2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#594966 - 10/10/07 09:28 AM This should be an illegal lawsuit
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/orl-mdrown1007oct10,0,6825213.story ?track=rss

If this goes forward and this cop wins it would have serious repercussions. So i call the cops because I've been shot and I need to mop up the blood before the officer arrives? Or is a wet floor sign enough? Isn't that contaminating the scene of the crime and messing with evidence?

#594967 - 10/10/07 09:58 AM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's disgusting...

Honestly, we're talking about the life of an infant. Anyone with Kids knows that no matter WHAT you do to protect them, they are always at risk from something or other.

Sure she's a decorated cop, but she certainly won't be very popular with anyone if she continues with this suit.

Absolutely disgusting...

#594968 - 10/10/07 10:27 AM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmm...

Shouldn't that police officer's workers compensation insurance have taken care of the officer? I mean, it says it paid her compensation and her medical bills...what more does she feel she's entitled to??

Seems to me, that was an on-site job hazard, and there shouldn't be any legal right for the officer to sue.

I mean, if an officer gets shot on duty, do they sue the criminal for shooting them? Seems kind of strange.

#594969 - 10/10/07 10:32 AM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Hmm...

Shouldn't that police officer's workers compensation insurance have taken care of the officer? I mean, it says it paid her compensation and her medical bills...what more does she feel she's entitled to??

Seems to me, that was an on-site job hazard, and there shouldn't be any legal right for the officer to sue.

I mean, if an officer gets shot on duty, do they sue the criminal for shooting them? Seems kind of strange.
yeah - that's exactly what worker's comp is for... why the heck would you sue the family?

#594970 - 10/10/07 10:57 AM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
This cop shouldn't be suing this family.

What this scum lawyer said does'nt make the situation any better....

Quote:
"If the Cosmillos had made their pool baby-proof, police would not have been called to the scene, there would have been no water on the floor, and Eichhorn would not have hurt herself, he said.

"It's a situation where the Cosmillos have caused these problems, brought them on themselves, then tried to play the victim," he said."
What a piece of shit.

This guy is the poster boy for lowlife, ambulance chasing, slip n' fall, scum lawyers.

Here's his website.....

http://www.heil-law.com/

He even advertises "slip and fall" as a specialty.

#594971 - 10/10/07 11:10 AM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
GrayHam Offline

Sad.

Being an officer of the law should merit a specific calibre of person.
There should be some sense of pride in that line of work.

I guess, for some, there just isn't . . .

#594972 - 10/10/07 11:28 AM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

Quote:
"If the Cosmillos had made their pool baby-proof, police would not have been called to the scene, there would have been no water on the floor, and Eichhorn would not have hurt herself, he said.

[b]"It's a situation where the Cosmillos have caused these problems, brought them on themselves, then tried to play the victim," he said."
What a piece of shit.

This guy is the poster boy for lowlife, ambulance chasing, slip n' fall, scum lawyers.

Here's his website.....

He even advertises "slip and fall" as a specialty.[/b]
For once, I agree 100% with Madman...no question.

This guy should be disbarred.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#594973 - 10/10/07 12:22 PM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmm...

david@heil-law.com

wink

#594974 - 10/10/07 12:26 PM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
That officer are sooooo NOT going to win her lawsuit...

I predict this suit will probably be dismissed.

#594975 - 10/10/07 12:30 PM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Mobycat Offline

From his FAQ:

Quote:

I see too many people that have been injured in an accident and do not have the proper insurance, and therefore are not able to fully recover for their loss. Remember, you must protect yourself, because no one else will!
Well, of COURSE you do...you're a fucking ambulance chaser.

He might as well say, "hey...don't worry about protecting yourself, because I'll make sure your lazy cheap ass who didn't bother protecting themselves gets money from SOMEONE."
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#594976 - 10/10/07 01:04 PM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
The case below is probably typical for this lawyer....

A few weeks ago, this ambulance chaser, Heil, filed an appeal to have one of his client's cases re-instated.

It seems the guy's case was thrown out by the court and most likely suspected as fraudulent. It's one of those "lower back and neck pain" cases.

http://www.5dca.org/Opinions/Opin2007/082007/5D06-3528.op.pdf

#594977 - 10/10/07 03:02 PM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

Quote:

[b]"It's a situation where the Cosmillos have caused these problems, brought them on themselves, then tried to play the victim," he said."
What a piece of shit.

Here's his website.....

He even advertises "slip and fall" as a specialty.[/b]
NY Madman

I was thinking the same thing and going to post the same quote. That lawyer is a POS.

So in reverse theory, if a cop chases someone and causes an accident, the victims of the accident can sue the cop directly now? Based on that lawyers theory...if the cop wasn't chasing, the person would not have fled....then the person would not have crashed...thus no accident. Try telling that to the Judge.

Stone

#594978 - 17/10/07 01:58 AM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
She\'s dropping the suit, apparently.

Also, the dumb cunt has been placed on administrative leave, and according to another article, will be investigated (by the chief's request) by IA.

She's finished.

#594979 - 17/10/07 09:48 AM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did you see that high forehead? I think she wanted the money to become a man.

#594980 - 17/10/07 12:08 PM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight in Armor:
Did you see that high forehead? I think she wanted the money to become a man.
Forehead...that's an eighthead.

#594981 - 17/10/07 12:19 PM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Anonymous
Unregistered

How is she supposed to return to duty after this. I think when she went from "To Serve and Protect" to "To Sue and Litigate" she ruined her career. I don't care how decorated she is.

To quote a cop...
"You have every right to be angry. As police officers, we defend the victims because no one else does. The officer left the ranks of sheepdogs when she turned on the flock. Especially vile because they lost a child to drowning."

Link:
Cops bashing this cop.

ETS: yeah, the cop in the quote is a tool. On behalf of all us sheeple, we thank you for watching over the "flock".

#594982 - 17/10/07 12:25 PM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Send her a letter to tell her what a total lack of respect she has for those that really are on the streets to protect and serve. Unfortunately this will reflect on those that really take their jobs seriously.

I hope she looses her job.

#594983 - 17/10/07 01:09 PM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Future security guard.

#594984 - 17/10/07 04:11 PM Re: This should be an illegal lawsuit
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:

I hope she looses her job.
Better than tightening it, I guess.

laugh [Wave]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal