Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#577066 - 22/02/08 10:25 AM Decided to make my 5th vehicle an Xterra! :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm 23 and this will be the 5th vehicle I've owned since I got that license. I am glad I don't go through girls like I go through cars! Unfortunately I totaled my '03 Ranger last month. Fortunately, I got a damn decent check from my insurance provider. I remember looking at Xterras when they first came out (I bought my first Ranger from a Nissan dealership in 2000) and I've always had a liking for them.

I bought a silver 2002 4x4 SESC. It's the first time I've owned a 4x4 and the first time I've owned a vehicle with a supercharger. I'm not to thrilled about the SC since it really doesn't seem to have much of a kick to it, but I also just realized today that I have been using 87 gasoline instead of the recommended 91 (wish I had realized it takes premium frown ... ).

At any rate, once I burn through this last 1/4 tank of 87 I'll switch to 91... can I expect a noticeable increase in performance?

I'm excited for my new ride, I hope it is with me for a long time laugh

#577067 - 22/02/08 10:43 AM Re: Decided to make my 5th vehicle an Xterra! :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] Welcome to the XOC

I don't think you can expect much from a change in gasolines. Clean your MAF sensor, drop-in a K&N filter and that should get you 8 - 10 more hp (so they claim).

I have an '04 SE S/C and if you are unhappy with the lack of kick by the supe than you should drive a 1st gen without one. That's a big strike against the 1st gens is they are underpowered. But I still wouldn't trade mine for anything. I didn't buy it to race. I bought it to get me where my civic couldn't and it does that well beyond my expectations.

Take care of it with the routine maintenance and it will last you as long as you want it to.

#577068 - 22/02/08 10:53 AM Re: Decided to make my 5th vehicle an Xterra! :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Eyes to the Sky:
I'm not to thrilled about the SC
Send it to me. wink

#577069 - 22/02/08 11:12 AM Re: Decided to make my 5th vehicle an Xterra! :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by glazener24:
Quote:
Originally posted by Eyes to the Sky:
[b]I'm not to thrilled about the SC
Send it to me. wink [/b]
Welcome!!!
I remember driving my buddies 02 s/c and it was fast. enjoy it smile

#577070 - 22/02/08 12:22 PM Re: Decided to make my 5th vehicle an Xterra! :)
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
[Wave]

#577071 - 22/02/08 03:58 PM Re: Decided to make my 5th vehicle an Xterra! :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

If you wanted power you should have looked for a Second Generation with the 4 liter VQ engine. Drop a $5500 super charger on top of it and you'd have 360-375 horse power. That kind of power will get you going really fast. There is also an curtain air bag option available on the 2nd generation too.

#577072 - 23/02/08 12:23 AM Re: Decided to make my 5th vehicle an Xterra! :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulXyZ:
[Wave]
There is also an curtain air bag option available on the 2nd generation too.
Are you implying that just because he wrecked his last car that he could use the curtain airbags.
[Huh?]

Welcome aboard. [Wave]

#577073 - 23/02/08 08:33 AM Re: Decided to make my 5th vehicle an Xterra! :)
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
If you wanted power you should have looked for a Second Generation with the 4 liter VQ engine. Drop a $5500 super charger on top of it and you'd have 360-375 horse power. That kind of power will get you going really fast.
Yeah, until your differential explodes [Huh?]

#577074 - 23/02/08 10:27 AM Re: Decided to make my 5th vehicle an Xterra! :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
If you wanted power you should have looked for a Second Generation with the 4 liter VQ engine. Drop a $5500 super charger on top of it and you'd have 360-375 horse power. That kind of power will get you going really fast to the dealership to have your drivetrain replaced.
Fixed it for ya' Doc smile

#577075 - 23/02/08 11:53 AM Re: Decided to make my 5th vehicle an Xterra! :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by EricXE03:
Quote:
[b] [Wave]
There is also an curtain air bag option available on the 2nd generation too.
Are you implying that just because he wrecked his last car that he could use the curtain airbags.
[Huh?]

Welcome aboard. [Wave] [/b]
Haha, ouch! Luckily my wreck wasn't too awful... just bad enough to completely destroy my front suspension, blow out both front tires, and do some bumper/door damage... and something was leaking on the cement that may have been transmission fluid, but I'm not really sure.

At any rate, I'm glad to be in an Xterra and I hope I have better luck with this vehicle than my last few [the one before the Ranger was a 1990 Supra and the head gasket blew... very common problem and the one prior to that was a '69 Cougar which had the heater core go out and didn't get the kind of mileage I could afford anymore].

Thanks for the welcomes!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal