2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#612920 - 30/11/07 01:56 PM Relocation to Denver Area - Need Some Info
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
My wife and I are considering relocating to Denver sometime within the next 1-2 years and want to get some feedback from people familiar with the area.

My job would require reasonable proximity to Denver International Airport, so the Aurora area looks promising so far (reasonable home prices and so on).

If anyone has any other recommendations or observations on Aurora or other areas as nice or not-so-nice places to live, please fire away.

Thanks for any insights.

#612921 - 30/11/07 01:59 PM Re: Relocation to Denver Area - Need Some Info
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
I don't have any advice for your move but wanted to make sure you've seen this site. Very good for relocating advice to different areas.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/colorado/

#612922 - 30/11/07 02:24 PM Re: Relocation to Denver Area - Need Some Info
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Save up because the cost of living made us move.

#612923 - 30/11/07 05:47 PM Re: Relocation to Denver Area - Need Some Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
My wife and I are considering relocating to Denver sometime within the next 1-2 years and want to get some feedback from people familiar with the area.

My job would require reasonable proximity to Denver International Airport, so the Aurora area looks promising so far (reasonable home prices and so on).

If anyone has any other recommendations or observations on Aurora or other areas as nice or not-so-nice places to live, please fire away.

Thanks for any insights.
We are also looking to relocate in the next couple of years. I took a 10 day trip out there last Xmas and looked at housing, job market etc.
FWIW Aurora from what I can tell is "ghetto" denver. Getting into a nice area with good schools with say a average 3-4 bedroom home will run $200,000-$300,000. Overall I found it to be a very nice city, friendly locals and obviously one of the best outdoor playgrounds in the country. We took a day trip into the mountains one saturday and going up I-70 was like rushhour through Los Angeles lol....
There seems to be plenty of work and from what I could tell the local economy is booming apparently alot of migration from the west coast.
Hope that helps some I am sure the Denver locals will chime in there are plenty on here.

#612924 - 01/12/07 09:55 AM Re: Relocation to Denver Area - Need Some Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

No offense to anyone from California, but they can stay the fuck out of Colorado. It's Colorado, NOT California stop trying to make it California East...
Ok, back to the original question.

Aurora is HUGE, a lot of it is ghetto but there are nice parts of Aurora. If you are looking for proximity to DIA, good schools, and like more of a country feel check out the Watkins/Bennet area (about 10 miles east of "civilization" on I-70) as it's actually closer to DIA than a lot of Denver is laugh

I live in Lone Tree (very far south end of the metro area) and with our toll way (E-470) that takes you to the airport, it takes me about 30-45 minutes to get to DIA and I do that a lot laugh The housing prices are crazy at the moment, but the phenomenon of people buying more house than they can afford hit Denver pretty hard so there are some fantastic deals out there right now. If you have more questions, hop on over to www.roninwheelers.com and we'll hook you up with more info than you ever wanted laugh

[Wave]

#612925 - 01/12/07 06:58 PM Re: Relocation to Denver Area - Need Some Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's lots of new housing right near the airport that's pretty inexpensive. There's also a development on the grounds of the old airport (I think) called Stapelton, not a far commute. If you want to live in the city, check this page out.

I'm actually thinking about trading in my ARTCC job for a TRACON job near the airport. We may be neighbors someday soon, you lucky devil.

#612926 - 01/12/07 10:18 PM Re: Relocation to Denver Area - Need Some Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm in the same boat. My wife will be graduating from med school in two years and I am trying like hell to talk her into residency in or around denver. Being in aviation, the commute to the airport is important. Hopefully see you all in two years.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal