Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40819 - 17/11/07 11:16 AM i must have the worst luck
Savage Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
walking to my truck this morning and noticed that some jackass stole my right rear tire (rim and all), PLUS my spare tire, PLUS the center caps on the other 3 tires.

i'm in shock right now. i don't know what to do. I called a couple tire shops and they told me they can't do anything until monday at the earliest (they don't have any rims and have to wait for their warehouse to open and they can't leave my car in their parking lot on a jack)

i filed a police report over the phone and called my insurance company....

i'm close to tears i think...

what worries me is that i dunno if by waiting tomorrow morning i'm going to notice the other 3 tires missing and my truck sitting on bricks...

#40820 - 17/11/07 11:18 AM Re: i must have the worst luck
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
That's pretty rugged...did you have your spare locked or chained?

#40821 - 17/11/07 11:19 AM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear it man. Head to the Nissan dealer on Monday and get some wheel locks. I've got them..worth every penny to not have to deal with dirtbag thieves.

#40822 - 17/11/07 11:31 AM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man that blows. Really sorry to hear about that. Let's form a posse and go for a good ol' fashion lynchin'! (sorry to joke. just trying to make light of the situation).

Well if you think your luck is bad how about mine... I just bought my X 2 months ago and found out last week that I will be losing my job because the plant I work at is shutting down. I'll file bankruptcy before I lose my X!

#40823 - 17/11/07 11:53 AM Re: i must have the worst luck
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
That sucks to hear about. I hate loser scum that does stuff like this.. mad

#40824 - 17/11/07 12:00 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Savage Offline

damn drake. sorry to hear that!

i will get the locking nuts... but funny thing is yesterday my roommate noticed someone had broken off all 4 of his locking nuts. He was thinking someone was going to steal his tires soon..

#40825 - 17/11/07 12:10 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear that, Savage.

Where in Chicago are you?

Savage, maybe I can help... I have 4 Xterra 15" rims sitting in my basement in Chicago and I'm willing to let them go cheap if you need them.

I also have a stock spare tire in my basement. You can have it for free. If you need it for now, I can drive out and get it to ya even today.

Let me know if I can help.

#40826 - 17/11/07 12:17 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Savage, check PMs.

#40827 - 17/11/07 12:17 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Savage Offline

thanks for the offer AHTOXA. Unfortunately though I have the stock 17's on my truck right now so i'd also have to buy new tires for all the rims.

#40828 - 17/11/07 12:30 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Savage Offline

my truck is a gimp right now...

#40829 - 17/11/07 12:35 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can borrow my spare for a couple days if you need it in a pinch. It's an unbalanced 32" MTR.

#40830 - 17/11/07 02:17 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Savage, I was mainly talking about my stock spare, so at least you can take you truck off the jack and get around. You can keep it, I don't need it and you won't have to buy a spare.

#40831 - 17/11/07 02:29 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Did they cut the chain to get the spare off? If not, these are not random punks; they are pros that have the spare t-handle.

You don't have wheel locks?

I would sit a few cars back the next few nights with a baseball bat.....they will be back again, count on it.

S.

#40832 - 17/11/07 03:02 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

i got on ebay when i got my new rims and i got some motegi(sp?) tuner lug nuts in black to match my rims. they take a special key for every single lug nut.
These here

#40833 - 17/11/07 04:48 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

locking lugs don't take much to get off. All you need is either an easy out for a socket that you can hammer over the lock and walla its off. Not really much you can do. Locking lugs are more of just a deterant.

#40834 - 17/11/07 07:37 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Keep checking the for sale thread..maybe soon someone will be selling a stock spare and a 17" rim and tire.. smile

#40835 - 17/11/07 10:12 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have a spare 17 inch steel rim if you want, and i live close to Chicago, very close.

#40836 - 18/11/07 06:12 AM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecoldchavez:

I would sit a few cars back the next few nights with a baseball bat.....they will be back again, count on it.

S.
Baseball bat? I'd be waiting with my shotgun!

#40837 - 18/11/07 10:19 AM Re: i must have the worst luck
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
locking lugs don't take much to get off. All you need is either an easy out for a socket that you can hammer over the lock and walla its off. Not really much you can do. Locking lugs are more of just a deterant.
When I lost my locking lugnut key I got the nut off with a pair of vice grips and a large wrench (used like a cheater bar on the end of the vice grips).... so yeah - they're easy to defeat

#40838 - 20/11/07 09:03 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Savage Offline

thanks for all the offers guys...

so i had my X towed to a Discount Tire...the stock wheel is $400 retail...I found a website with it 1/2 off so he matched the price.
The wheel, the 4 center caps, 2 new pirelli scorpion atr's, and the cheapest wheel he could find for the spare...all plus labor and tax come out to over $1000. Will be in in 3-5 business days.

He offered to sell me 4 new wheels (mb gunner 6). I like how they look (black ones)...the grey ones look good too but I wasn't too excited about them, I dunno why. The new set, plus $100 off for buying the set, plus $100 for selling him 2 of my old rims, would have cost $800 (including the tires). Only problem is he called around and apparently only 3 black gunner 6's left in the US that would fit the X.

I figured it wouldn't matter anyways, seeing i'd only have to pay my deductable....
turns out the insurance company (ICBC) won't pay for it. When I got my insurance last year, I told the agent, "I'll be studying in the US...I need insurance to cover me there. He said, 'Don't worry about it, this will cover you'."

Turns out it doesn't. ICBC told me that in fact I owe them money for not having the right insurance ($5700). confused

On top of that, the insurance I have requires any driver to have their license for over 10 years. I've had mine for 9. I'm wondering why...when he knew I only had mine for 9, would he give me this insurance.

ICBC says I owe them for that too!! ($2100)

It is partially my fault...I should've read the insurance contract more carefully before signing. But wtf...when I go to the agent and give him all my information...I kinda expect he'll give me the right insurance.

anyways...been a shitty week. I'm moving out (can't stand being in this neighbourhood anymore). I'm registering my car here in Illinois (even though I'll be moving out of state again in 2 months). And I'm getting new insurance. And I'm getting ripped off on 2 new tires/wheels.

i'm tired. [Freak]

#40839 - 20/11/07 09:33 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, you're getting ripped off. Trust me, you can get a way better deal. I'd say cancel the deal (if its not to late) and do a little shopping around.

#40840 - 21/11/07 02:44 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Savage Offline

problem is i had the car towed already. flatbed cost $150 to tow 12 miles. i can't afford to tow it again.

#40841 - 21/11/07 02:50 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, I was offering you a FREE stock spare with a brand new tire on there. [Freak] You could have put that on there, driven to NTB (instead of getting towed) or whatever and gotten the tire. You could have used a spare for now to buy a used mathcing rim from here on the board.

You could at least have saved the money on the tow, plus you would have only paid for a matching rim and tire, not two...

Sorry, you got ripped off there.

#40842 - 21/11/07 09:30 PM Re: i must have the worst luck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well duh they are going to rip you off. They know you can't leave the place once you have your X towed there and they can pretty much charge you what they want. Next time shop around and get quotes before having your truck towed that way your not asking to be ripped off.

Get your self a roof rack and a 45LBS weight. Throw your spare on the rack unsecured and put the 45LBS weight in. When you hear an ambulance outside your house you will know someone was trying to steal your tire again. laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal