Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#10883 - 08/08/07 02:06 PM Adding power door locks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone installed power door locks? I have a 06 Xterra, I would like to install power door locks, is there a kit? a website and/or link with instructions and pictures? Where would I get the parts needed? ....thx....tom

#10884 - 08/08/07 02:57 PM Re: Adding power door locks
Anonymous
Unregistered

truck stuff usa has the "electric life" power door locks aftermarket kits. 2door for 129.00 4 door for 169.99 ... you can reach them at 888 480 4060. i have not ordered anything from them but the kits are used as standard features in german and european cars. good luck

#10885 - 09/08/07 09:32 PM Re: Adding power door locks
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am interested in adding power door locks too so I opened up one of the rear doors to have a look. Nissan did not pre-wire for the power door locks so wires will have to be run through the boots that carry the speaker wires. Most importantly, the lock mechanism is totally enclosed in a plastic shell and is operated by sheathed cables. This is evident when looking at Courtesy Nissan's online catalog. It may be quite difficult to find a way to link the pushrods from the Electric Life actuators into the lock mechanism.

Looking in Courtesy Nissan's online catalog, it appears that there are two different lock mechanisms for the front doors, one without power and one with the actuator integrated into it. Similarly, there are two different lock mechanisms for the rear doors, one without power and one to go with an actuator. I think that it all comes to about $500-$600. Then there is the issue of finding appropriate connectors.

It appears that the best way may be to find a vehicle in a scrap yard and remove the door lock mechanisms, switches and part of the wiring harnesses.

Any other ideas?

Phil

#10886 - 19/08/07 10:01 AM Re: Adding power door locks
Anonymous
Unregistered

if you are considering a car alarm or a keyless entry system you can go to your local car toys best buy, circuit city, ect.. they have door lock actuators on hand and can install them with a keyless entry system or alarm... this will give you a remote as well.... i did this in a 01 xterra last week with a remote start system and i took me about 30 minutes to install the actuators.... if you have never done this before it will take you a bit longer... but you will save about 100 bucks if you install them your self. at best buy we normally charge about 50 bucks a door to do this... the actuators are about 30 bucks. themselves. a basic keyless entry system will cost aroud 130 dollers and up depending on what you want done. i hope this helps

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal