Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#616510 - 25/06/08 10:20 PM Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Here are the details:

DNC "green" requirements......and LOTS of \'em

Hmmm.......wonder why that Andrea Robinson chick got that job....

#616511 - 26/06/08 10:19 AM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

""Perhaps Ms. Robinson's most audacious goal is to reuse, recycle or compost at least 85% of all waste generated during the convention.""

So she is going to reuse, recycle or compost Obama?

[Spit]

#616512 - 26/06/08 10:29 AM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by stone:
""Perhaps Ms. Robinson's most audacious goal is to reuse, recycle or compost at least 85% of all waste generated during the convention.""

[Spit]
I want to be there when they shove that coont wife of his in the trash compacter.

#616513 - 26/06/08 10:33 AM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Quote:
Originally posted by stone:
[b]""Perhaps Ms. Robinson's most audacious goal is to reuse, recycle or compost at least 85% of all waste generated during the convention.""

[Spit]
I want to be there when they shove that coont wife of his in the trash compacter.[/b]
Hey, come on...McCain's already claimed HIS wife for that title.

#616514 - 26/06/08 11:51 AM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
That "green convention" babe is hot.

I found it funny that they wanted union shops to make their fanny packs and couldn't find any in this country that make them out of cotton. (Who the hell wears a fanny pack anyway besides girlymen?)

The union thing is extremely hypocritical because the Democrat Speaker of the House, Pelosi, owns hotels, a vineyard, and a restaurant chain and unions are not allowed in any of those businesses.

All that effort so they can claim to have a "green convention". All the extra money spent and wasted. These are the people that control the purse strings of government. eek

This new religion of "green" and all the accompanying sacraments they have to practice is very expensive.

#616515 - 26/06/08 11:56 AM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
(Who the hell wears a fanny pack anyway besides girlymen?)
It's the Democratic convention....so, ummm, duh!

Quote:
The union thing is extremely hypocritical because the Democrat Speaker of the House, Pelosi, owns hotels, a vineyard, and a restaurant chain and unions are not allowed in any of those businesses.
The "Do as I say....not as I do" party.

Quote:
All that effort so they can claim to have a "green convention". All the extra money spent and wasted. These are the people that control the purse strings of government. eek .
wink

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#616516 - 26/06/08 12:29 PM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#616517 - 26/06/08 02:09 PM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

^^ Buwhahahahaha^^^

That "green convention chick" loves Xterras.
Especially driven by old men who live in the mountains where there's plenty of green.

#616518 - 26/06/08 03:47 PM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll try to get downtown with my camera during the convention...if I have time after rescuing my company's gear from the looters.

#616519 - 26/06/08 03:57 PM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
With us having the GOP convention here in MN this year should be interesting.

#616520 - 26/06/08 05:48 PM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XOC:

With us having the GOP convention here in MN this year should be interesting.
Yesterday I read something in the New Somalia Star Tribune about some of the plans that some groups have in store for the GOP convention......

Link....

Quote:
Elaborate plans are underway to encircle and "shut down" the Republican National Convention at St. Paul's Xcel Energy Center in September. The strategies and tactics involved could come straight from a guerrilla warfare manual.

Anarchist groups with ominous names -- the RNC Welcoming Committee, Unconventional Action -- have announced a "three-tier strategy" to cut off the Xcel Center. The steps include "blockading" streets and freeways, "immobilizing" delegates' transportation and "blocking" bridges to impede delegates' access to the center.

The plan also features a "swarm, seize, stay" strategy. After dividing the city into "sectors," protesters propose to "seize space" through both "hard technical blockades" and "softer, more mobile blockades" such as congestion, according to anarchist websites.

Some demonstrators may chain themselves together in public thoroughfares, while others operate in "waves" designed to "spread out police both geographically and tactically."
I have a feeling at this convention the people wearing the fanny packs will be outside... not inside the convention center.

wink

#616521 - 26/06/08 05:55 PM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I foresee the Minneapolis/St. Paul Police getting a helping hand from the National Guard.

#616522 - 27/06/08 06:44 AM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Time to break out the riot sticks, rubber bullets, hoses, and tear gas.

#616523 - 27/06/08 07:32 AM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 20001frontier:
Time to break out the riot sticks, rubber bullets, hoses, and tear gas.
The Minneapolis Police like to use horses to knock people over, especially in the streets after the bars close.

#616524 - 27/06/08 07:42 AM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

That works to. laugh

#616525 - 27/06/08 09:28 AM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ndxterra:
Quote:
[b]Time to break out the riot sticks, rubber bullets, hoses, and tear gas.
The Minneapolis Police like to use horses to knock people over, especially in the streets after the bars close.[/b]
Spoken like a true drunk who wandered outside a bar and ran into a horse. :p

#616526 - 27/06/08 10:19 AM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
NY Madman Offline

Horses are a great method of crowd control in urban areas. All major police departments use them.

These anarchist groups and other full time agitation groups actually hold training seminars and some have even been stupid enough to print literature in regard to protest methods and how to cause chaos and mayhem. The worst of the anarchists tell their protesters to bring bags of marbles to throw in the streets to defeat mounted police.

Prior to the New York GOP convention in 2004 the NYPD Intelligence Division actually infiltrated some of these groups and were prepared when the convention rolled around.

I'm sure the Denver and Minneapolis police are doing the same.

#616527 - 27/06/08 01:39 PM Re: Democratic National Convention - Sounds Like Fun!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Quote:
Originally posted by ndxterra:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Time to break out the riot sticks, rubber bullets, hoses, and tear gas.
The Minneapolis Police like to use horses to knock people over, especially in the streets after the bars close.[/b]
Spoken like a true drunk who wandered outside a bar and ran into a horse. :p [/b]
Allegedly [Uh Oh !] Hey, he shouldn't have been standing there. I have also seen them use mace effectively.

I'm curious whether Ms. Robinson is studying the environmental impact of Denver's crowd control methods, and if she has big boobs.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal