Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#596550 - 06/05/08 07:21 AM Donuts...
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
I'm a huge fan of the donut. Krispy Kreme's are good, but the sugar is a bit over the top for me. What are you favorites?

Anyone up for a Maple BACON Donut?

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#596551 - 06/05/08 07:53 AM Re: Donuts...
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
You can eat a whole dozen of regular krispy kreme donuts in about 4 - 6 bites. I've done it.

Make 4 stacks of 3, microwave for about a minute (depends on microwave), squash each stack, then stack and squash again, then chomp.

MMMMM. Instant heart attack/sugar rush though. Haven't done it in years, but man is it tasty.

I don't eat donuts much anymore but Dunkin Donuts cherry cake with frosting are probably my favorite.

#596552 - 06/05/08 07:55 AM Re: Donuts...
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I'm also a fan of Krispy Kreme. There's also a few local mom & pop type places that are good.

#596553 - 06/05/08 08:16 AM Re: Donuts...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Definately Krispy Kreme (grew up in the Carolinas). Favorite type: raspberry jelly filled.

If only I lived a little closer to one of these though...

#596554 - 06/05/08 09:18 AM Re: Donuts...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Krispy Kreme pulled out of Phoenix after only a short few years here. I'm from Louisiana and I grew up on Shipley Donuts every Sunday morning.

#596555 - 06/05/08 09:52 AM Re: Donuts...
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
My friend is from Boston and she HATES Krispy Kreme donuts. (She also hates gravy. Weird Northerners!) Maybe KK is just a southern thing. I personally can't resist them. If there's a fresh box at work in the morning, it takes all my power not to grab one and shove it in my mouth like I haven't eaten in days. But if I see a box of Dunkin Donuts, it doesn't have the same effect.

I personally haven't had a donut in MONTHS. I'm proud of myself!

#596556 - 06/05/08 10:10 AM Re: Donuts...
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
We had a lot of Krispy Kreme's open here in PA about 5 years ago, then just suddenly most of them just disappeared. Really big in the Carolina's.

#596557 - 06/05/08 10:18 AM Re: Donuts...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Krispy Kremes are just ok. In reality, I'm not impressed.

Give me a mom-and-pop donut shop donut over Krispy Kreme ANY day.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#596558 - 06/05/08 10:30 AM Re: Donuts...
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I LOVE maple bars and apple fritters, but most donuts are just fine with me! smile Krispy Kreme though? Never understood the attraction... just sugar and air. I like my donuts to be a bit more substantial.

#596559 - 06/05/08 11:38 AM Re: Donuts...
TravelingFool Offline

The real treat for me is an honest to goodness Jalapeno Sausage Kolache with cheese. Looks like a donut... NOT a donut! Mornings in Clear Lake City, TX makes the best. Nobody serves Koaches in Minnesota. In fact, there just aren't many donut shops here period. Maybe it's because the locals call them "rolls." Weirdos...

#596560 - 06/05/08 12:00 PM Re: Donuts...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
The real treat for me is an honest to goodness Jalapeno Sausage Kolache with cheese. Looks like a donut... NOT a donut! Mornings in Clear Lake City, TX makes the best. Nobody serves Koaches in Minnesota. In fact, there just aren't many donut shops here period. Maybe it's because the locals call them "rolls." Weirdos...
Can't drive through West, TX, without stopping for their fruit-'n-creamcheese kolaches.

Jak se mas!

#596561 - 06/05/08 01:04 PM Re: Donuts...
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
I used to like Krispy Kreme. During the 90's there seemed to be a lot of them but they have all disappeared from around here.

Dunkin Donuts used to be pretty good. I like the French Crullers. They are still alright.

However, the nanny state government here passed a law regarding trans fat oils and many places including Dunkin Donuts had to change their recipes. You can taste the difference. They are not as good as they used to be.

I used to love the Corn Muffins at Dunkin Donuts. They were moist and fresh. Now they are kind of dry and never taste fresh. The last time I got one I just threw it out.

#596562 - 06/05/08 01:30 PM Re: Donuts...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Krispy Kreme SUCKS. Never understood the hype as most of the stuff they had was pretty nasty and only a half step above day old gas station mystery donuts. They were up here for a little bit then vanished.

#596563 - 06/05/08 01:42 PM Re: Donuts...
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by GrandForksXterra:
Krispy Kreme SUCKS.
Damn northerners.

#596564 - 06/05/08 02:19 PM Re: Donuts...
Joe-Nathan Offline

Loc: St. Martinville, LA
They opened a Krispy Kreme donut shop here in Lafayette, it did not last a year before they closed. To many mom and pop places here in South Louisiana.
Skatchkins, you are right. Shipley made some good donuts. But now Meche's Donut is the King here in the Lafayette area. Thier caked donuts are most excellent, especially when they are fresh and hot.
2011 Titan CC Pro-4x (Smoke)
"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

#596565 - 06/05/08 07:59 PM Re: Donuts...
Anonymous
Unregistered

MMMMM...Meche's. Miss them, but what I'd kill for is a just out of the fryer plate of beignets from Cafe DuMonde and a hot cup of Community Dark Roast to wash them down.
I get the Community shipped a couple times a year, but the beignets'll have to wait till the next trip home...dammit!

#596566 - 07/05/08 12:46 AM Re: Donuts...
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
A nice twist from Winchells

I'll have to be sure and get one before I head back to the east coast....

#596567 - 07/05/08 01:27 AM Re: Donuts...
Anonymous
Unregistered

TIM HORTONS! EH!

laugh

#596568 - 07/05/08 05:38 AM Re: Donuts...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Krispy Kreme SUCKS. Never understood the hype as most of the stuff they had was pretty nasty and only a half step above day old gas station mystery donuts. They were up here for a little bit then vanished.
You said it, brotherman.

Dunkin Donuts is where it's at.

#596569 - 07/05/08 06:09 AM Re: Donuts...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Quote:
[b]Krispy Kreme SUCKS.
Damn northerners.[/b]
They really aren't that good. It's all sugar. To paraphrase Clara Peller, "Where's the dough?!"

A real doughnut is made by an individual, not a machine.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#596570 - 07/05/08 11:52 AM Re: Donuts...
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
BLASPHEMY!!!! Krispy Kreme rules. Y'all must be talking about bagels.

#596571 - 07/05/08 12:43 PM Re: Donuts...
TravelingFool Offline

...just got back from Canada, Tim Horton's donuts SUCK the Cho-Cho! It doesn't help that you can't drive through Toronto for 23 seconds without seeing one either.

#596572 - 07/05/08 07:34 PM Re: Donuts...
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
I've lived in Krispy Kreme country for (counting on fingers and toes) 18 years now. They were great for a while, but I've pretty much burned out on them. Damn, last time I did buy a box (actually my father-in-law sprang for the bill) a dozen of those suckers were like - what - almost 7 bucks?

Surprised none of the Austinites have nominated Round Rock donuts yet. That's some good eatin' there, and cheaper than KK's cardboard boxes.

#596573 - 08/05/08 05:05 AM Re: Donuts...
OrganDonor Offline

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Xorand:
Surprised none of the Austinites have nominated Round Rock donuts yet. That's some good eatin' there, and cheaper than KK's cardboard boxes.
We don't typically eat donuts. You know, trying to teach the kids healthy habits,etc. However, sounds like an EXCELLENT idea for Saturday morning!

OD

#596574 - 08/05/08 05:26 AM Re: Donuts...
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Xorand:
I've lived in Krispy Kreme country for (counting on fingers and toes) 18 years now. They were great for a while, but I've pretty much burned out on them. Damn, last time I did buy a box (actually my father-in-law sprang for the bill) a dozen of those suckers were like - what - almost 7 bucks?

Look out Malcolm. They'll kick you out of south for saying that. Them's fightin' words.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal