnell. Only not famous, less funny, and really into snuff films.

There, Madman. I did all the work for you. You're welcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal