Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#615710 - 03/04/08 01:31 PM Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wife is having a wine tasting party, so myself & my bro in law decided we'll get a couple of nice bottles of Vodka and have a Vodka tasting party at the same time.

Now I've tried the cheap crap before and it wasn't until I started drinking relatively good vodka that I even enjoyed the stuff, after drinking the cheap crap when I was younger.

My current favorite is the Chopin Potatoe Vodka, which isn't high end by any means - but is real smooth.

Anyone here a Vodka conneseaur? I wanna try something that's a step up from the $40 / $50 a bottle kinda price range. Splurge on something good.

#615711 - 03/04/08 01:42 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Grey Goose, bout $40ish. for a 26oz.

#615712 - 03/04/08 01:54 PM Re: Vodka
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Whatever you do.... everyone should probably consider giving up Absolut Vodka.

This is their new ad campaign geared toward Hispanics and most likely illegals. It's the "La Reconquista" pandering campaign....

#615713 - 03/04/08 02:00 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Grey Goose! I said something good laugh

Grey Goose is a mixer as far as I'm concerned. Fine with Cranberry Juice or OJ.

Just buy the huge Kirkland bottle from Costco if you like Grey Goose - it's made by them and about half the price. I always have a Kirkland bottle on hand, but I want something a little higher end than mainstream Kettleone / Grey Goose.

#615714 - 03/04/08 02:10 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Whatever you do.... everyone should probably consider giving up Absolut Vodka.

This is their new ad campaign geared toward Hispanics and most likely illegals. It's the "La Reconquista" pandering campaign....

Haha, I ran across this on Bookworm today! [Well maybe not, couldn't find the link] Good thing I usually buy Smirnoff. Where's our Rusky friends? Here's Michelle Malkin's Site for More information . If you're interested.

Good luck Rog, should be a hell of a morning! [Spit] [LOL]

Haha, how about this for the alternative?
Couldn\'t get the pict to link but here's the one with a fence. [ThumbsUp]

#615715 - 03/04/08 02:10 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate the name, but I've grown to really like "Player's Extreme" vodka... it's super smooth and not expensive. Everytime I go to the local store, I pick up a different brand that I haven't had though just to try. I kinda like the potato vodkas as well - there's just a little something different about it that's interesting.

#615716 - 03/04/08 02:19 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heard some good things about this stuff: http://www.jewelofrussia.com/

Will have to see if I can find a bottle of that next.

#615717 - 03/04/08 02:35 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rusky friends are here smile

My favorite is Smirnoff (and Smirnoff black label). This vodka is good bang for a dollar. There are too many high-end vodkas floating around and I am not a big fan of many of them. Many brands add flavors and reduce the alcohol content to make those flavors more pronounced. I would avoid anything that has a picture of a fruit on it smile Chopin and Grey Goose is what I usually get when I want a drink on the rocks. These products are smooth and you can sip on them. Don't get me wrong, there is a big difference between Popov and Grey Goose. However, once you start drinking the difference will slowly disappear. Especially if vodka is chilled. So if you have a vodka tasting party, chances are that you won't notice a difference in taste after the first couple of shots. Stock up on good food, get pickles, some caviar and deli meats. Take a bite after each shot and you'll be fine smile

#615718 - 03/04/08 02:47 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hanger 1 makes some decent, yet affordable, vodkas. Their flavored vodkas aren't candy-like at all, the flavors being very subtle.

Belvedere is also one of my favorites.

Ciroc is a snap frost grape vodka that I drank heavily for a year or two.

I've heard good things about Imperia as well.

I\'ve always wanted to try Bong Spirit, so get a bottle and let me know laugh

#615719 - 03/04/08 02:52 PM Re: Vodka
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Kettle One

#615720 - 03/04/08 03:03 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ketel One

Tito's Handmade Vodka

#615721 - 03/04/08 03:08 PM Re: Vodka
jaws_o_life Offline

Loc: RVA
Drink Tequila...it'll make their clothes fall off [Too much XOC]

#615722 - 03/04/08 03:20 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Vox.

#615723 - 03/04/08 03:34 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
but I want something a little higher end than mainstream Kettleone / Grey Goose.
For emphasis for the people suggesting Kettle One laugh

#615724 - 03/04/08 03:51 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

This stuff is the shit. Disregard the cheesy looking bottle. Smooth at paint thinner [ThumbsUp]

[Freak]

#615725 - 03/04/08 04:10 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bpc:
This stuff is the shit. Disregard the cheesy looking bottle. Smooth at paint thinner [ThumbsUp]

[Freak]
What a cheap knock off! Does anybody recognize the label?

I love how a company can slap an Eastern European last name on any bottle and claim it to be authentic. BTW, the name of the Polish city is Krakow and Smirnoff should be spelled with a V instead of double 'f's. smile

#615726 - 03/04/08 04:11 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Canadian Vodka! lol. Looks like a Stoli label to me.

#615727 - 03/04/08 04:15 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Of course - it is proven you can take cheap shit vodka and then put it through a water filter about 10 times and create something smoother than silk. I might try that for the tasting party - get some cheap store brand shit and filter it a whole bunch. Test the theory.

#615728 - 03/04/08 04:16 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

#615729 - 03/04/08 04:18 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sure it's a gimic, but hey, lets do it for Jimi..

[Smoking]

#615730 - 03/04/08 05:09 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

sneaky stuff, after a bottle it appears you cant do complex math

#615731 - 03/04/08 05:22 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

My thoughts on Vodka are "If it don't come in plastic, it ain't fantastic."

I don't drink plastic jug vodka by choice, but my wife gets it for me, usually in bulk. I think she wised up after a while and figured out that if I was gonna be throwing the bottle at her head towards the end of the night, a plastic jug would mitigate the damage. Plus, it's easier to fight off a drunk, 250 lb. horny rage machine if you're not suffering from a concussion. It's like a two-fer. That's one smart bitch, I'll tell ya.

(If my wife reads this, I'm a dead man. Love you honey!)

#615732 - 03/04/08 05:29 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
My thoughts on Vodka are "If it don't come in plastic, it ain't fantastic."

I don't drink plastic jug vodka by choice, but my wife gets it for me, usually in bulk. I think she wised up after a while and figured out that if I was gonna be throwing the bottle at her head towards the end of the night, a plastic jug would mitigate the damage. Plus, it's easier to fight off a drunk, 250 lb. horny rage machine if you're not suffering from a concussion. It's like a two-fer. That's one smart bitch, I'll tell ya.

(If my wife reads this, I'm a dead man. Love you honey!)
That explains your XOC antics.... Note to Shahram's wife, no more vodka please...

#615733 - 03/04/08 05:34 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
it's easier to fight off a drunk, 250 lb. horny rage machine
Your wife's not that bad, I mean, c'mon, she likes you.. Cut her some slack.

#615734 - 03/04/08 05:44 PM Re: Vodka
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Canadian Vodka! lol. Looks like a Stoli label to me.
Yep, they did not even bother with the picture of a monastery in the background smile Gotta love it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal