Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#614099 - 23/09/07 05:38 AM Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pretty interesting..it's a list by state and then broken down to each town of haunted places. If your ever bored maybe somthing to do...

Link

#614100 - 23/09/07 07:40 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Interesting. I'm sure the usual suspects on here will find someting to argue and whine about. [LOL]

#614101 - 23/09/07 08:10 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
BigE515 Offline

Massachusetts-Tyngsboro-The Old Church-...ya, I'd say the cellar is pretty freaky, I remember when I was about 13 and the phone wouldn't stop ringing, everytime I picked it up I could hear the Beatles playing. Weird. The steeple is even worse though, especially by yourself. I'm surprised Dunstable, MA didn't make the list, the old railroad bed and people claiming to hear a train whistle. haha
Massachusetts-Billerica-Dudley Road-The Nunnery-..When I worked for Billerca PD-we had to send a cruiser down there on Halloween because kids were always driving down the road because they heard that "the road is haunted" Kids were driving with their lights off or walking up to the nunnery. I had a blast scaring them, hitting the siren when they approached me walking in the dark or driving with no lights. I scared a group of kids by doing the flashlight under the chin thing, "Goooooooo hoooome!! This is the Poliiiiiiiiice, the road isn't haunted. Go to your hoooooommmmmmmework!" [LOL]

#614102 - 23/09/07 08:23 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool a couple really close to me.

#614103 - 23/09/07 08:24 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
"Goooooooo hoooome!! This is the Poliiiiiiiiice, the road isn't haunted. Go to your hoooooommmmmmmework!" [LOL]
[LOL] [ThumbsUp]

#614104 - 23/09/07 08:42 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
"Duarte - Spaghetti Factory - Employees of the Spaghetti Factory claim to hear children playing in the rest room areas in the basement, dishes also fall to the floor, said to be the children playing games."

Man-o-man... Just had dinner here last nite with several friends... Before our group left, I need to go "drain the lizard" so I went downstairs to the basement area where the bathrooms are... No was around and it was kinda chilly in the men's restroom too... But I figured they leave the A/C on all the time...

After reading the comments above, I started to get goosebumps... Hhahahhahaha... Freakin' eh... I didn't hear kids playing around though... Just the instrumental musicals that you can hear from upstairs... Nonetheless, it felt a little erie, but nothing I can say that would scare the shit outta me...

- Air B eek

#614105 - 23/09/07 08:42 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a great site. I had forgotten about it, thanks for posting it. Now me and the boys can go out and scare the begeebers out of ourselves.

#614106 - 23/09/07 08:47 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, too bad my girlfriend is a chicken..I'd like to go to some of these places..a lot of them are close to me too..

#614107 - 23/09/07 10:05 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Ha! under ohio:

Oxford - Miami University - Reid Hall - is haunted due to a murder that occurred many years ago. There was shooting spree after a boy thought his girlfriend was cheating on him and the bloody handprints on the door in the second floor will not go away.

I lived in that dorm Freshman year (I believe it has been torn down in the last couple years for a new academic building).

The actual story, from Miami's website:

A pair of varnished handprints preserved on Reid Hall door are a grim reminder of a crime that occurred there over 40 years ago. On the night of May 9, 1959, Reid Hall RA Roger Sayles was shot and killed while attempting to break up a quarrel between two men in the Hall. According to accounts of the crime, the dying Sayles fell bleeding onto a nearby door, leaving two bloody handprints. His assailant fled to a phone booth on the second floor of Ogden Hall where he ended his own life with a shot through the head. Today, it is claimed that Sayles' handprints can still be seen, preserved with varnish on the Reid Hall door upon which he fell dying in 1959.

Of course, why wouldn't they simply replace the door?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#614108 - 23/09/07 10:24 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been to a ton of the places in Virginia. I've had to work in the hotel on Fort Monroe in Hampton in the attic. And we heard all sorts of wierd stuff and had the lights turn on and off. We were working on the cellsite in the attic and hotel was closed down. We had the only keys to the hotel and it was locked up tight.

#614109 - 23/09/07 11:18 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
Pretty cool site, I saw a couple of unexplained things during my time in New Mexico. Luckily I wasnt alone and we were sober for the majority of them so they actually seem credible to me.
SWXC Member #74

#614110 - 23/09/07 07:36 PM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
BigE515 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mitch1351:
This is a great site. I had forgotten about it, thanks for posting it. Now me and the boys can go out and scare the begeebers out of ourselves.
I want to go get freaked out now too after reading that and talking about it with friends today! [LOL]

#614111 - 23/09/07 08:06 PM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jerome Grand Hotel in Arizona is listed. I've stayed there 3 times. I can vouch.

My wife got scared half to death there by what she is sure was a full apparition. Never heard such a scream in the middle of the night.

Neat place too.

#614112 - 23/09/07 09:58 PM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
It's all a bunch of bullshit.

There is no such thing as ghosts haunting people or places.

It's people's fears and their own overactive imaginations getting the best of them.

What's next? Little green men visiting the earth? The Mothman being spotted down the street? The Jersey devil actually showing up for a NJ Devils game? [Freak]

#614113 - 23/09/07 11:15 PM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Los Angeles, CA: Shahram's master bathroom. Some report that each evening, Shahram's family is haunted by the Ghost of Breakfast Past.

Dude, that's crazy, how did they know that?

#614114 - 23/09/07 11:23 PM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

It's people's fears and their own overactive imaginations getting the best of them.
Really? We never woulda figured that out on our own.

Thanks, Captain Obvious!

#614115 - 23/09/07 11:44 PM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:

Quote:
[b]It's all a bunch of bullshit.

Really? We never woulda figured that out on our own.

Thanks, Captain Obvious![/b]
It seems that it is not too obvious.

It may be obvious to you and I. From reading the thread, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Do you actually read threads prior to responding?

#614116 - 24/09/07 04:56 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
Heeeeeeere we go.... :rolleyes:

#614117 - 24/09/07 06:37 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Interesting. I'm sure the usual suspects on here will find someting to argue and whine about. [LOL]
Looks like it laugh

#614118 - 24/09/07 06:45 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Of course, why wouldn't they simply replace the door?
Yeah, and why can't I find a picture of the door online anywhere...one would suppose if you could see the handprints, someone would have posted a picture of the door...

#614119 - 24/09/07 06:55 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Poppy Cock

#614120 - 24/09/07 06:56 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
BigE515 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
[b]Interesting. I'm sure the usual suspects on here will find someting to argue and whine about. [LOL]
Looks like it laugh [/b]
Maybe a Clubhouse Moderator will actually delete the posts. :rolleyes:

#614121 - 24/09/07 08:29 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

What's next? Little green men visiting the earth? The Mothman being spotted down the street? The Jersey devil actually showing up for a NJ Devils game? [Freak]
Entirely baseless and subjective comment. I'm as much a skeptic as anyone, but between experiences at that hotel and others in the ghost town of Kirwin, WY, I have yet to come up with a more logical explanation. Until I do, I'll stick with the claims.

#614122 - 24/09/07 09:02 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
Anonymous
Unregistered

From the California section: "Bodega Bay - - Reports of a Vortex here, strange unexplainable things happen to people as well as animals."

This one is real. There is photographic proof.

#614123 - 24/09/07 09:49 AM Re: Somthing we can't argue about..
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
San Jose - Chuck E cheese - Ghost of Girl on third floor.

Dude!!! - I remember that! When I was little, my sister telling me about that one.. some kid died in the giant cheese maze there and her ghost is supposedly haunting the place.

there are several others pretty close to me. this is starting to creep me out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal